Is the Forum a pit of disappointment? Yes it is :]

Users who are viewing this thread

You got RtR with peace treaties while a being a vassal aswell though, so could (and probably had it) max it out by the time you started your kingdom.
This is not the point but I play along: There were times that I started my kingdom without being anyone's vassal and I know that this is not the only way to get RtR.

8 years of development and 1 year in EA and people still defend this game. I could understand if it was 3 years or something but come one. They have had nearly a decade. A decade worth of mods and other games in the series to pull from. They deserve the negativity and insults.
Okay, so what will happen if we do not defend the game? What do you want us to do? Pack up and leave? Thats the most you can do...so try it maybe? Go and live your life and stop complaining about the game? I am sure you wasted your dollars on something in your life before, so consider this one of those and stop taking unnecessary space here?

"Is the Forum a pit of disappointment?"

Yup. The pit of disappointment, the remains of crushed expectations, the Dorian's Gray portrait of videogames

Okay, so what will happen if we do not defend the game? What do you want us to do? Pack up and leave? Thats the most you can do...so try it maybe? Go and live your life and stop complaining about the game? I am sure you wasted your dollars on something in your life before, so consider this one of those and stop taking unnecessary space here?
Wise words, how dare people speak their minds on a forum dubbed 'General Discussion'. Such insolence!

Okay, so what will happen if we do not defend the game? What do you want us to do? Pack up and leave? Thats the most you can do...so try it maybe? Go and live your life and stop complaining about the game?
Incredible, the very definition of a bootlicker. You are implying that if you and your faction of 'defenders' stop defending this game, you will lose all purpose in life. How about instead of defending, tell them what they did right and where they can improve? That's what has been done for the past years on this forum. More and more people are realizing how empty this game will turn out to be, not because their minds were made upon release, but because of the progress that has been made since release.

The fact that you consider 'TW defenders' as a group is comical. We are all on the same side, wanting the game to be better. At least, that was my impression, people being frustrated at TW is simply out of passion for the M&B series. You, however... well, you're on your knees licking their boots, for what? You clearly don't want the game to improve, so why don't YOU go live your life instead of defending a company that will never give you the light of day.

Do think that those of us who complain want the game to fail? Do you think that so many people would put so many hours on these forums just to jerk TWs chain? If you think the game is great I'm really happy for you, but for those of us who think the game isn't we'd like a chance to express our displeasure.

Wise words, how dare people speak their minds on a forum dubbed 'General Discussion'. Such insolence!

Incredible, the very definition of a bootlicker. You are implying that if you and your faction of 'defenders' stop defending this game, you will lose all purpose in life. How about instead of defending, tell them what they did right and where they can improve? That's what has been done for the past years on this forum. More and more people are realizing how empty this game will turn out to be, not because their minds were made upon release, but because of the progress that has been made since release.

The fact that you consider 'TW defenders' as a group is comical. We are all on the same side, wanting the game to be better. At least, that was my impression, people being frustrated at TW is simply out of passion for the M&B series. You, however... well, you're on your knees licking their boots, for what? You clearly don't want the game to improve, so why don't YOU go live your life instead of defending a company that will never give you the light of day.
Does this look to you like constructive criticism? All I see is entitled brats complaining despite the TW obviously working to improve the game.

The complaints here are at an hilarious level and I'd honestly have them refund you and ban you from these forums.
Many people DO contribute constructive criticism, try to help with the process of development, give out ideas and even coding aid.
What do people like you do?

Complain about TW scamming us, not doing anything...etc.

I don't know, why does a game need to defended? People complain because
1: Frustrated so feels good to let it out
2:Concerned for ongoing development
Does it feel good defend the game? Is like when people say how much they support ________ on facebook? I mean if they support ________ then give ______ money and **** all thier ******, that's what people want, not facebook post.
You already gave TW money so what now.... oh I see..... okay I support you in your need to do that ?

What annoying to me is even if I say a 100% accurate and supportive thing about TW and bannerlord, people will try to twist into crapping on TW and Bannerlord anyways (I know because they make youtube videos ?). Like they actual want to read "Tw and banner lord are perfect Leave them alone everyone" and anything else is putting them down?

Who do you think plays the game? ME! I play it a lot and I would say it's 'good', but basically every complain about it is also justified.

I get frustrated, because I come to the forum to find little tidbits of information and things to do in game, and to help others with the same... but it is getting harder and harder to find actual posts about playing the game in between all the unconstructive trash.

The only snowballing around the game these days is all of the self entitled crying. It's gotten to the point that if someone posts a constructive post about doing something in the game, they're accused of being a white knight game defender.

Certainly, I make complaints about things I don't like or don't think are working in the game. I just put them in the support forum where they can contribute to the solution. But hey. Some folks just got to tell the world about their pain.

And here I am moaning about moaners.

Damn it TW. It's your fault.

I get frustrated, because I come to the forum to find little tidbits of information and things to do in game, and to help others with the same... but it is getting harder and harder to find actual posts about playing the game in between all the unconstructive trash.

The only snowballing around the game these days is all of the self entitled crying. It's gotten to the point that if someone posts a constructive post about doing something in the game, they're accused of being a white knight game defender.

Certainly, I make complaints about things I don't like or don't think are working in the game. I just put them in the support forum where they can contribute to the solution. But hey. Some folks just got to tell the world about their pain.

And here I am moaning about moaners.

Damn it TW. It's your fault.
Tbf, this forum is more dedicated to feedback.
Reddit, Steam Forums and YouTube are better places to exchange on these fronts.

I think everything is fine!
EaF0leX.png

Does this look to you like constructive criticism? All I see is entitled brats complaining despite the TW obviously working to improve the game.

The complaints here are at an hilarious level and I'd honestly have them refund you and ban you from these forums.
Many people DO contribute constructive criticism, try to help with the process of development, give out ideas and even coding aid.
What do people like you do?

Complain about TW scamming us, not doing anything...etc.
Reactions of this kind are merely a reflection of ignorance and demonstrate an inability to see simple actualities such as the lack of development progress made by TaleWorlds

It's a good thing that's not up to you, then. You may see it as customers biting the hand that feeds, but in reality the relationship is inverted. TW sometimes seems to not just bite the hand that feeds (customers), but also ignores what is freely given. It's immensely frustrating to see, and is the worst it has ever been in all my time here.

Still, the reason any of us remain here is the hope that this situation changes and the game becomes more than it currently is. We want it to succeed, but we're past the point of blind faith in TW. It's fine to not have all the answers or not put out a perfect initial product, and it's OK to ask for feedback & guidance, but don't do both and stubbornly press on with your grand vision when it's clearly not working out.

It's a good thing that's not up to you, then. You may see it as customers biting the hand that feeds, but in reality the relationship is inverted. TW sometimes seems to not just bite the hand that feeds (customers), but also ignores what is freely given. It's immensely frustrating to see, and is the worst it has ever been in all my time here.

Still, the reason any of us remain here is the hope that this situation changes and the game becomes more than it currently is. We want it to succeed, but we're past the point of blind faith in TW. It's fine to not have all the answers or not put out a perfect initial product, and it's OK to ask for feedback & guidance, but don't do both and stubbornly press on with your grand vision when it's clearly not working out.
QFT (y)

Complains are fine.
Unsatisfied or negative feedback is fine.
Criticism with comprehensive suggestion is fine.

What is not fine is overly aggressive comments that only spread hate on the community. These things put bad taste in mouth of players that actually enjoying the game at its current stage.

You are being delusional if you think hateful comments will speedup the development of the game. 8 yrs of development just for EA version and another 1 year just to fix crashes and petty amount of content. If being toxic in forum can magically speedup the development, the game should have been released 6 yrs ago. Do I hate the phase of development? Yes, I do. Its comparable to snail, but there's nothing we can do about that.

Just leave your complaints, feedback and suggestion then move on. There's life outside of bannerlord.

I think people get frustrated as the game seems to get worse rather than better

The improvements made to the game are adding things that don't work on top of lots of other things that dont work rather than fixing the things that dont work.

What do I mean by that

Some long standing issues that have not been properly addressed

Siege engine ladders ( c'mon fix them )
Garrisons starving ( c'mon fix them )
Looters with bionic arms thet throw rocks that hit harder than arrows or axes ( c'mon fix it )
Armies that put mounted companions in charge of infantry who then charge solo at the enemy and die ( c'mon fix it )

I'll not bore you with the rest theres loads more stuff I could add

Your 100% right in your comment. I don't complain but the game is lacking and i do have some wishes. . Already wanting 1.5.11 . I don't play a full game just test the new stuff added and then wait again untill the games got more indepth features before i do a full campaign .
from experience, I'll only do a full campaign when the game is officially out of EA, see what's missing, fix the game with mods. After that if it manages to keep my interest I'll be "satisfied", if not, i'll rant again and delete it permanently.

Back
Top Bottom