Is the Forum a pit of disappointment? Yes it is :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Riffraff99

Veteran
I looked recently at the current reviews for Bannerlord on Steam and noticed that it seems like the majority likes the game alot meanwhile the steamcharts say something else.

Last edited:
I looked recently at the current reviews for Bannerlord on Steam and noticed that it seems like the majority likes the game alot meanwhile the steamcharts say something else.

The steam charts show a very healthy playerbase...?

The reason this forum is so miserable is because it's for the diehard fans; and while bannerlord looks nice and still had the classic M&B gameplay - it is not everything people want from it.

A lot of people on forum have played the game a lot and become disgruntled over things and the lack of more stuff added. A lot of forum people are only checking the forum for news of certain content or fixes and getting annoyed over time to not find them mentioned.
Most reviewers played the game for a week or less and though it was pretty good, rated it and moved on.
I don't think I ever seen a person who plays the game regularly who doesn't share most of the common complaints and whishes for the game.

It's also true that the most miserable people are spamming rant threads. If you are an outsider, you may get the impression that the forum users are all miserable sods. Okay, the MP people are, but they have good reasons.
There's still a lot of reasonable people that don't feel the urge to tell TW to **** themselves every day, but are interested in what needs to be done to make the game better.

A lot of people on forum have played the game a lot and become disgruntled over things and the lack of more stuff added. A lot of forum people are only checking the forum for news of certain content or fixes and getting annoyed over time to not find them mentioned.
Most reviewers played the game for a week or less and though it was pretty good, rated it and moved on.
I don't think I ever seen a person who plays the game regularly who doesn't share most of the common complaints and whishes for the game.

Are you sure about that ?
I don't like categorizing people into bags just for the sake of saying " a lot ", all of this are assumptions to me.
Regarding your last point, the fact there are so many complaints and wishes here makes it clear that you will find people playing this game regularly who share it on the wild.
That doesn't mean that everyone has to agree with everything, me included if that really matters, there are some rants here that I completely disagree with, that's the beauty of a community afterall.

Your 100% right in your comment. I don't complain but the game is lacking and i do have some wishes. . Already wanting 1.5.11 . I don't play a full game just test the new stuff added and then wait again untill the games got more indepth features before i do a full campaign .

I would argue that the number of regular concurrent players for this game on steam is, as a matter of fact, very impressive for a (largely) SP game released more than a year ago. As previous comments suggested, forum users, especially the complainers, tend to be heavy players. When you spent too much time on something, you got to find tons of shortcomings no matter how good the stuff already is. It's like when you read from the news that gorgeous actresses' husbands still cheat on them.
Personally, I find the complaints and criticism mostly justified albeit a little unnecessary. Because we all know, at the end of the day, it is the modders not TW that would the game epic.

I would argue that the number of regular concurrent players for this game on steam is, as a matter of fact, very impressive for a (largely) SP game released more than a year ago. As previous comments suggested, forum users, especially the complainers, tend to be heavy players. When you spent too much time on something, you got to find tons of shortcomings no matter how good the stuff already is. It's like when you read from the news that gorgeous actresses' husbands still cheat on them.
Personally, I find the complaints and criticism mostly justified albeit a little unnecessary. Because we all know, at the end of the day, it is the modders not TW that would the game epic.

I am not asking for Epic, I just wanted (among other improvements) something to do in town scenes. That was supposed to be the main area of improvement and little to nothing was achieved.

A lot of old modders (like myself) just find there's so little immersion in this game. I need at least 10 major mods to even turn it on.

Last edited:
This forum has really opened my eyes to how entitled and childish a gaming community can be. Bannerlord is a good game that's slowly and steadily improving.

The Devs deserves a better community than the one they have been lumbered with here.

The loudest people are rarely the voice of the majority.

But the answer you are searching for is context.

Most people who are displeased with Bannerlord have played Warband before and followed the devlogs before the EA for years.
Expectations are much higher for those and rightfully so. There is a natural expectation of a sequal being at least as good as the prequel. And most importantly these people take the promises into account the developers made before the release.

On the other hand most people who are pleased with the game are either newcomers to the game and see the game at face value or they are still hopefull that the game will be patched to a satisfactory result.

Apart from some deep issues the game is not bad and would at the face of it deserve its 82% positive score on steam.
But taking into consideration what was promised beforehand and what was present / working already in Warband but not in Bannerlord (and neither will be) it doesn't.

This forum has really opened my eyes to how entitled and childish a gaming community can be. Bannerlord is a good game that's slowly and steadily improving.

The Devs deserves a better community than the one they have been lumbered with here.
What are you on about man? yes it has improved, performance wise. Less crashes etc. Now, content wise? its barely moved forward.

Slowly and steadily improving ? yes we had to wait 5 years for it to come out? Now that its been out for over a year, it's still pretty barebones. Nice one man.

Entitled....So, asking for a half decent game is what you call being entitled? and that's after people waited for years. Interesting, nice one man. Captain save a ....over here.

The loudest people are rarely the voice of the majority.

But the answer you are searching for is context.

Most people who are displeased with Bannerlord have played Warband before and followed the devlogs before the EA for years.
Expectations are much higher for those and rightfully so. There is a natural expectation of a sequal being at least as good as the prequel. And most importantly these people take the promises into account the developers made before the release.

On the other hand most people who are pleased with the game are either newcomers to the game and see the game at face value or they are still hopefull that the game will be patched to a satisfactory result.

Apart from some deep issues the game is not bad and would at the face of it deserve its 82% positive score on steam.
But taking into consideration what was promised beforehand and what was present / working already in Warband but not in Bannerlord (and neither will be) it doesn't.
I'm just rushing through this septic quality thread to second your argument.
Well said mate.... fiummmm.
giphy.gif

A lot of those reviews are about 30 or 50 hours in, to this day. People who undoubtedly saw their streamer playing it or caught the hype, played for a bit, reviewed due to that craze and then forgot about it. They weren't aware of what Warband was or what was promised or shown before EA. They only know the game for what it is. Content because they don't know better.

So I say it doesn't mean a thing.

Because the people here have nothing better to do, and they want attention.
Yhe game isn't perfect, but is good enough to deserve more respect.

8 years of development and 1 year in EA and people still defend this game. I could understand if it was 3 years or something but come one. They have had nearly a decade. A decade worth of mods and other games in the series to pull from. They deserve the negativity and insults.

The games fun enough, but for hardcore fans that play since the original or warband a lot of issues are glaring, especially seeing what modder were/are able to do. Big numbers of players dont mean much for me as a player of the game, same with reviews.

I think this partly boils down to Bannerlord being a decent game unless you've played Warband. The Warband-people probably, and with good reason, expected a lot more from Bannerlord than what we currently have. I mean, if you had told me three years ago that stuff like feasts wouldn't be in the game, I would call you crazy. Now... oh well.

I think this partly boils down to Bannerlord being a decent game unless you've played Warband. The Warband-people probably, and with good reason, expected a lot more from Bannerlord than what we currently have. I mean, if you had told me three years ago that stuff like feasts wouldn't be in the game, I would call you crazy. Now... oh well.
Sort of like the Star Wars prequels. To anyone who had never seen the original trilogy (like my brother), they were amazing, but to people like me who had seen them before the prequels came out (or rather when I got to be able to see them), they were not nearly as good (although now the horridness of the Sequel trilogy has shed some good light on the prequels, perhaps Bannerlord will be the same if they release a garbage game after it?) Same with The Office. Seasons 8-9 aren't bad, and if watching them alone you'd really appreciate them, but seeing the seasons with Michael Scott, they just aren't as good.

Back
Top Bottom