Is the dynasty mechanic wasted feature and is it also the reason fast paced combat agenda pushed by TW?

How many generation did you play in Bannerlord in your longest campaign?

Votes: 71 79.8%

Votes: 12 13.5%

Votes: 3 3.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't even see why I would want to play as my child. I specfiicaly created my initial character, and built them up over the course of hours. I don't want to start over again as some kid who's existence I barely remember for 99% of the game

I barely remember for 99% of the game
That is one of the problem, is it not? I gather companions, I marry a lady or lord. We have been in countless battles and yet I can not interact with them any different than other npcs in the game. The only different thing I can do is tell them their role in the clan and that is it. End of my main character, let's say I am 60 years old and my relationship with my wife or with my companions who shared lots of hardship with me is +1. I mean WTF!

At least that also not polished and finished system is quite some of the fewer innovative (implemented) gameplay ideas instead only again and again usual gameplay with some different (more modern) graphics but hopefully same controls.

That is one of the problem, is it not? I gather companions, I marry a lady or lord. We have been in countless battles and yet I can not interact with them any different than other npcs in the game. The only different thing I can do is tell them their role in the clan and that is it. End of my main character, let's say I am 60 years old and my relationship with my wife or with my companions who shared lots of hardship with me is +1. I mean WTF!

You could spend hours playing board games with her...

hahahahah....game is just sooo unpolished and nothing seems to be improving.

I don't even see why I would want to play as my child. I specfiicaly created my initial character, and built them up over the course of hours. I don't want to start over again as some kid who's existence I barely remember for 99% of the game
IT'S YOUR SON. YOUR BLOOD AND MEAT.
Problem is as players we have 0 attachment to our kids. We can't play as them, we can't teach them, we can't parent them. All we have is some choices and boom he's 18 (hurray). First of all if game was properly balanced about this feature (time frame wise), we would have a choice to develop our main character into governor, give up adventuring and pass on our combat/leadership skills (70-90%) onto our child and give them more attribute/focus points. Also allow us to tutor them/educate/books etc. or even groom for 1 year (like that noble quest). Those things would give some kind of attachment to our son/heir/family member.
At least that also not polished and finished system is quite some of the fewer innovative (implemented) gameplay ideas instead only again and again usual gameplay with some different (more modern) graphics but hopefully same controls.
It's good if other features were on par or better than in previous game, which is not the case here. There's lot of unfinished features, which after elimination (because of how unfinished they are) we end up with less features than previous game. Kinda downgrade.
I mean WTF!
Atleast you end up with +1 no -99, because you didn't let them pillage a castle =D.
They should have listened to the community and add Sex scenes for the wife...
There will be mods for it. I know there will be and I am happy about it.

It's good if other features were on par or better than in previous game, which is not the case here. There's lot of unfinished features, which after elimination (because of how unfinished they are) we end up with less features than previous game. Kinda downgrade.
Your are right, the waiting for something really fully functional (new or known from former titles) and well thought needs more than only some patience.

IMHO they focused the efforts on combat, everything else is unpolish/unfinished/half developed/call as you want ... it is a big shame because the parts to build something great are there.

You can't keep playing for generations because the game lacks depth. There is a LOT to develop for an immersive and rewarding experience, but we are ignored to this day with this damn "too complex" thing.

I find the dynasty mechanic innovative and pleasant.

The matter would be more to discuss on how to make the game not boring from the time we enter that war logic, with illogical choices from the AI.
Maybe the emphasis should be put on several other aspects of the game so as to keep it attractive; like caravans managment, maybe improve towns managment (food managment can be a problem - which I have solved using the console and killing prosperity lol) , also the diplomacy (as an example among many, in a current playthrough, Garios is lonely, but the idiot won't surrender nor join another kingdom, he will go on suck as much as he can... ). There are several ways, already existing, to improve so as to keep the game attractive on the long play.

Just my opinion. :wink:

The dynasty mechanic really just screwed up the game's pacing.

Imagine taking a sandbox game and implementing a groundless and inorganic time clock for the player character, which acts as nothing more than an unjustified sword of Damocles hanging over their head for the entire game. This arbitrary time constraint of course speeds everything else up; the months/seasons/years go by very quickly with the shortened and accelerated calendar, and wars and conflicts feel like they're playing out in fast-forward speed.

Mount&Blade isn't Crusader Kings. It's always been its own unique entity with its own unique strengths and identity. Yet here we are. But it's not just sp; Bannerlord mp's design to have 6v6 game modes with rigid pre-made classes, multiple spawns per round, and classes that fluctuate wildly in their roles, function, and effectiveness is just another example of the problem. They tried to turn Bannerlord mp into the next Overwatch or MOBA, and look how that turned out.

Industry copy-cattery really put a stake through the heart of this game, and the blame falls solely on the higher-ups and decision makers at Taleworlds, who abandoned their own creative strengths in order to implement the features of other trendy games in a half-baked fashion.

TW advertised this feature before the release. So they shorten the how the times flows in Calradia for that feature to be relevant for players. But what other thing they can shorten? Is this fast paced battles agenda pushed by TW over 2 years for the dynasty feature to be relevant which is mostly not used by the players?
They could add some random/semi-random interactions with the children whenever you visit them. Maybe add in slight bonus points or a way to influence their personality.
Of course it is a wasted/unnecessary feature. I always said this years ago, this game is action/rpg game; not a grand strategy game.
I remember back when people roasted Callum for saying this.

As an update, enable player deaths in battle. So long as you're a crazed SOB willing to go in, your odds of having to choose a successor go up a good bit in the early game. Makes the feature actually worth something.

Now if only they'd make companions earn a reasonable amount of skill points so that you don't have to pick your 24 year old kid who's fought in 50 battles and yet has only 30 polearm skill.

Back
Top Bottom