Is the campaign battle AI EXACTLY the same as warbands?

Users who are viewing this thread

Buzzard4321

Recruit
I have had 2 occasions in 12 hours were something out of the norm happened and they formed a circle around a defending caravan, other than that... Charge Charge Charge. Outnumbered 3 to 1? Charge. Have 50 bowmen 20 infantry? Charge. Have 5 men on horseback? Charge and suicide all the nobles. Like seriously Ive seen some glimpses of hope in the custom battles but is anybody else seeing anything good out of the campaign battles?

I have had AI use a pincer attack on m multiple times to great effect.

I think it really depends on the amount of troops they have to be honest. because a small band of troops can't really perform many tactics other than form a loose line.

do you know the rough numbers on your side and theres by any chance? Thats very good news though, Wish I could just get the enemy to hold fast when outnumbered

I have had 2 occasions in 12 hours were something out of the norm happened and they formed a circle around a defending caravan, other than that... Charge Charge Charge. Outnumbered 3 to 1? Charge. Have 50 bowmen 20 infantry? Charge. Have 5 men on horseback? Charge and suicide all the nobles. Like seriously Ive seen some glimpses of hope in the custom battles but is anybody else seeing anything good out of the campaign battles?
Bandits all just charge, like they always do like the unwashed masses they are, but not a single actual noble (Again, actual noble, not the minor factions) has charged at me, instead they take 69 years to slowly advance towards me

Do you not get the noble cavarly commit suicide though? Ive had lots of lord fights and their cav just charges at my archers who kill all of them. Might make sense if they had 50+ cav but its just 5-10 cav running accross open field at the start of every single fight for me

Looters charge all time but I attacked some horse bandits, they used their speed/maneuver and advantages (I didn't have any cavalry just inf and archers). They were 6 but they killed 15 of my men, Realistic mode.

It really depends, lords usually use different tactics, and whenever they dont want to fight you they will stay where they spawned, take a defensive formation and wait for you.

Back
Top Bottom