Is that possible for battlesize to exceed 1000?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hm, just wondering, why would anybody want more than 1000. It's already uncontrollable mess and way more than imo is needed for a game like this.

Hm, just wondering, why would anybody want more than 1000. It's already uncontrollable mess and way more than imo is needed for a game like this.
Maybe people just like to play with larger battles... which is why there was a battle size mod for Warband. Even if we have 1000 people will still want larger battles.

And they're not an uncontrollable mess lol, it's a little wonky to command but doable.

Maybe people just like to play with larger battles... which is why there was a battle size mod for Warband. Even if we have 1000 people will still want larger battles.

And they're not an uncontrollable mess lol, it's a little wonky to command but doable.

Even small scale battles are a mess because of the lacking game mechanics atm, but suit yourself. Maybe if they actually fix the unit collisions and few other problems about the battles, it could actually make sense to have more than 1000.

i have no issues with 1,000 troop battles. would like to be able to adjust this cap openly with a warning trigger "if u exceed 1,000 troops your game may crash" etc...

Even small scale battles are a mess because of the lacking game mechanics atm, but suit yourself. Maybe if they actually fix the unit collisions and few other problems about the battles, it could actually make sense to have more than 1000.

already a mod to fix collisions that helps a lot, taleworlds will surely get to this.

I mean I don't have the problems you seem to be having, my guy. I actually use formations and tactics to flank around the enemy instead of just creating a wall of meat in front of my archers.

Doesn't cause me any issues.

well, I'd like to say they are not uncontrollable mess.
In a 500vs500(1000 in total) battlefield, tactics can not do much in case of wining the fight. For example, your infantry form 50*3 line, your archers form 50*3 lines, and you have 50 calvary on both side, plus some horse archers, then you have almost no reserve force or mobile force

I mean I don't have the problems you seem to be having, my guy. I actually use formations and tactics to flank around the enemy instead of just creating a wall of meat in front of my archers.

Doesn't cause me any issues.

You don't clearly know what i'm talking about. What's even the fun in 500 v 500 fights because they are over in few minutes? You think it's supposed to be working that way?

You don't clearly know what i'm talking about. What's even the fun in 500 v 500 fights because they are over in few minutes? You think it's supposed to be working that way?
I actually do know what you're talking about and I seem to find no issue with it because, from my over 200+ hours in Bannerlord already I have NEVER run into a mess of a battle with large armies. And my battles last as long as they need to last, 'til the last man in the enemy force breaks or dies.

Try actually using formations and leading your men next time.

I actually do know what you're talking about and I seem to find no issue with it because, from my over 200+ hours in Bannerlord already I have NEVER run into a mess of a battle with large armies. And my battles last as long as they need to last, 'til the last man in the enemy force breaks or dies.

Try actually using formations and leading your men next time.

Oh man it's useless to try reason with some people. What's the point of infantry formations if they melt together and die in minutes or less than that? Cavalry just slides through infantry like butter. It's just not fun for me.

Yes I'd like to see it after the a.i is fixed a bit, morale is a bit better(right now troops run and retreat too fast) and I'd like to see a little more complexity from the a.i as well.

It would be cool to see some 700 v 700 etc with proper stats and functioning a.i

You have to check how they did battle simulator for actual beta. Script was for up to 2047 units. It on YT. So more than 1000v1000 and was working fine.

I tried Warband approaches (editing config script), but that does not work for bannerlord. Any alternative approaches? Or mod?

I dont think the game engine is able to handle larger than that hence the setting. I tried 1000 players and while i ran around 30-40 FPS, I found alot of the maps were not designed for that many troops to be on field. Especially the village maps. What a mess

I dont think the game engine is able to handle larger than that hence the setting. I tried 1000 players and while i ran around 30-40 FPS, I found alot of the maps were not designed for that many troops to be on field. Especially the village maps. What a mess
Well I think it can. Engine itself is stronger, but 1000 troop limit is probably for the best experience.I wouldn't be surprised if some mods in the future could handle 2000+ on this engine. Of course you would need a beast of a PC. Open field maps is big enough IMO, village and sieges on the other hand are not...

Oh man it's useless to try reason with some people. What's the point of infantry formations if they melt together and die in minutes or less than that? Cavalry just slides through infantry like butter. It's just not fun for me.
I'm sorry you feel that way? What I'm telling you is that the issue you're having is not the one I'm having. For whatever reason your troops are running into issues like that. So why not try telling them to stand apart more? There is a command for that.

I don't have any problem with large battles and I don't have issues with men running into each other, etc. I primarily use the Skein formation anyways to cover my Archers before I force them to advance and all my battles seem fine.

But anyways, I've yet to run into issues with 1000 NPCs on my screen. Maybe the frames that will dip down to 40-50ish for me but that's about it. (On max settings) I don't see why having more units in battle would be an issue in the long-term, if a mod provides for it. The game isn't even completely optimized yet and I can already run massive engagements without many issues.

Back
Top Bottom