SP - World Map Is real-world inspired repositioning on a large scale worth a map revision?

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, at least you could elaborate a little more; here we are simply sharing ideas.
giphy_bob_ross.gif
Oh ok.

A little bump to the subject.

Based on everything we have discussed, I would like to add the following feedback based on the expo image:

EditedOriginal
z13aD.jpg
y2Tk6.jpg

There are some areas of the map where the orography looks artificial and others that are realistic. I really like the whole area on the right side of the map (khuzait area), the top (sturgia area) and the bottom left (nobody's area). These zones have a plausible orography.

On the other hand, in practically all the central part, let's say that the artificiality is too vibrant. For this I would like to suggest a revision under the pretext that "in EA everything is subject to change" and that cities like Sargoth are badly situated (I understand that this will be corrected in the near future).

To do this (and taking into account all the feedback from this thread; bottlenecks, roads, etc) I have arranged a height map for the mountain mass (divided into two slopes) and I have altered some river routes (eliminating Vlandian and Battania lakes which are not credible and are useless to have them there)

I would like to equate the orographical set of the khuzait area (far right / which makes sense) to all the other mountain ranges in the central part as far as elevation is concerned ( elevations not biomes). The "unedited" areas would be left as they are (in my eyes are fine).

I would also be interested in bringing it closer to the original warband map. From touching up the river that flows into Sargoth or the one that passes through "the old" Jelkala to the vlandian/swadian plains.Also I believe that all the battanian zone is excessively high, it would be interesting to arrange all a massif or mountain range along the map (delimited in image) which watershed to both slopes by means of the river flow.

@cuce may want to comment on this or simply take it into consideration :fruity:

I would like to add to my previous comment a little more feedback and following the line of @Chiya. This time and based on what I said before, I bring an edited global map. In it I wanted to bring the shapes and terrain distribution of Warband merged with the new one. Also, I have delimited zones by colors to show a basic map of biomes of how (imo) interpret the map; if you search in google the examples of biomes (Cantabrian, iceland, tundra, etc...) you will have a quick idea of the conceptual form.
On the map I have also arranged the settlements based on the always useful @Vesper_ map.
Finally, I would like to encourage @Rhyuus to mark on the edited map the roads. Interesting bottlenecks have formed :fruity:

EditedOriginal
frMzw.jpg
y2Tk6.jpg
SettlementsBiome Map
kJLQA.jpg
r7K1J.jpg
North AfricanUadi Rum
e2bd93b9595e498736fb578a545f77e6.jpg
viaje-jordania-desierto-wadi-rum.jpg
Coastal MediterraneaEurasian Steppe
menorca.jpg
Kazakh-Steppe-2.png
Hindo KushUrals
IMG_0933.jpg
ca982693f9b1fd423b06e43715423a82.png
Siberian TundraCarpathian
3720827_orig.jpg
rsz_dsc09790_pr_a-min-960x500.jpg
CantabrianBurgundy Plains
CB9201CA-7FC1-02B4-AF81-956F308E2BFA.jpg
DSC00914.jpg
Ireland CliffsScotland Cliffs
cliffs-of-moher-tour-from-cork-copyright-paddywagon-tours_17122019030841.jpg
o7ezimd56xtutzqyl39a.jpg
IcelandScandinavian
download-8-1-1620x795.jpeg
fjords-what-is-a-fjord-1-2000x1200.jpg
Brittany
0bde5ea79404f62d1c1b75690f085502dfb1a1a4971ff5684340bc0a.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to add to my previous comment a little more feedback and following the line of @Chiya. This time and based on what I said before, I bring an edited global map. In it I wanted to bring the shapes and terrain distribution of Warband merged with the new one. Also, I have delimited zones by colors to show a basic map of biomes of how (imo) interpret the map; if you search in google the examples of biomes (Cantabrian, iceland, tundra, etc...) you will have a quick idea of the conceptual form.
On the map I have also arranged the settlements based on the always useful @Vesper_ map.
Finally, I would like to encourage @Rhyuus to mark on the edited map the roads. Interesting bottlenecks have formed :fruity:

EditedOriginal
frMzw.jpg
y2Tk6.jpg
SettlementsBiome Map
kJLQA.jpg
r7K1J.jpg
Looks very good, reminds me of the good old days of warband, wish that @cuce took notes from this. (y)

As Rhyuus is missing in action :lol: , I have arranged as a sketch the hypothetical road network based on the modified map. Also, and extending the feedback provided concerning the biomes in my previous comment, I have drawn a sketch containing lateral side views of the modified orography as a whole (for a better understandig of the modified map).

fNbvM.jpg
l8Hu-.jpg

@Terco_Viejo

Aren't you forgetitng the Byzantines (Imperials)?

By the way, good job... I just hoped it would be more clear which is which on vanilla game... But, I guess makes sense at least for Vlandia ( Earlier Frankish Kingdom, the beggining of the Robertians, Capetians, dynasty) and the Imperials ( SInce in real world sense Romans didn't see West and East being different cultures, simply different Courts and the Augustus in West and Co-Augustu in the East, but the entire world was Roman)

@Terco_Viejo

Aren't you forgetitng the Byzantines (Imperials)?

By the way, good job... I just hoped it would be more clear which is which on vanilla game... But, I guess makes sense at least for Vlandia ( Earlier Frankish Kingdom, the beggining of the Robertians, Capetians, dynasty) and the Imperials ( SInce in real world sense Romans didn't see West and East being different cultures, simply different Courts and the Augustus in West and Co-Augustu in the East, but the entire world was Roman)

Thank you for the kind words, however I do not understand your comment. What is the relationship between what you are talking about and the subject matter of this thread?

You posted on real world culture based on Calradia Map... But you forgot the Imperials (Romans/Byzantines)
WfLObvJ.gif

But let's see, I still don't understand. I haven't made that reference; all we are talking about here is roads, biomes and changes in the geography of Calradia. Anyway, let's leave it at that because we are going to get more entangled :lol:

-----

On the other hand I've been fiddling (playing with it rather) a bit more with the map. I know that there is still a lot to fix in Bannerlord; however, many people long for the naval combat and navigation mechanics. It is known (as Armagan stated) that this feature will be part of an expansion for Bannerlord (dlc) in which presumably there will be a reference to the Nords' invasion.
In an ambitious effort and ignoring the obvious technical difficulties of such a project; I have imagined the hypothetical map for Mount & Blade II Bannerlord : Beyond Overseas.
In it, are added the locations of which we were told in Warband and that plausibly would fit in this "prequel".

-oLwf.jpg

The Warband lore tell us:

Geroia: Beyond the Khergit lands.
Balion: Beyond the western ocean
Lotki: Beyond the western ocean
Jumne: Beyond the north sea, also known as Nordland
Charnye Vaegir Homeland : East of Vaegir territory
Siri: Beyond the territory of the Sarranids, south of Calradia

Last edited:
WfLObvJ.gif

But let's see, I still don't understand. I haven't made that reference; all we are talking about here is roads, biomes and changes in the geography of Calradia. Anyway, let's leave it at that because we are going to get more entangled :lol:

-----

On the other hand I've been fiddling (playing with it rather) a bit more with the map. I know that there is still a lot to fix in Bannerlord; however, many people long for the naval combat and navigation mechanics. It is known (as Armagan stated) that this feature will be part of an expansion for Bannerlord (dlc) in which presumably there will be a reference to the Nords' invasion.
In an ambitious effort and ignoring the obvious technical difficulties of such a project; I have imagined the hypothetical map for Mount & Blade II Bannerlord : Beyond Overseas.
In it, are added the locations of which we were told in Warband and that plausibly would fit in this "prequel".

-oLwf.jpg

The Warband lore tell us:

Geroia: Beyond the Khergit lands.
Balion: Beyond the western ocean
Lotki: Beyond the western ocean
Jumne: Beyond the north sea, also known as Nordland
Charnye Vaegir Homeland : East of Vaegir territory
Siri: Beyond the territory of the Sarranids, south of Calradia
Thats what i want to see but needs more details any spaces or thoughts about Finland?but its realy good.Your realy pro.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom