Is playing as merchant still viable?

Can one still effectively play as factionless merchant, or are you bound for economic ruin?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Wehveechen

Regular
Hello folks who already tried the new patch changes. The notes looked a bit like doomsday for players trying to go for merchant types of characters with workshops and caravans getting nerfed. Is it as bad as it sounds and the peaceful factionless and fiefless playstyle is, de facto, impossible or do you think it's still possible to get a fun way of playing out of this now?
(On a related note, I am still smad you can't really do anything with smithing because you're better off selling everything you get from looters and forest bandits if you want profit.)

By the way:

I am selling horses for like 50K in a row, and i gain like 2-3 times morey money then i spend. But for some reason my trading is still 19.

By the way:

I am selling horses for like 50K in a row, and i gain like 2-3 times morey money then i spend. But for some reason my trading is still 19.
Yeap. The trading skill seems to only be affected by caravans because I only started gaining skill points after making one. However, after the recent patch...

By the way:

I never tried trading horses.

If you sell "trading goods" like food, clay, wood, iron, wool, linen etc then it should level you. I am way above 100 in trading skill doing this.

Back
Top Bottom