Is 'Oathbound' OK with the current version of 0.27.2?

Users who are viewing this thread

I've heard that the 'Oathbound' feature is a problem. Can I play without any problems if the player doesn't use it? Or do other npcs, regardless of the player, cause problems?

it seems the test version is broken, and I am not sure if the other ones can be run properly.
I've tried the 0.3 something, and it crashed almost instantly after completing the introduction with the merchant even with WSE for 1.174

Dead mods are quite revolting if you ask me, but then again we can't demand anything neither... What's more infuriating about this is that the mod was never properly released, it never left the test phase so it's kind of pointless even trying to play it. Sad part is that at some point, years ago, I've helped a bit with the development, to see nothing coming to fruition makes me blue

Mod is very much playable and richer with features and more complete than most mods, with base 0.27.1 version of the game, patched to 0.27.2. Make sure to download WSE from the Silverstag Nexus page, because that is the WSE 3.2.0 version which you need to run Silverstag, later versions of WSE doesn't work with the mod. Put WSE 3.2.0 in the Modules folder and run WSELoader.exe in order to get the Warband client running, select Silverstag and you're good to go.

The only major issues in my opinion is some imbalance in troop trees (which I've made some edits for myself to fix most of the most glaring issues), aswell as impractical weapons and some red error text that can appear moderatly often in tournaments and clog up your whole screen, and rarely in field battles/sieges.

It is unfortunate that the development was abandoned because this is in my opinion the best mod for Warband, but it is also understandable due to Taleworlds complete incompetence when it comes to communicating with its community, by the time the mod project was abandoned, people didn't know whether Bannerlord would be released in one month, in one year or not until another five years. Zero communication during the development of a sequel leads to the modding scene of the current game to grind to a halt. Why is this not the case with Skyrim? Because Bethesda properly communicates with their community that the next installment in the Elder Scrolls series won't be out for many more years, atleast 2-3 more.

Back
Top Bottom