Is Mythology the turth disguised as a Tale? or a Tale to disguise a Turth?

Users who are viewing this thread

why shouldn't the oral history be that old?

we know that Neanderthals were capable of artistic representations of animals and people as well as crafting jewellery from bone.

scans of Neanderthal skulls and DNA sampling has revealed that they had the "potential" for speach.

humans and other hominids co-existed for millenia. some of the heroic legends could date back to when there really were other species that had different physical characteristics or possessed great strength.

I'm not saying that this is how it happened but it's an interesting hypothesis :wink:

Urlik said:

I should have been a bit more clear there. What I meant was that it is incredibly unlikely or perhaps even impossible for a piece of information to be preserved that long in any recognizable interpretation.
The track record for recorded history in the past 2000 years hasn't been that stellar, even if one were to assume that oral tradition is better than written, hewn, painted, or digitized traditions, it still has to at the very least go up against a time span eight times longer then the oldest of the other traditions. I think I can safely say, that accuracy would probably be out the window, and whether a piece of information can survive that long in any recognizable interpretation is another. 20,000 years is a very long time, frankly, we at this era can barely piece together what happened 10,000 years ago with any reasonable degree of accuracy. What chance does someone from 0 BCE have of receiving a story about what happened 20,000 years ago?

depends on whether there are external influences that attempt to lay newer traditions over the top

and I didn't say they would be unchanged, I just wondered if the grains of truth are a lot older than we could possibly imagine, for some of the heroic legends and, like everything else, they've been eroded over time so that the Heroic deeds are remembered and embellished (which makes those parts more memorable) while background details are worn away.

Urlik said:
maybe not.
the tales of other races could be references to neolithic tales of early man co-existing with neanderthals and other early hominids that didn't make it through the evolutionary cut.
Possibly so, but unless Neanderthals were capable of annihilating entire armies merely by looking at them with a single red eye I think we can safely say it's bollocks. Similarly, I doubt very many managed to cross the whole of Ireland in a single bound too. Besides which the mythic cycle dates itself to the early Celtic settlement of Ireland, and not a few millenia before. They did include dates you know.

Urlik said:
Well for a start the Celts haven't been in Ireland 20 000 years, and for a second Neanderthals shared the planet with homo sapiens, not homo sapiens sapiens, which is what we are. We don't even know if our evolutionary fore-runners had a language with which an oral tradition could be preserved, let alone the likelihood of anyone carrying it for the requisite length of time.

kweassa said:
Buddha was a Turk?

Thanks for reminding me this. Things keep getting clearer.
That is a known fact. Indians called Buddha "Sakyamuni" and Turkic God (or God of Turks).

Indians called the Turks white snakes (Nagas) These Nagas came from North and taught Indians about how to plow the land. Their country was called Shambhu and Shambhka by the Indians. (it means Glowing Castle or High Castle in Turkic languages) If you read the ancient book “Mahabharata”, you'll see that it talks a lot about how these people came to India, created a new spiritual philosophy. It tells us about Nagas and their mystical country in the North.

The famous Indian horsemen are also seen first in history when these Altaic people came to India. these people are Scythians, thus they are Turkic.

It's also known that Tibetans, Mongolians and Buryats tells us that roots of Lamaism belongs to Turks and Lamaism is derived from Tengrism.

http://mb-soft.com/believe/txo/lamaism.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tibetan_Buddhism
http://skyturkvngenc.wordpress.com/2009/08/12/ari-irk-ustunlugu-uzerine-kurulan-somurgeci-tarih-2/

I find your lack of common sense disturbing.  Despite whatever farfetched linguistical "evidence" you come up with you have yet to explain how Odin, Buddha, Zeus, and other well spread out dieties from different cultures somehow all decided to base all their religious ideas from a bunch of tribesmen near mongolia.  Hell the Greeks never met anyone that far into asia during that time period! If you use your brain it doesn't make any sense.

Berserker Pride said:
I find your lack of common sense disturbing.  Despite whatever farfetched linguistical "evidence" you come up with you have yet to explain how Odin, Buddha, Zeus, and other well spread out dieties from different cultures somehow all decided to base all their religious ideas from a bunch of tribesmen near mongolia.  Hell the Greeks never met anyone that far into asia during that time period! If you use your brain it doesn't make any sense.

Add Native American to that list.
I'm trying to link mythology to Tengrism because that's the right thing to do.

It's not just me. it was a Swedish historian that said Odin was a Turk, it is Mahabharata that links Buddha to Turks.

Hell the native americans might be the ones you could actually be right about.  At least the turkish ancestors lived in roughly the right region to cross the land bridge.

Berserker Pride said:
Hell the native americans might be the ones you could actually be right about.  At least the turkish ancestors lived in roughly the right region to cross the land bridge.

You are mistaken. All of Middle Asia was and is Turkic.

ancalimon said:
kweassa said:
Buddha was a Turk?

Thanks for reminding me this. Things keep getting clearer.
That is a known fact. Indians called Buddha "Sakyamuni" and Turkic God (or God of Turks).

Indians called the Turks white snakes (Nagas) These Nagas came from North and taught Indians about how to plow the land. Their country was called Shambhu and Shambhka by the Indians. (it means Glowing Castle or High Castle in Turkic languages) If you read the ancient book “Mahabharata”, you'll see that it talks a lot about how these people came to India, created a new spiritual philosophy. It tells us about Nagas and their mystical country in the North.

The famous Indian horsemen are also seen first in history when these Altaic people came to India. these people are Scythians, thus they are Turkic.

It's also known that Tibetans, Mongolians and Buryats tells us that roots of Lamaism belongs to Turks and Lamaism is derived from Tengrism.

http://mb-soft.com/believe/txo/lamaism.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tibetan_Buddhism
http://skyturkvngenc.wordpress.com/2009/08/12/ari-irk-ustunlugu-uzerine-kurulan-somurgeci-tarih-2/
Umm everything you state above is false.

Your use of the word "Turk" is different than  it's common usage today. Thats the only way this could make any sense. And even then, its BS.

The analysis your copy-pasting are very VEEERY shallow, heck I could make it. Spanish say "ola", "o" means he/she in Turkish, so there you go. Spanish are of Turkish origin.
(and then comes the made up history)
Years ago, nationalist Greek tyrants, knowing a copule thousand years late the state of Turkey would create problems to them, decided to divide these naive people to other nations.

There is also a gene that makes you Turkish...a Turk's blood is the same everywhere. A Kazak is completely identical with a villager from Aydın, and that guy is completely identical with a Kypchak from Azerbeycan....hey, no Indians or Swedes or Finns could understand that I'm not a foreigner as well.

---
Seriosuly dude, too much lack of common sense, too much fantastic authors even before you read the "respected" ones. I could understand if you were making some sort of synthesis with your background...but that is not the case. Apparently, you jumped into BS information just like that...and they have became your facts.
And the most annoying thing is the, shallow approach those articles have on humanity. Things are too black and white. Its actually funny.  :lol:

Agent Griff said:
For ****'s sake man, this is starting to feel like Battlestar Galactica.

Is everyone a Turk deep down? :razz:

are you a fearless warrior and did Stalin eat your babies? If yes, you are a Turk...also do you use the word "a"...that would mean you are from the same tribe with me.

Agent Griff said:
For ****'s sake man, this is starting to feel like Battlestar Galactica.

Is everyone a Turk deep down? :razz:
Basically yes.
Life didn't originate in Africa but in Asia.
Turks went to Africa, Americas and Europa, taking their civilization with them. Greeks, Etruscans, Native Americans, Atlantians; every goddamn people out there, is of Turkic origin.
Turks had so much influence on other people (other turks) that even their gods are actually real Turks.
Turks invented writing as its seen in all other languages.

but, imperialist powers who are jeolus of our awesomeness  are trying to fool us...because if only world accepted that Scythians were Turks, life would be awesome and we would **** flowers.

Brave Turkish warriors.

minytr.jpg

262021ekrem.jpg

5951pehlivan.jpg

ancalimon said:
Wow, you mean when Indians were writing in Sanskrit several million years before either the Roman alphabet or Turkic language existed, they configured the language in such a way that it would tally completely with these future inventions? Was that another Turkic influence, or are you just full of bull****?
Sakyamuni is also not a title for a god, it literally means "Sage of the Sakya", and is two words in sanskrit. Of course, the really funny part is the Mahabharata is a work of Hinduism, not Buddhism, and was written around 400 BC although had probably existed for a little longer, and purports to record events taking place in the tenth century BC. Given Turks didn't exist until around 300 AD, it would be a bit of a stretch to have them wandering into India in 1000 BC. Furthermore, there's no mention of Naga's, instead being the story of Ajun and his struggle for the throne against his own family. Though largely concerned with the divinity of Rama and Krisna.

Right. I'm off to commune with my inner Turk. I'm sure I left him around here somewhere.

I don't mind a bit of trolling now and then, but at least put some effort in to make it good :???:, or make it in such a way that Poe's law cannot be invoked :Þ.

Back
Top Bottom