Is Mythology the turth disguised as a Tale? or a Tale to disguise a Turth?

Users who are viewing this thread

ancalimon said:
(I don't agree with everything this guy talks about like many of his "anagrams", but I definitely agree with some. He seems to have some knowledge about tamgas, but I "can't" see any logic behind many of his analysis)

Let me teach you a very important thing about Internet and logic.

Before we had Internet, we used to own computers named Amiga and used modems to connect to BBS's. We started sharing information using BBS's and everybody knew that sharing information didn't mean sharing your own ideas. We simply used it to allow other people to reach knowledge regardless of our own ideas.

When a guy shares something on the Internet, it doesn't necessarily mean he is trying to make people accept his train of thought. It also doesn't necessarily mean he accepts the thing he is sharing.

As you can clearly see from my first post, I disagree with this guy.

Come back when you gain some logic.

Kleidophoros said:
Then why teh **** are you posting all that gibberish and lies here?

This guy isn't trying to lie about Zeus. He simply is trying explain something which can not be really explained using his own ways. You may not accept his explanation. I don't.

Calm down and relax  :roll:

No he is using all that gibberish and lies to prove something

As most words of the so-called "Greek" language are artificially
manufactured from Turkish words and phrases,
He has an agenda which you both share.

I remember your posts about Zeus=Oğuz Kağan and A TH O actually being Turkish.

No mister, you were not taken seriously before but you still want to post your **** here so now you are trying to conceal it with

Before  we had Internet, we used to own computers named Amiga and used modems  to connect to BBS's. We started sharing information using BBS's and  everybody knew that sharing information didn't mean sharing your own  ideas. We simply used it to allow other people to reach knowledge  regardless of our own ideas.

When a guy shares something on the  Internet, it doesn't necessarily mean he is trying to make people  accept his train of thought. It also doesn't necessarily mean he  accepts the thing he is sharing.

So yeah, **** off and take your lies with you.

Kleidophoros said:
No he is using all that gibberish and lies to prove something

As most words of the so-called "Greek" language are artificially
manufactured from Turkish words and phrases,
He has an agenda which you both share.

I remember your posts about Zeus=Oğuz Kağan and A TH O actually being Turkish.

No mister, you were not taken seriously before but you still want to post your **** here so now you are trying to conceal it with

Before  we had Internet, we used to own computers named Amiga and used modems  to connect to BBS's. We started sharing information using BBS's and  everybody knew that sharing information didn't mean sharing your own  ideas. We simply used it to allow other people to reach knowledge  regardless of our own ideas.

When a guy shares something on the  Internet, it doesn't necessarily mean he is trying to make people  accept his train of thought. It also doesn't necessarily mean he  accepts the thing he is sharing.

So yeah, **** off and take your lies with you.

I didn't say Zeus=Oğuz Kağan.  Some other guy said it when trying to make fun of me.

ancalimon said:
I don't agree with everything this guy talks about like many of his "anagrams", but I definitely agree with some. He seems to have some knowledge about tamgas, but I "can't" see any logic behind many of his analysis
ancalimon said:
I would hardly say disagreement is your overall attitude towards that ****.

Besides, this is not "THE INTERNETZ". This is a forum of a gaming company, it just works over internet environment but it doesnt necessarily mean you can do every **** you are able to do on internet. This is not a databank, if you post stupid crap in an intellectual discussion environment you'll be frowned upon. Doing that just to state that you dont believe in them wont change the situation, we dont wanna know every stupid crap you do or do not believe.

ancalimon said:
(I don't agree with everything this guy talks about like many of his "anagrams", but I definitely agree with some. He seems to have some knowledge about tamgas, but I "can't" see any logic behind many of his analysis)

Let me teach you an important lesson about English. If you state you are in a partial state of agreement you cannot then claim to be in complete disagreement, as that is what we call a "contradiction".

Please don't come back.

Actually, I think you'll find that the Turks are closely related to the Big Bang, and may have even invented it, and thus, by extension, the world. So this is really another example of the truth disguised as a tale, because Zeus must be the mythological analog for the Turkish creation of the universe.

Mythology might sometimes be derived from true stories. But as soon as it's called 'myth-ology', there ain't much truth to be found anymore.

@OP: yeah, well, not gonna read that. Too much text.

Mythology isn't truth disguised as a tale. Mythology was made by people who didn't have any better explanation (IE: the wind is blowing. A tribe doesn't know it's caused by physics, high pressure moving to low pressure, etc., so what do they attribute it to? God of the Wind.)

one thing needs clearing up

the difference between creation myths and heroic myths.

creation myths are an ananthropomorphism of natural phenomena.
this can be seen by the similarity betwen the Gods' personality in comparison to the climate and geography of the area that spawned them.

there are Gods for everything that happens and they couldn't come from anywhere else.

Thor and Odin could never have originated in Egypt or Greece but they look right in place in North West Europe.
the Gods are obviously a product of the culture that created and worshipped them.

on the other hand, Heroic myth quite often has a real event behind it.

from research of local parish records, in the Yorkshire and Nottingham areas, several candidates have turned up who could have been the inspiration for Robin Hood.
there is even a John Littel who was also an outlaw at the same time as 1 of these possible Robin Hoods.
at the time of this particular combination, the Sheriff of Nottingham was also Sheriff to parts of yorkshire, where our Robin and Little John live, and in the Yorkshire area he was known as The Sheriff of Nottingham.
it also happens that under Nottingham's Galleries of Justice, they found an oubliette. this is intersting because he Robin Hood of legend was rescued from an oublitte in one of the legends.
this doesn't mean that all the stories are true, but it does show that there is a good possibility of a factual basis behind those legends.

Trevty1995 said:
What about a lot of early Irish mythology (It's the first example that came to mind, sorry)?  They've found that there pieces of truth in tales of powerful kings.
That's because a lot of it is based on history, however embellished, propagandised and generally fooked around with, partially to make it interesting and partially because the people responsible for remembering it made their living on how interesting they could make the tale rather than how accurate it was. In the Irish cycle for example the Tuatha Dé Danann are probably a reference to the pre-Celtic inhabitants who were displaced by the Celts. Tales of various magic practices, fae and similar associated to them are obviously bollocks, but we can take general facts from it - The pre-Celt inhabitants are responsible for the burial mounds; they were eventually forced into a specific area and ultimately either vanished or integrated with the Celt invaders.
Same applies to the Greeks; Athena springing from Zeus' forehead is probably an allusion to the worship of Athena arising in former strongholds of the cult of Zeus for example, and Zeus' slaying or imprisonment of the Titans similarly the displacement of an older religion by that of Zeus. 

Archonsod said:
Tales of various magic practices, fae and similar associated to them are obviously bollocks.

maybe not.
the tales of other races could be references to neolithic tales of early man co-existing with neanderthals and other early hominids that didn't make it through the evolutionary cut.

there is archaeological evidence of neanderthals trading all over Europe at the same time that our ancestors were there (and it was Neanderthals that were the first to shape flints, according to the evidence found so far)

Although that is possible, the neanderthals went extinct a long while ago. 20,000 years would be a conservative estimate, the oral history would have to be at least that old, which seems kinda unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom