Is MBrepository dead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lewis7408

Sergeant at Arms
I'm working my own module so hard these month, and I notice MBrepository become connection timed out at least a week.
So, is website dead or just in maintenance?
Because I really want Dariel's indo-persian armor pack. Hope anyone has the copy file, thanks.

That is the old version. The newest version seems only upload in MBrepository. But thanks for your reply.

That would be a great loss if files uploaded after the transfer to Nexus had not been backed up. Hopefully the website's archive of files updated after the transfer will be salvaged.

@Janus, have you been in charge of the site? Is there a chance we can recover its content if it is not present anywhere else?

Unfortunately, the server was shut down. As many of you may know, TW have handled hosting for the server for many years now. Apparently the devs have recently gone on a pass through a lot of their old servers they no longer use and either repurposed or shut down a bunch of them, and somehow the Repository server accidentally got caught up in that and was shut down.
Also unfortunately I haven't been keeping updated backups of the Repository site for the past few years. My last backup is from 2017, I think. Of course, the site has been locked down since the Nexus transfer and not allowing new uploads, only updates for existing file listings, so there has been very little activity since that time. Honestly it was probably about time to close it down anyway, I just wish it had been possible to handle closure of the site better, like giving advanced notice.

I need to go ahead and redirect the domain (which I own) and put up an announcement page for it to let people know it is indeed permanently shut down, so it's not just giving a connection error, I just haven't done it yet.

EDIT:
An announcement page for it is now up on a hosting account I own, so the website now shows that instead of a connection error.

Last edited:
Thanks for noticing. Smaller size files still can download with the Wayback Machine. But large size file like Indo-Persian Pack updating in 2021 seems will dead forever, except developers still have the copy.

This is so sad to know what was happening, like notice the old game is dead slowly. Very thanks all of developers and administrators in MBrepository.

Yes, indeed, that is like a sign of impending death of the pre-Bannerlord modding community. A great piece of M&B engine games' history, going down after 17 years or so. It is a pity the warning announcement about the upcoming shutdown date was not posted, otherwise we would have salvaged files updated after the transfer to Nexus.

I hope the idiot shutting it down without noticing anyone else is at least going to apologize. What the heck? I have dozens of bookmarks for the repository and it was the only option for those who want to download the resources without having to create an account on ****ing Nexus mods.
Not to forget all the download links which need to get updated now, uff.

Unfortunately, the server was shut down. As many of you may know, TW have handled hosting for the server for many years now. Apparently the devs have recently gone on a pass through a lot of their old servers they no longer use and either repurposed or shut down a bunch of them, and somehow the Repository server accidentally got caught up in that and was shut down.
Also unfortunately I haven't been keeping updated backups of the Repository site for the past few years. My last backup is from 2017, I think. Of course, the site has been locked down since the Nexus transfer and not allowing new uploads, only updates for existing file listings, so there has been very little activity since that time. Honestly it was probably about time to close it down anyway, I just wish it had been possible to handle closure of the site better, like giving advanced notice.

I need to go ahead and redirect the domain (which I own) and put up an announcement page for it to let people know it is indeed permanently shut down, so it's not just giving a connection error, I just haven't done it yet.

EDIT:
An announcement page for it is now up on a hosting account I own, so the website now shows that instead of a connection error.
I genuinely thought either you or the Nexus was playing host all this time. We should petition this day become an official day of mourning for the modding community as a whole.

Do you think TW would possibly have any recent backups? It sucks to lose such a big part of our history. Especially since some madmen continued to update their uploads even after it became impossible to add anything new.

Do you think TW would possibly have any recent backups? It sucks to lose such a big part of our history. Especially since some madmen continued to update their uploads even after it became impossible to add anything new.
They definitely don't have backups of it.

You could count the number of file listings on one hand which actually had any updates posted over the past 5+ years, so it's absolutely been minimal activity on the site for a good long while now.

I really do wish I'd been able to shut it down after advanced notice, but it was apparently an accident/misunderstanding among a lot of other older servers they manage being cleaned up.

Updating uploads on MBRepository should have been disabled after the transfer to Nexus in 2014, to be frank. It would have spared lots of trouble...

I wish the website had been shut down with a notice in advance instead of being chaotically taken down, forever.

Does anyone know if those ancient versions of M&B/Warrider/Dazubo were moved to the Nexus?

It would be a shame to have lost those from a purely preservationist perspective.

I have taken on the task of locating them.
Dazubo
0.704, (2)
0.731, (2)
0.808, (2)
0.903, (2)
0.960, (2)

Time to back these up as well, lol.
Damn. 0.903 is a dud - no files uploaded. Anyone have a mirror to a working download? And to 0.800, while we're at it.

For 0.800, would 0.808 not work?
0.808 is actually far superior, as 0.800 had a number of bugs and a couple different features (the map was different for just that version). So it's for my own personal research that I would like to check it out. I don't think there was even a single mod for this version, as it got fixed pretty quick as I recall.

0.808 is actually far superior, as 0.800 had a number of bugs and a couple different features (the map was different for just that version). So it's for my own personal research that I would like to check it out.
The 0.808 Nexus link appears to have it.

Back
Top Bottom