Is M&B Banerlord EA the weirdest game development experience ever?

How weird this EA experience

• Super awkward, like ultimate bizarreness...

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • It is just a little bit off.. nothing special.

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Meh, been there seen that before... Could be worse.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Very much usual game dev't nowadays.

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • The greatest ever

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The optimal

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • The somewhat less optimal

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

A game has not had a bad EA development just because people want more. I am not saying that this is optimal, I voted "Meh, been there seen that before... could be wrose" but to even think that people acutally think this have been bizarre is indeed bizarre.
TW wasn´t able to deliver all promised and announced features until today. They claimed it will be around EA for around one year. A lot of the announced features that are in the game are kind of crap (playing as a bandit, wtf?). Core parts of the game are still broken (siege AI) and there is a lot of unbalanced stuff. They completly ignore the community and don´t communicate with us.

Just take this thread as ONE example:

So this is an example of a good EA game? Ok then.

TW wasn´t able to deliver all promised and announced features until today. They claimed it will be around EA for around one year. A lot of the announced features that are in the game are kind of crap (playing as a bandit, wtf?). Core parts of the game are still broken (siege AI) and there is a lot of unbalanced stuff.

So this is an example of a good EA game? Ok then.

"While we do not have a set date for a full release at this moment in time, we expect that the game will be in early access for around a year" - Steam storepage. This is not a claim but an estimate.

Yes this is mostly how EA works. Even AAA studios never deliver all their promises. The gaming industry is in a laughable state and I dont try to defend it. I am only reacting to the fact that people actually seem to think that this is bizarre.

Yes this is mostly how EA works. Even AAA studios never deliver all their promises. The gaming industry is in a laughable state and I dont try to defend it. I am only reacting to the fact that people actually seem to think that this is bizarre.
No, this is how bad EA works. The problem are guys like you (no offense) that think this is "normal" and therefore fine.

No, this is how bad EA works. The problem are guys like you (no offense) that think this is "normal" and therefore fine.
I most certainly do not think this is fine. But it is sadly normal by definition. Maybe I've become blunt after all these years. Man, how I miss the late 90's and early 2000 when games was more about quality than earning money.

I´ve followed the development since 4-5 years when I bought the game. It´s the best "realistic" and complex zombie game on the market. When they release the MP part of their newest version, it will get a huge hype (Twitch, Youtube and so on). That´s why they delayed it again and again, they don´t want to **** this up. TW already had ****ed it up with their EA release, but they also didn´t care back then or now :grin: .

So I won´t count ProjectZomboid in this category, they we´re honest in their Steam EA description, TW wasn´t (still claiming that the EA phase will be around one year and other things).
Oh, another fellow zomboid entusiast! nice :smile:
I certainly did not count zomboid to be worse... i think i wrote that more about the time it takes for anything in zomboid to happen, but when it comes, it comes blowing people's mind (the vehicles for example)

About BL, I really think they've changed the original view for the game sadly...

Oh, another fellow zomboid entusiast! nice :smile:
Oh yea, when the MP for the newest version is ready and stable this game will sky rocket. I´ve like 150 hours in it (so still a noob) but most of the time with the old versions before they switched to the 3d models. Game will be a lot of fun in MP when it´s ready.

Oh yea, when the MP for the newest version is ready and stable this game will sky rocket. I´ve like 150 hours in it (so still a noob) but most of the time with the old versions before they switched to the 3d models. Game will be a lot of fun in MP when it´s ready.
For sure, I can't wait!
I'm also a noob, I did get a little burned out last playthrough a couple of months ago though haha
I heard they are also reworking the sound system, and it seems so good

It has been some time (3 months) since I last played the game. Avoided both the game and the forum. Today I stopped by (just for a little while) and... this is still the same ol' drama. My little detox served me well but I see maybe except the interest (people abandoned forum?) it hasn't been changed a bit... I have an impression this is one of the most bizarre game development I've ever witnessed. What do you think guys?
After playing AOE4 for a while, I must say BL2 development is not that bad after all. I mean TW at least released game in EA and calls it EA. Relic released AOE4 in EA / beta state, called it full released and asked full price for it (however you can get it for "free" via xbox pass).

The weirdest I've seen is Star Citizen, where people were legitimately whaling for $100-2000 that weren't only not yet in-game, but it didn't even have a single actual in-game asset built, just concept art. And the barebones of the actual game was barely released. Oh yeah, and they kept right on selling these ships and missing key milestones, having huge overhauls of the code, adding more and more and more "incredible" features to their roadmap, etc. throughout the entire process.

DayZ was second place but by a fairly large margin.

If they've actually fixed pathfinding in sieges then this game will have finally surpassed Warband in my eyes.

I have an embarrassing 4k into Star Citizen, it went in in drips and drabs since the Kickstarter. Ah well. It is a fun game to play though, even just running around my ships is fun.

If they've actually fixed pathfinding in sieges then this game will have finally surpassed Warband in my eyes.

I have an embarrassing 4k into Star Citizen, it went in in drips and drabs since the Kickstarter. Ah well. It is a fun game to play though, even just running around my ships is fun.
Do you mean you actually paid 4K (USD or EUR) for Star Citizen?
I'm shocked... but not surprised though...

Oh, these newbies, they don't even understand that the very first part of the game was in Early Access, which was a small square with a couple of cities, and that in fact - TaleWorlds can say they invented Early Access ... eh

The weirdest I've seen is Star Citizen, where people were legitimately whaling for $100-2000 that weren't only not yet in-game, but it didn't even have a single actual in-game asset built, just concept art.

$2k is chump change. In 2018 they released a "Legatus pack" which is $35,000. It gives you pretty much every ship in the game, but at that eye-watering price you could pay 3D modellers to make them, or even buy a 1:5 scale model made of welded steel. That is 3 years of untaxed labour someone just blows instantly on an imaginary ship in an unfinished game. Absolute civilizational madness.

$2k is chump change. In 2018 they released a "Legatus pack" which is $35,000. It gives you pretty much every ship in the game, but at that eye-watering price you could pay 3D modellers to make them, or even buy a 1:5 scale model made of welded steel. That is 3 years of untaxed labour someone just blows instantly on an imaginary ship in an unfinished game. Absolute civilizational madness.
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised at all that this is such a clever way to launder money, including criminal ones.

I don't see particularly anything wrong with it. At least the devs are continuously working on stuff, unlike some other scam-level EAs that drags on for like a decade just harping on people's money consistently. **cough**starcitizen**cough**

Back
Top Bottom