Is it worth it getting original mount and blade?

Users who are viewing this thread

Crossbow Joe

Grandmaster Knight
I already have warband and thoroughly enjoy it, but is it worth getting the original just for all the very awesome mods that have come out for it? (most specifically I want warsword :grin:)

I think eventually a lot of M&B mods will be ported to Warband. However, it could take many months at least for some larger mods to be ported, especially as Taleworlds are still patching Warband, and so many modders are hesitant to start porting/modding in earnest until they are confident that they won't have to port to a newer patch of Warband. If you can find M&B cheap, then you might as well get it for the mods.

I got this game from a friend for 10$..... I had played the demo way way back and kept meaning to pre order.. ha ha. Anyway, he got it from a computer store for 20$, but that was a few years ago....

Is the original  worth it? I'd say so.... I didn't get warband as it didn't quite meet my expectations.

The only reason I even load up Warband is for the multiplayer aspect

The combat speed and combat itself and the general feeling when playing is much much better in the original. And like others have said, some of the major mods won't port across till the platform becomes more stable and patches aren't coming as quickly, as that just means they have to do more work to make their mods compatible each new patch

The depth and quality offered by original M&B mods like Native Expansion make owning the original a must. When you compare a campaign in original M&B Native Expansion to a vanilla Warband campaign, it's a no-brainer really.

I would prefer to get it in stores. I like to have the box (I have warband in retail version a rare thing in Australia where it is not sold in retail form, got it through eBay from england) I used to play original a lot but that was when I was borrowing my friends laptop and he had it installed. Instead of buying it I waited till warband was released and got that instead. But I still have my savegames from it and the mods that I never knew of back then look very promising. I have seen it around town but it was not there when I went back, I will continue my search :grin:

I'm not really sure why you would want to buy/play both, aside from the mods. You will simply find yourself missing Warband's excellent features.

If you want to get it you can, because it does have good mods. (Prophecy of Pendor) It would be a really good time to get it now since steam is selling it for 15$. (50% off original prince)  :grin:

I picked it up for $12.50 @ a EB games store, well worth it. Its rare you come across such good games at that price.

i Pre orderd mine so yeah. Orginial M&B is nice but it lacks those newer nice aspects of Warband but M&B is still well worth it with all nie mods and that old classic game feeling.

id say getting the original is worht it for all the mods available... but sometimes youll come across a mod that hasnt been updated and will have top get an earlier version...buth that isnt a problem really

Well I did end up getting original mount and blade and I must say totally worth it! :grin: though I still prefer warband and its combat system/graphics its nice taking a step back and to see all the awesome mods! thanks for your comments

Nice to see you have bought the original too. I love the original one over Warband for a singleplayer experience due to all the mods that are already released. My favorite is the WWII China mod.

Back
Top Bottom