Is it worth even trying to use artillery in a seige?

Users who are viewing this thread

So , why does castle artillery repair at twice the rate mine does? I have engineering skill of 150 and have taken all the artillery strengthening perks but it's in vain..
By the time my siege camp is set up (which is glacial) the castle/ town have at least two pieces of arty which take out my first piece immediately. Then by the time i've built my second piece they often have four pieces..it's hopeless. I some times get one of their pieces down half-way but that's it.Grrr.

As a side issue , the last siege i did before writing this (to add insult to injury) I had to press ahead with the assault and got one-shotted by the very first arty round.

Ah...thats what reserve is for! So , I can hold four pieces in reserve and then bring them forward together?
You need to queue all four of them at the same time, and then put them in reserve as soon as you build them. Once you get four, time to rumble.

If you don't queue them up together, you'll end up placing it back on field instead of ordering to build another one

Big cities I always try breaking the walls... will casuse 30-70% less deaths on your side. After you finish building a catapult move it 1 place to the left or right.
wait for the enemy to hit the empty place and then pull your catapult back to reserver otherwise it will get damaged.Best thing is to build 3 max.. so you keep 1 place for swapping ur weapons

Back
Top Bottom