Is it worth coming back to the game after two months?(SP)

Users who are viewing this thread

I just wanted to asked if the game at its current state is worth investing time on. I have been reading the patch notes and still I notice A huge amount of perks have not been implemented. Additionally, only a tiny amount of content has been added and that just doesn't make any sense since everyone is spamming about how the game is constantly being patched. I'm just a little skeptical about returning to the game since I don't see any major changes(except balancing ones) and it seems almost the same since its release on march.
Thanks for any feedback!

If you're playing it as nothing more than a battle generator, it's fine. If you expect a balanced and interesting campaign in a believable world, then it's badly in need of a lot more work before it's ready for a formal release.

A lot of mods really help the game. I can give you the mod list i use that is stable for 1.43e. I know some of these guys will screech when you mention using mods but it adds a lot of fun

To be fair the last patch did add quite a lot, succession, new campaign conversation screens, updated hideout battles. it wasn't huge but it was alot of QoL features.

To be fair the last patch did add quite a lot, succession, new campaign conversation screens, updated hideout battles. it wasn't huge but it was alot of QoL features.

Totally agree.

I just wanted to asked if the game at its current state is worth investing time on.

There are some cool things in beta 1.4.3 that were added since you noted last playing, but I would recommend waiting to come back until 1.4.3 launches on main branch. 1.4.3 is really fun when it is stable, it is better than prior iterations for sure, far more balanced. However, they are still working a lot of bugs out on this version, and hotfixes regularly introduce new issues, even with mods.

You would be even better served waiting until 1.4.4 launches on main branch. This update is expected to remove all conversation loading times by letting the player have those conversations right on the main map. It doesn't seem like much, but when you add up all that wait time, this next version is going to vastly improve the pace of the game.

Agree.

If you're playing it as nothing more than a battle generator, it's fine. If you expect a balanced and interesting campaign in a believable world, then it's badly in need of a lot more work before it's ready for a formal release.

I also do agree with this though. Early game aside (first 50 days), the game is pretty much about battle, seeling loot, sell/recruit prisioners, battle seeling loot, sell/recruit prisioners, battle, seeling loot, sell/recruit prisioners,

While I have enjoyed a lot the last patch, It is true that aside from performance and some nice campaign balancing, the game does not feel much different than two months ago. As people have said, you have only missed 1 patch.

Last edited:
I think the comment of a battle generator is on point. I'm looking for more of a sim and not sure if thats possible. I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing the weapons, armor, large field battles, and trashing the economy by making weapons that sell for over 100k. I get wealthy around level 5 and sometimes just off javelins. The potential is here, but the frustration is real. I really wanted the marriage and children thing to play a part, but it hasn't in my 6 attempts. The more I do results in an AI avalanche. Execution seems to be the only answer, which then causes it's own problem.

Back
Top Bottom