Is it unreal to lvl up like most of the noble NPC ?

Users who are viewing this thread

I agree but with 2 small exceptions - tactics and medicine skills - I am forced to play in insane maner to grt those 2 up. It is possible - sure, but only by deliberetly playing like insane person and sacreficeing troops. They really should re-work how those 2 are leveled up...

Also skilling up fighting skills at beginning really takes a toll on leveling non-fighting skills later...

I agree but with 2 small exceptions - tactics and medicine skills - I am forced to play in insane maner to grt those 2 up. It is possible - sure, but only by deliberetly playing like insane person and sacreficeing troops. They really should re-work how those 2 are leveled up...

Also skilling up fighting skills at beginning really takes a toll on leveling non-fighting skills later...

Tactics levels up based on your troops killing people, you don't have to take losses.

Hmm... That differs from my observations - when I use simulation I get a lot of tactics exp but take loses - if I fight manually (shoot down everyone that tries to aproach my army) - I have no loses but gain 10x less tactics exp...

Hmm... That differs from my observations - when I use simulation I get a lot of tactics exp but take loses - if I fight manually (shoot down everyone that tries to aproach my army) - I have no loses but gain 10x less tactics exp...

I was confused when you said insane and suicidal; I consider simulating battles to be preferable in a lot of situations (siege defense, small groups of bandits, some of the buggier siege assaults). I admit I assume people do the same thing.

I play 1.5.6 now. I got tactics on 57lvl and with party of 100+ consisting mostly of archers and horse archers I hd loses with simulation battles with around 30 looters - would never happen if battle would be played in manual mode. Also on deserters quests - in some simulations casualties are insane - over 15+ dead and 20+ wounded while played by hand - maybe 1 or 2 dead and 2-5 wounded vs same party... I can understand some more casualties in simulations but some bad rolls get so high dead and wounded ratio I think than manually you would have to play kamikadze style to get them that high - even F1 + F3 results in much lower casualties...

I play 1.5.6 now. I got tactics on 57lvl and with party of 100+ consisting mostly of archers and horse archers I hd loses with simulation battles with around 30 looters - would never happen if battle would be played in manual mode. Also on deserters quests - in some simulations casualties are insane - over 15+ dead and 20+ wounded while played by hand - maybe 1 or 2 dead and 2-5 wounded vs same party... I can understand some more casualties in simulations but some bad rolls get so high dead and wounded ratio I think than manually you would have to play kamikadze style to get them that high - even F1 + F3 results in much lower casualties...

OK, I have a newish playthrough where I haven't simulated many battles (maybe like one or two vs. looters), day 380 or so but I spent the first 150 days running around alone or with one companion. Tactics 76 with a party that averages 80 dudes (keeping it small so I can move faster).

I suppose I could start a "go go go" playthrough where I immediately aim to hit max party cap and simulate as many battles as possible to compare. I keep meaning to do that just to see how quickly I could (potentially) conquer the continent but keep putting it off because there is some new feauture or balance change to try out...

I think we should stop looking at npc lords skills and trying to find some correlation with player progression.
The way they are made is to be versatile and provide a challenge for the player which I think is necessary. Also afaik they dont use companions for party roles so it makes sense that they need more skills.
The player character by nature will always look more focused on fewer skills. I don't think it is even possible to become like npc lords so we shouldn't even bother with that. Best not to think too much about it.

You can match those NPC Lords in foot combat abilities (one-handed, athletics, two handed, thrown, bow), in just one day.

Just go to the practice fights in any city, and stay there fighting until you hit 150 athletics.

You'll get pretty good at it too, after 10,000 practice fights.

I'm currently doing this for a new 1.5.7 beta playthrough.

A few days have passed (because I ran up to Tyal from the start area), and I'm already over 75 in one-handed and athletics.

I think I've defeated everyone who lives in Tyal like 200 times each :wink:
bro, how much time do you spend?? and you don't feel bored doing this same fighting over and over again??

I would absolutely have no patience to wait and level up
I would just use command line to cheat to at least get me 25-50 skill level
then this game is more playable

the beginning stage is extremely boring.
you have to find 5-10 looters and keep killing them just to level up..... it's waste of time completely.

I just can't imaging how long you need to play to reach such high lvl in almost every characteristics.
It is impossible!
Look at my brother and this other NPC, then look at my character.
my-bro-x-D.png

mengus-x-D.png

My bro and other guy are genius almost in every thing!

me.png

What was my character doing with his life before I start playing for him ?
Did he was just laying down and do nothing?)
I think character start characteristic should be a lot bigger or leveling should be more quick in early game.

My sister and younger bro, they already has more stats then me and I am getting only 1 characteristic point per 4 lvls. I need 20+ lvls to reach one of them, and they are not playable yet as a companions because too young.

I think leveling and starting stats need some balancing.

I agreed. that's why ever time I open a new campaign, I will cheat and level up my self in skills at least 25-30 in every skillset
then level up a few level to like 5-7 levels, give my self 1 million gold to start

otherwise you would spend like 5-10 hours just to level up. super boring and waste of time

I just can't imaging how long you need to play to reach such high lvl in almost every characteristics.
It is impossible!
Look at my brother and this other NPC, then look at my character.
my-bro-x-D.png

mengus-x-D.png

My bro and other guy are genius almost in every thing!

me.png

What was my character doing with his life before I start playing for him ?
Did he was just laying down and do nothing?)
I think character start characteristic should be a lot bigger or leveling should be more quick in early game.

My sister and younger bro, they already has more stats then me and I am getting only 1 characteristic point per 4 lvls. I need 20+ lvls to reach one of them, and they are not playable yet as a companions because too young.

I think leveling and starting stats need some balancing.

BTW< how do you insert picture into your post?? can you teach me?? thanks

Agreed, but I find trying to level up companions much much worse.
I feel like it's not designed for us to be leveling them up in any meaningful way. Sure there's dozens of perks that ONLY can be used by NPCs and would require lots of skill up to get. But everything about how companions stats are spread and how skill raise, works against this ever happening.
You can get riding and bow. You can get steward and scouting. If they have charm they can maybe get get some more charm (but why?). If you set them lose as a party, maybe they'll get some medicine and leadership here and there, but nothing like what would need to happen to get any relevant perks for being a governor.

AT the least they need to set FP and attributes for them that work with their 'type and DOn't set their perks, FFS, let us at least make sure they have the ones we want.

From time to time - if you get lucky - you get companion with skill points not distributed and perks not chosen. Now that's a gem - this gameplay I got a "Falcon" -> 100 leadership, 100 tactict, 1h weapon, polearms and riding at 100+ and 16 levels of skill points to distribute at will :smile: Also all perks from the leveled skills to choose from :smile: Perfect governor in the making...

From time to time - if you get lucky - you get companion with skill points not distributed and perks not chosen. Now that's a gem - this gameplay I got a "Falcon" -> 100 leadership, 100 tactict, 1h weapon, polearms and riding at 100+ and 16 levels of skill points to distribute at will :smile: Also all perks from the leveled skills to choose from :smile: Perfect governor in the making...
It's possible that's a bug. But the only time I've ever seen it was when I had an older save that perks got patched so any companions who were affected had all their skills points reset. It's great to have that kind of control over a companion.

Those nobles have had the best possible educations for 20 years.

You on the other hand are the orphaned child of sheep herders or town guards.

In this respect, I think the disparity of traits is reasonable. You're a late bloomer. I find that after 10 years in game my list of traits starts to match and even in many cases surpass the NPC character traits.

Any desire to have easier trait gain, or lower noble capabilities is pure communism and that's 1000 years ahead in game time.
i would be ok with this if your children can have stats as other lords.
nowz i haven't tested child education myself, but i doubt that this is the case.

@black_bulldog
Yes - it's a bug, but the one I like :smile: At each gameplay I can find 1 or 2 companions like that - it is worth to look for them :smile:

But thing you describe is different - it is not a bug but a good mechanism. When patch makes big changes to perks they are reseted on all characters so you can distribute them as you like as they work differently after new version. But in his case you only can distribute perks - not skill points or stats. And only the ones that got re-worked. So I prefer bugged companions :grin:

i would be ok with this if your children can have stats as other lords.
nowz i haven't tested child education myself, but i doubt that this is the case.
It is like the character generation system.

Two planned and one random stage per event. Each stage generally gives an attribute point, a focus point and five skill points. You don't get to choose the third stage. There is some stuff in the first event, when they are two years old, that suggests it is supposed to be pulling from the parents' attributes but it gives the same lame +1 in practice. So I'm not sure if it is bugged or just fluff writing to mask the timidness of the education system.

bro, how much time do you spend?? and you don't feel bored doing this same fighting over and over again??

I would absolutely have no patience to wait and level up
I would just use command line to cheat to at least get me 25-50 skill level
then this game is more playable

the beginning stage is extremely boring.
you have to find 5-10 looters and keep killing them just to level up..... it's waste of time completely.

First, it's a challenge. Mastering challenges can be fun.

Second, redoing the arena again and again will improve the player's skill as well as the character's stats. Fights will
become super easy for you, even on hardest settings.

When I started doing arenas over-and-over, I could barely survive past one or two kills, and if I got lucky and survived one, it's because I hid over in the corner half the match... and now I can go through an arena at a full run the entire time, racking up 12 to 15 kills out of the 30 in there (the rest kill each other before I can get to them).

When I'm ready, I bet I'll be able to get more kills on looters than the rest of my warband using a folding pocket knife or something.

Anyway, in my mind, that's how a world-conquering legend would start out in Calradia.

Back
Top Bottom