is it still possible to find a skirmish game?

Users who are viewing this thread

For EU you can usually get a match after a few minutes, often it ends up in a 3v3 though especially after like 10.
Pretty sure theres a bug where once 3v3 has been found, they stop looking for players during warmup, and start searching again after the round started.

I'm usually able to find a full game with different people sometimes but its most of the time same people just mixed up. Matches tend to start 3v3 yes, but after the 1st round or so it gets filled to full. Still this doesn't cover up the fact that multiplayer is dead and a lot of players are refusing to play until the release or the custom servers. I'm sure after the custom server release player numbers are going to go up quite a bit. I don't know about how ranked mode is going to affect those numbers though, how are we going to do ranked matches when there is not enough people playing, I hope it brings more people to multiplayer.

For EU you can usually get a match after a few minutes, often it ends up in a 3v3 though especially after like 10.
Pretty sure theres a bug where once 3v3 has been found, they stop looking for players during warmup, and start searching again after the round started.
Well after the match started the matchmaking accepts larger skill differences to fill up. Thats why the people mostly join in during round 1.

From 13:00 Cest till 1-2 at night Eu skirmish should have at least 1-2 different matches to find + 40-60 players on custom siege and similar number of player for tdm, after that time it's better to search for Na servers. Personally I don't have problems with searching skirmishes, when I can't find after 1-2 minutes I just simply go for custom servers game modes.

Taleworlds needs to start from scratch with the MP or release the source code to people within the community who actually understand the game. The Bannerlord multiplayer was and is an inexcusable failure and its current state would lead to the team responsible being fired in 90% of companies. The refusal to acknowledge the entirety of feedback during Alpha was absolutely deplorable and borderline an act of undermining the rest of the company by whoever was in charge. If Taleworlds had any accountability at all, those responsible would be either reassigned or politely told that they were not working on the project any longer if they continue to refuse to overhaul the complete fundamental mistakes they have made.

There are people at Taleworlds who really care about multiplayer, but they are shackled by the poor design systems tied to the class system and skirmish. Let those talented people fix the game and stop tying them to something that has killed your game

Last edited:
Well after the match started the matchmaking accepts larger skill differences to fill up. Thats why the people mostly join in during round 1.
The matchmaking is completely screwed up regardless though. A friend and I duo queued and ended up with a top competitive archer, while the other team had 3 casual players. Ofcourse we annihilated them. At the end of round 2, the game was filled.

We also got queued against 6 stacks several times in a row, without the 3 minute wait thats supposed to happen.

There were 4 times as many people playing in a gf on NW I was in the other day than there has been in que for the last month, honestly think thats where im going back to

I am seeing complaints on Steam also about not being able to get a MP game. I wonder whether the attempt to stop steamrolling by largely separating teams from casual players is fragmenting the community and effectively providing a barrier to more casual players getting into the game. On Skirmish particularly the success of the recent pick up system means that the player base of regular players is largely invisible to casual players who are having long waits, which will eventually kill off the supply of new players (if there are long waits for a skirmish match players will give up trying).

I don't know what the answer is but I do know that we need to be encouraging new/casual players to enjoy the MP game.

On more casual Bannerlord groups(eg. Facebook) people are complaining they can’t get into siege games. This is because they don’t know that there is custom servers where everyone plays and are sitting for an hour in the matchmaking queue. As soon as you mention the custom server they are satisfied again.

The banner on the home page needs to mention that for now custom servers list is the best place to play while the population is low for casual players. As one siege server fills another one is opened so there shouldn’t be a shortage of space.

On more casual Bannerlord groups(eg. Facebook) people are complaining they can’t get into siege games. This is because they don’t know that there is custom servers where everyone plays and are sitting for an hour in the matchmaking queue. As soon as you mention the custom server they are satisfied again.

The banner on the home page needs to mention that for now custom servers list is the best place to play while the population is low for casual players. As one siege server fills another one is opened so there shouldn’t be a shortage of space.
that's fine for siege but I am seeing complaints about skirmish and captain.

Back
Top Bottom