Is it possible to stop population growth?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mythos

Regular
I'm getting sick of this. Since I've got enough knight chapters to use just nobles, I never have to recruit anything anymore. Because of this, my villages are all horrendously overpopulated and all have bad health. So, two questions. First, what does health affect? And second, is it possible to stop population growth?

im not sure, just guessing, but Ive gotten the impression that health and population growth goes close together. If you have great health there is a big population growth, if you have bad you have a slow growth, stagnant or decreasing population. That means that if you want the growth to stop, just let the health become very bad.

this is as I said first, just guessing. But all ingame messages I have gotten about health rising has also made a population boost, so that they are connected seems natural.

Population gap for villages is 500, towns 3000. Don´t know if amount of population affects taxes though. *covers*

Rubberduck said:
Population gap for villages is 500, towns 3000. Don´t know if amount of population affects taxes though. *covers*

Good point.  You could raise your taxes which should have an effect on population morale thereby causing people to leave.  Just be careful with this option...

FS

Taxpayers (Townsman/Villager population) + Prosperity = Amount of Taxes (not sure)
Taxpayers (Villager only) = Castle Garrison (Barracks, Stables, Ranged)

Order the blacksmith to produce chainmail condoms and the monasteries to teach abstinence...

You don't have a reason to be worried about population, the more the better like the man said - they'd still be paying their taxes.

Alright. I was mainly concerned about the health, since I thought low health hurts prosperity.

Back
Top Bottom