Is it Possible to Pimp out your Castle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys, so I've got my own empire and have my council at a town city and it looks pretty beat up in the castle, stacked tables laying around and couch cushions sitting around. I go to some of my vassal's castles and they've all got set out tables with candles and food, aswell as seats and lanterns and all their heraldry symbols around. I was wonder if there is a way to get my castle to be like that, it's damn near depressing always having to go to my wife to asign a fief or send an emissary.

Thanks in advance.  :grin:

No, although that sounds cool, you can't renovate your castle. Each castles hall is different though so I guess you could keep conquering until you find a nice one.

Edit: I stand corrected, I don't tend to use edit mode. Might give that a try though.

Yes, you can renovate the castle to look like whatever you want.

Enable edit mode (from configuration panel), ride to your castle, go to the lord's hall, press control+e to enable edit mode and alt+enter to go to windowed mode so you get the object panels visible.

When you are done, just save your work.

The design of the hall depends on the original owner (faction-wise) of the fief. In my opinion, Nords have the worst design for castle and town halls (barbaric style not ftw). :sad: And CTRL + E ftw.

Urgnot said:
Hey guys, so I've got my own empire and have my council at a town city and it looks pretty beat up in the castle, stacked tables laying around and couch cushions sitting around. I go to some of my vassal's castles and they've all got set out tables with candles and food, aswell as seats and lanterns and all their heraldry symbols around. I was wonder if there is a way to get my castle to be like that, it's damn near depressing always having to go to my wife to asign a fief or send an emissary.

Thanks in advance.  :grin:

You should tune into weekly episodes of Calradian Cribs.

Is it possible to change the scene of a castle, for example if I wanted to change Veluca to the looks of Praven, or something else?

Blaine said:
Is it possible to change the scene of a castle, for example if I wanted to change Veluca to the looks of Praven, or something else?
Yes. You can copy the scenes from SceneObj folder (in your mod or in Native). For the out door scene, you may also need to copy the terrain code from module_scenes or scenes.txt.

Edit: for example, you want your inner castle (castle hall) of Veluca to look just like the castle hall of Praven.
- Open you mod folder or Native folder and locate SceneObj folder. This folder contains all of the scene files. Veluca is town_3, Praven is town_5.
- Backup scn_town_3_castle.sco (this is the original scene).
- Copy scn_town_5_castle.sco and rename it scn_town_3_castle.sco.

Ricox said:
The design of the hall depends on the original owner (faction-wise) of the fief. In my opinion, Nords have the worst design for castle and town halls (barbaric style not ftw). :sad: And CTRL + E ftw.

But they are so roomy. I feel claustrophobic in many of the other ones.

Although if you want style you can't beat the Sarranids

Back
Top Bottom