is it possible to get a refund

Users who are viewing this thread

whatever1904

Recruit
i loved the original so i thought i'd love this version even more. i was wrong..

i can't even get started on this. first off when i go to try recruit a few men, there's only 1-3 that can be recruited (most of the time it's 1, sometimes even none) so i spend all that time running to a town to find out i can recruit only a couple. so then if i manage to recruit a team of men (say about 10) i try to find a battle. after searching for around 10 minutes, no one to be seen except for people that are in a faction (don't want to attack them because i'm not ready) i find a battle. most likely going to lose due to men not having enough training, majority of men dead, taken hostage. start all over again.

i mean it wouldn't be so bad if i could find a battle every now and then so i could upgrade my guys a bit more easily, but it LITERALLY takes 10 minutes or more only to find a bunch of calvary that are too strong for me.. and i thought the original was bad because of this...

how do i go about getting a refund? i can't stand this much, i'll just stick to the original.

No, it is not likely you'll be able to get a refund, but your best route for checking would be going to whomever sold you the game (Steam, Avangate if you got it through Taleworlds.com, etc) but I wouldn't put much stock into that...particularly since there is a free trial available straight from Taleworlds.

As for your beefs with the recruitment system--quite simply, it is different from M&B and Warband. See the strategy sticky above, or the info stickies for the manuals, etc, and explore to get accustomed to how WFaS works.

You want a refund because you're bad at a game?

If there were more people like you the industry would collapse :p

Recruitment is done mainly in the mercenary camps dotted around the map, up to 12 troops (give or take) may be recruited from villages but they are fairly crap...

Elite troops are hired from castles and towns by going to the town center and talking to the commander, though I believe you have to be a landowner for the nation or at least a hired merc

EDIT: Steam NEVER gives refunds. So good luck if you bought it from there :p

refund? :smile: mate check youtube videos or read somthing about thing you are going to buy :smile: but i think you will like game from time to time :smile: i advice you to download Mount and musket. shooting is very simple :smile: (it needs a lot of luck) and go to 1 of clans as private they will train you and when you will be on massive LB events then you will know that  20$ worth of it :smile: ofc you can try other mods too, or set everything on very eazy in game settings or a tlas t use cheats to make god like char :smile:. if you bought game from shop you have a little chans about 4-5% as i know. there is another thing too you have serial key so if you give back disck back you can take serial and download game from TW :smile:  and nobody will buy that game from you cuz you may use serial key and that person who will buy it from you so key will be banned :smile: damn i wrote so much :smile: i think nobody will read this :razz:  good luck

KidKoala said:
try the multiplayer!

touche.

i reckon i would love to host a (australian) 24/7 dedicated server soon. man it rocks. plus the new engine upgrade is sexier than the vanilla ''warband'' build, even though the upgrades are minimal seemingly...

for SP create a character, using 'export|import' to have a strength of 84000 - it'd take 1000 men with 4000 grenades each to take you down ONCE you heal-up. you'll have to spend many weeks healing with low medical skill. but may as well give yourself a huge XP and 10 to all skills from the beginning.

then even try online mode, and try 'captains coop' mode for a cooperative 'singleplayer'ish experience, or if your into PVP then any of the other modes, with friends or with bots to train.

manboy86 said:
KidKoala said:
try the multiplayer!

touche.

i reckon i would love to host a (australian) 24/7 dedicated server soon. man it rocks. plus the new engine upgrade is sexier than the vanilla ''warband'' build, even though the upgrades are minimal seemingly...

for SP create a character, using 'export|import' to have a strength of 84000 - it'd take 1000 men with 4000 grenades each to take you down ONCE you heal-up. you'll have to spend many weeks healing with low medical skill. but may as well give yourself a huge XP and 10 to all skills from the beginning.

then even try online mode, and try 'captains coop' mode for a cooperative 'singleplayer'ish experience, or if your into PVP then any of the other modes, with friends or with bots to train.
an australian server...finally!!! :mrgreen:

Naresh said:

I'd say more along the lines of "it isn't what I thought it was going to be" I'm assuming that is what he thinks.  See some people absolutely love Mount & Blade and Warband, but when jumping into With Fire & Sword it's a completely different ballgame, in a way it's not even the same game, a lot of the stuff that made me for example love Warband does not even exist in With Fire and Sword, and I'm not even remotely fond of the recruitment system, lack of politics, an...and well lack of anything, this version of Mount & Blade is just boring, and more difficult in some regards, two bad combinations.  I don't even enjoy the battles half the time sadly. 

For those reason I for one can see exactly way someone would want a refund, it may look like the other Mount & Blade games, but it's so far from them in some regards that it is not the same, it's easily an inferior product, dramatically so in some areas.  Multiplayer is alright, but the single player campaign is what made Warband loved by me, and well for with Fire and Sword, campaign mode is just dry.  Even the maps/castles are completely dry. 

i got the game and played single player way more than warband since the AI is a bit better and i love the time period. Updating the ai behavior and commands to your troops makes the game in my opinion. Love the archer and musket vollies and ranks you can fire/form

... they really need to improve the melee AI so they dont act retarded and run into your face (even with pikes) if you backup from a mob of like 10 guys.

i was a little angry upon making this post, so excuse me. i still don't like it though. perhaps i should've gone with warband. the thought of guns mixed with medieval weaponry excited me. i don't care for a refund now, but maybe i could get it 'swapped' for warband? i doubt it though.

whatever1904 said:
i was a little angry upon making this post, so excuse me. i still don't like it though. perhaps i should've gone with warband. the thought of guns mixed with medieval weaponry excited me. i don't care for a refund now, but maybe i could get it 'swapped' for warband? i doubt it though.

no you can't.

WB is much more forgiving and thus better suited to jumping into without knowing exactly what you're doing.

WFaS isn't that bad or hard once you know what you're getting into, though the indiscriminate nature of firearms limits what you can do and makes any kind of direct participation in combat much more risky.

Naresh said:

If there were more people like you the industry would collapse :p

Recruitment is done mainly in the mercenary camps dotted around the map, up to 12 troops (give or take) may be recruited from villages but they are fairly crap...

Elite troops are hired from castles and towns by going to the town center and talking to the commander, though I believe you have to be a landowner for the nation or at least a hired merc

EDIT: Steam NEVER gives refunds. So good luck if you bought it from there :p
actually steam gives 1 refund...  :wink:

The biggest problem I think people have is that they want to play WFaS like it's still set in the middle ages. To wit, the want to run around on a horse with a lance and sword hacking people down, or have a bunch of heavy cavalry mop the battlefield of everything else, and that's not realistic anymore. Guns changed all that. When it takes one, maybe two shots at most to kill your horse or kill you, it's a lot more daunting to try to charge into a line of marksmen, unlike in WB, where if you have 25 Swadians you could basically kill anything in front of you with a charge.

My advice to anyone preoccupied with how "crappy" it is is to settle down, re-assess the time period advantages and disadvantages, and play the game intelligently. That means you're less likely to go charging around with impunity, it'll take you a bit longer to get a crack army, and you'll spend more time in battle directing troops than you will actively cutting people.

I honestly think it's refreshing and unique, but that's just me.

I downloaded WFAS by torrents and I still want a refund of my life time and energy wasted playing this game.

$30 or $50 would be OK. Email me so I can give you my paypal account for the transfer.

Back
Top Bottom