Is it possible to advance in the temple troops?

Users who are viewing this thread

Fordo

Sergeant at Arms
I joined the Temple, and fight a lot with them but when i look the progress it sais that the requirements for upgrade are N/A, and a week after a waeek i keep being sergeant while i level up... Is there any bug or a wanted feature?

I'm playing SVN last version.

this thing occurs when your character is not qualified for the next level.sometimes it is about the skill point and your renown

What about the rest of the Militar Orders? Is there any way to be a templar knight?

You have to join a with at-least 120 renown to be a knight. Tho once you gain a rank in the order (say a sergeant) you are one for life :razz:

Only the teutonic order have progression in ranks, because they are a separate faction.

Ok, thanks. Then as the others Orders (not Teutonic) are not a separate faction as soon as you get out of the Master Army you get out of the army isn't it?

Strictly speaking, the Templar rule demands that knights are the sons of knights. So unless you clicked the "impoverished noble" at the beginning of your screen, you should be a sergeant.  :razz:

Still, there are some positions for sergeants that could provide a higher rank, e.g. (in hierarchical order from low to high) the Standard Bearer and the Under-Marshal. Both have an additional horse and a squire. There should be only one of them within the order, but if this applies to the player only then there shouldn't be a problem. Higher positions for knights should also be possible but I'm not sure what Tomas has done about it yet.

These ranks could go along -- since we have barely anything else to show it -- with subtle armour improvements. Textile cuisses over the maille leggings come to my mind or pot helmets for the knights after having nasal helmets first. After all, the gear is described in the Templar rule and deviations are barely possible.

So how do you join a knighthood order? What benefits are there? The only time I've seen Templars or Hospitallers is during a Welsh crusade in Georgia of all places.

Jeames said:
So how do you join a knighthood order? What benefits are there? The only time I've seen Templars or Hospitallers is during a Welsh crusade in Georgia of all places.

To join a knighthood order, find the leader of a particular order. Ask him.

it's holy order/ military order/ knightly order rather than knighthood order  :roll:  there are no benefits, just cooler gears than normal enlisting to lords army.

It could be great to be a Templar/Hospitaleer... Knight and keep the status as it, being able to train your own templar sergents or knigths in your fiefs, while having your own fiefs as a templar commander. I think the only possibility to do this is making each Order as a faction with hard alliances with the cristian reigns...

"Hard alliances" wouldn't be historical either... although the idea in general is good to have one's own commandery with several villages/manors/castles, doing recruitment and exercise and keeping the peace (as long as no knights are present, this could be done by sergeants, too, according to the rule). Still, the Templars and Hospitallers were once drawn into rather nasty conflicts of the Italian city states and faced each other as opposing allies, very close to actual war.

+ templars and hospitalliers were knight-monk-whatever, so it wouldn't be accurate that your peasants would magically get the knights rank  :roll:

No, i'm not saying you could magical transform your local serves into templar or hospitaliers knights, but being able to recruit some of them (perhaps 2 or 3 in a month, and perhaps 3 to 5 sergents). The real question was about being templar and own your fief, in spain a lot of fiefs were given to Temple, Santiago, Calatrava and other orders while the hard fight with the islamic troops was so hard to defend them. Like Extremadura (Badajoz and Caceres in game) that was a territory in the frontier of the conflict and has a lot of towns called "de los Caballeros", "del Maestre", names that remind their origin as temple fiefs.

I have a renown of 180. I asked to join the templar order and the Grand Master said I can enter the order as a Templar Brother-Knight. There is ranks beyond a brother-knight ?

stevehoos said:
Jeames said:

To join a knighthood order, find the leader of a particular order. Ask him.

Does it mean that I should go to the Grandmasters in Kingdom of Jerusalem?
Because when i tried to ask to enlist, the master of hospitallars just asked me whether im a smelly noble angry peasant or so. Everything's just like when I'm enlisting in a normal army, and he didn't tell me that I shall be a knight or a sergeant.
Or is there other masters of the orders?

Back
Top Bottom