Is it normal for the other factions to gang bang your faction when you join one?

Users who are viewing this thread

wokelly

Recruit
Second time playing for Swadia, second time the other factions all just decide to declare was on Swadia. Currently against everyone but the Sultanate. Been allied a few days and this cluster occurs. Is the mod designed like this to counterbalance a human player being on one side? Because I don't have the strength to fight off the oncoming hoards.
 

Lord Beach

Squire
WBWF&SNW
First off, the title of this made my day lol. I think its normal, because I was playing native and I was in swadia, which was at war with the world. I would suggest starting a nee game, and joining the same faction again to see if this happens again hope this helps.
 

Bremmelgod

Knight at Arms
Swadia almost always gets gangraped, unless nords and khergits prefer to ravage vaegirs instead, and rhodoks get distracted against sarranids.
Also, Dhirim's a rainbow.
 

Kinsume

Knight
WB
Factions can only go to war with other factions they are next to, hence why Swadia gets boned all the time as its in the middle of everyone.
 

dynasyhan

Recruit
WBWF&S
I guess Swadia was hated by all other factions because their leaders thought "women" shouldn't be ruling... so Swadia ended up having enemies with every factions. I made 2 games so far; first game I joined with Khernate faction and Swadia got owned by at least 4 factions at war and got wiped out. Second game I joined Swadia and the faction was under attack by all other factions as well.
 

Bremmelgod

Knight at Arms
dynasyhan said:
I guess Swadia was hated by all other factions because their leaders thought "women" shouldn't be ruling... so Swadia ended up having enemies with every factions. I made 2 games so far; first game I joined with Khernate faction and Swadia got owned by at least 4 factions at war and got wiped out. Second game I joined Swadia and the faction was under attack by all other factions as well.

Or maybe Harlaus was hated by everyone because all he does is party hard and give himself Five stars holds with included spa.
Even tough I'm sad that he's dead in this mod. Katilus better keeps the tradition of being a goddang lazy ruler.
 

Rhox

Squire
WBWF&SNW
Try not joining swadia and you will see they always gangrape Swadia and not any faction the player joins.
 

soulmata

Squire
Swadia has the fortune (or misfortune, as it were) to hold Dhirim, which is one of the most prime pieces of real estate on the map. It is centrally located, is a full size city, has several nearby fiefs and castles and is more or less the stopping point to anyone wanting to travel across the map. If I was any other faction, it would be on my hit list too.
 

brzi

Veteran
soulmata said:
Swadia brzi has the fortune (or misfortune, as it were) to hold Dhirim, which is one of the most prime pieces of real estate on the map. It is centrally located, is a full size city, has several nearby fiefs and castles and is more or less the stopping point to anyone wanting to travel across the map. If I was any other faction, it would be on my hit list too.
there, i fixed it. early in the game i decided to keep to a single town and i decided it would be Dhirim because it is one of the most prime pieces of real estate on the map. It is centrally located, is a full size city, has several nearby fiefs and castles and is more or less the stopping point to anyone wanting to travel across the map. also, it has the option to build a cathedral.  :grin:
 
Yes, the fact every other nation is likely to declare war against swadia is a problem.
However swadia should "reign supreme with their Heavy Cavalry" : That is why I wonder if we can modify NPC vs NPC battles management, so that swad cavalry is better when fighting on openfield. Maybe increasing the level of swad cavalry ? Any idea, Soulmata ?
 

Rhox

Squire
WBWF&SNW
Chevalier Bayard said:
Yes, the fact every other nation is likely to declare war against swadia is a problem.
However swadia should "reign supreme with their Heavy Cavalry" : That is why I wonder if we can modify NPC vs NPC battles management, so that swad cavalry is better when fighting on openfield. Maybe increasing the level of swad cavalry ? Any idea, Soulmata ?

It's just the auto-battle system, for example, I had 80 rhodok sharpshooters, and caught a lonely lord raiding my village, so I sent them to attack without me and that lord still killed 2 and wounded 1 -_-
 

soulmata

Squire
Chevalier Bayard said:
Yes, the fact every other nation is likely to declare war against swadia is a problem.
However swadia should "reign supreme with their Heavy Cavalry" : That is why I wonder if we can modify NPC vs NPC battles management, so that swad cavalry is better when fighting on openfield. Maybe increasing the level of swad cavalry ? Any idea, Soulmata ?

NE already uses an improved autocalc. Swadia's not going to be helped by that a lot, though, since though their cav is fantastic, they can't field entire armies of heavy cav.
 
soulmata said:
NE already uses an improved autocalc. Swadia's not going to be helped by that a lot, though, since though their cav is fantastic, they can't field entire armies of heavy cav.
Not helped a lot ? So, It could be a good idea to modify swadians reinforcements in the partytemplate file so that swadian lords lead more squires/pages/knights, no ? After all, it seems natural that Swadian army boasts more horsemen than footmen, to be more powerful...


But anyway there is really something wrong  :mad:! When I see a battle 12 swad crusaders (paladins+priests) vs 80 vaegirs, they are defeated ; whereas when I join the battle as a "tourist", crusaders massacre everyone with maybe 1 or 2 casualties !! You understand what I mean ?
 
Top Bottom