Is it me or something is totally broken (Siege & Vote System for Fiefs)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sergius1999

Recruit
Hello there, I've got some troubles when playing M&B 2 Bannerlord Singleplayer

1. Siege.
When I lead the troops on the siege they..... lose their mind completely. I build Battering Ram and 2 Siege Towers, however, when my troops get close to the town's gate or walls (by towers), they just get... bugged or something. They DON'T follow my orders to offend by using towers. It's a god damned circus, I've got 800 men for siege and instead of climbing up of the Siege Tower's ladders they're "buggingly" quivering around the tower and gates. When the first gate is down, infantry tries to get to the second, HOWEVER they CAN'T fit through the doors. It's like a invisible wall that pushes them out of the gateway. Is it my personal problem or some of you already encountered this crap.
In any case, IT MUST BE FIXED! Either way it's impossible to conquer the cities

P.S. Is it a common problem when the player leads armies or such crap occurs only during besieging cities because I haven't seen it, when besieging castles (but being honest, then I was neither a head, nor a member of the armies)

2. Vote System for Fiefs.
Look, guys it's really pissing off. Recently some 3 clans that originate from the Empire joined Kingdom of Vlandia (in which I'm a vassal by this moment), HOWEVER, since that EVERY time Vlandia takes a castle from the Khuzaits, the Vote for ruling starts ONLY WITH THESE 3 CLANS AVAILABLE TO VOTE FOR, NO OTHER OPTIONS AT ALL. It happens EVERY GOD DAMNED TIME and it's frustraiting as a fail. How would you like the situation when you used all your tactical skill and conquered city or castle with minimal losses and then... THE DAMNED VOTE DOES NOT EVEN CONSIDERS YOUR CANDIDACY 'cause it's bugged as a... oh my.

Maybe we should re-balance this system, making direct participants of the siege HIGHLY LIKELY to become the candidate. It's way more fair and less frustraiting, isn't it?

P.S. Again, guys, is it just me or some of you also encountered such trash in this game?

I have to admit that I don't much like the voting system as it is. At the very least you should be able to use your influence to replace one of the candidates with your name. Make it cost a lot of influence and maybe even leave it up to a vote but at least give me a chance at a fief because their is nothing more frustrating that watching vote after vote come up and you not once seeing your name as a candidate.

Also the current system makes it impossible for any sort strategy for a player wanting to start their own kingdom. I mean technically you can start out being a king with just one small castle but who wants to fight off the major factions while just having one fief. Instead in Warband I usually liked to take specific castles/towns for specific reasons and get a small cluster of them, right up until the ruler stopped giving them to me, then I could rebel and while keeping my small little cluster of towns and castles as a good base upon which to start a kingdom. Here though, even if you get multiple fiefs, they are usually scattered everywhere due to the random nature of it.

So yeah, we need something changed, be it using your influence to buy you way into being a candidate or maybe a situation where the person who captures the fief is always a candidate or something but the current system sucks.

I have to admit that I don't much like the voting system as it is. At the very least you should be able to use your influence to replace one of the candidates with your name. Make it cost a lot of influence and maybe even leave it up to a vote but at least give me a chance at a fief because their is nothing more frustrating that watching vote after vote come up and you not once seeing your name as a candidate.

Also the current system makes it impossible for any sort strategy for a player wanting to start their own kingdom. I mean technically you can start out being a king with just one small castle but who wants to fight off the major factions while just having one fief. Instead in Warband I usually liked to take specific castles/towns for specific reasons and get a small cluster of them, right up until the ruler stopped giving them to me, then I could rebel and while keeping my small little cluster of towns and castles as a good base upon which to start a kingdom. Here though, even if you get multiple fiefs, they are usually scattered everywhere due to the random nature of it.

So yeah, we need something changed, be it using your influence to buy you way into being a candidate or maybe a situation where the person who captures the fief is always a candidate or something but the current system sucks.
am I the only who always gets into that vote? then I never manage to get the actual castle/city but i'm always part of the vote.

Voting system is a mess and it needs to be made again from scratch. About sieges - they're messy and buggy, siege towers are useless (AI can't use them) and ladders are a mobile slaughter houses for the attacking units. Almost every siege I see units blocked in door. There are also huge performance issues - I have a high-end gaming laptop and even on low details some sieges with 1000 units have 0.2 FPS from a certain point (it all goes smoothly even on highest details with 1000 units but something's breaking when my units cross the walls and it sometimes drops from a smooth performance to <0.2 FPS).

Yeah sieges need a lot of work. I love the siege equipment you build that doesn't appear...that's a corker.

Also if you vote for yourself you get -10 relations with all other parties. Building relations with other lords is so slow...save someones life in a battle, nothing or +1, vote for yourself -10 with everyone.

In about 10 or 12 successful sieges I'm still the proud owner of 1 castle....1

They can all vote if they have influence pints, but they often don't or don't want to. Clans with no land are priority for fiefs.
Can you not put yourself up for the fief? So far I've always seen the option to put myself up. Where you leading an army or have many fiefs?
You should get used to sharing though, I'm sure they'll add tax inefficiency (most missed feature right?) someday.

They can all vote if they have influence pints, but they often don't or don't want to. Clans with no land are priority for fiefs.
Can you not put yourself up for the fief? So far I've always seen the option to put myself up. Where you leading an army or have many fiefs?
You should get used to sharing though, I'm sure they'll add tax inefficiency (most missed feature right?) someday.
there's a land tax but for now its insignificant mostly

am I the only who always gets into that vote? then I never manage to get the actual castle/city but i'm always part of the vote.
it is because you don't have anything. the people that don't have anything are priority. but even when everyone has something, it is very rare for your name to come up.

In my current playthrough, I'm always an option for the vote.

I have high relations with the king and other notable lords, have high Charm and also have a tonne of influence, so I'm guessing that plays a big part.

it is because you don't have anything. the people that don't have anything are priority. but even when everyone has something, it is very rare for your name to come up.
even in my precedent playthrough with 3 or 4 fiefs i would still get in the vote every time, again, no one would vote for me but still

I'm a ruler of my own kingdom. I have 3 clans as my vassals. I have more fiefs than any of them but they aren't poor, they really have some fiefs as well. I'm never able to give a new fief to myself. Am I supposed to remove one of the clans from my kingdom to finally be able to get a castle I captured BY MYSELF? As a ruler?

It is also a problem. I had this situation some patches ago but since these 3 clans joined, it became a total mess.
Yeah sieges need a lot of work. I love the siege equipment you build that doesn't appear...that's a corker.

Also if you vote for yourself you get -10 relations with all other parties. Building relations with other lords is so slow...save someones life in a battle, nothing or +1, vote for yourself -10 with everyone.

In about 10 or 12 successful sieges I'm still the proud owner of 1 castle....1

Relation can be achieved absolutely easily. You might at some moment when your Influence is not an issue donate 50 Influence to your clans with no cooldown and raise Relation slowly. You can balance them by supporting different clans in votes.
Reasonable, but these 3 clans already have 2-3 castles each. Put myself up for the fief? How can I do it? Right now I own 1 city and 1.5 castle (because in my currect playthrough one is gonna be besieged by the Battanians). Get used to sharing? I've already got but it begins to be pissing off and bugged as hell. As I mentioned they already have more fiefs and they're still in the vote, the others, including me, aren't.

I'm a ruler of my own kingdom. I have 3 clans as my vassals. I have more fiefs than any of them but they aren't poor, they really have some fiefs as well. I'm never able to give a new fief to myself. Am I supposed to remove one of the clans from my kingdom to finally be able to get a castle I captured BY MYSELF? As a ruler?
There's also a problem, I lobby for kicking one of these clans but it doesn't go approved. When I lobby for changing heads of the castles and cities, even if it works, THE FOLLOWING VOTE FOR FIEF INCLUDES THESE 3 DAMNED CLANS ONLY.

I am still playing my first and only game. I have my own kingdom , and i have 29 vassals and 43 fiefs. At this point i am deciding who gets what.
Analysing candidates that are nominated for conquered fiefs, the only thing that matters is clan level and number of fiefs they already have.
I guess same mechanics works when you are a vassal. Relationship with king doesn't have any influence or relationship with other vassals.

This was annoying me, so I made a mod. It's not very scientific, just doubles the number that determines whether the player is on the ballot to become castle owner. I end up on the ballot most of the time now.

You can download it from https://github.com/samlbest/FairCastleOwnershipVote/releases for e1.4.0 (might work in other versions).

I also wrote out the rough formula (as of e1.4.0) for the "merit" of giving the settlement to a given clan, which determines which clans make it onto the ballot and how much support they get. Clan tier is pretty heavily weighted. You also get a bump if you don't have a castle or city yet and also if you're not an AI (doesn't seem like a big enough bonus).

The actual decision by the king is pretty complicated but it's based on the initial merit of the candidate, the voter's relation with the candidate, some randomness, and some other stuff I didn't bother to understand.

Back
Top Bottom