is it me or are there only big regiments left?

Users who are viewing this thread

I've debated having a few linebattles where the whole of the 13te drop their names and replace it with "1" or "2". It almost happened too :razz:. It got shut down by some complaints about something called "Humanity". I still can't understand that concept.

The problem I've found in the community is that people tend to join the larger (Giant, with 50 or more people) regiments. They generally prefer having numbers over skill*. A great example of this is the fact that I haven't had a recruit in weeks, regardless of the fact that when me and my lads get on, we usually have quite a lot of fun, and occasionally top the scoreboard. Yet some lads come in, and advertise the 'huge' number of members they have, and get quite a few recruits out of it. This leads to smaller regiments stagnating, due to a lack of members, and collapsing in on themselves, whereas larger regiments can withstand losing a few members, due to a continuous influx of recruits. And to add onto the worries of a smaller regiment, they might lack the numbers to go to any kind of event, meaning they have to keep the interest of their members for weeks, until they get enough recruits from spamming the Official Server's chat.

[* This is not to say that larger regiments lack skill, however some people join based on the numbers.]

TheBoberton said:
The problem I've found in the community is that people tend to join the larger (Giant, with 50 or more people) regiments. They generally prefer having numbers over skill*. A great example of this is the fact that I haven't had a recruit in weeks, regardless of the fact that when me and my lads get on, we usually have quite a lot of fun, and occasionally top the scoreboard. Yet some lads come in, and advertise the 'huge' number of members they have, and get quite a few recruits out of it. This leads to smaller regiments stagnating, due to a lack of members, and collapsing in on themselves, whereas larger regiments can withstand losing a few members, due to a continuous influx of recruits. And to add onto the worries of a smaller regiment, they might lack the numbers to go to any kind of event, meaning they have to keep the interest of their members for weeks, until they get enough recruits from spamming the Official Server's chat.

[* This is not to say that larger regiments lack skill, however some people join based on the numbers.]
I agree with you and see that as well. The bigger regiments can see Euro regiments like the 51st, 77y, 63, 91st, and others and are trying to model their regiment after that. For the NA community to be able to grow, larger regiments should be a little pickier with their recruits, allowing the smaller regiments to be able to pick up some recruits. In the 89th we have 33 enlisted members but we only get 15-20 actively attending events. If larger regiments were more picky with their recruits smaller regiments would have a bigger chance.

Some of this is also due to publicity. A problem we have in the 89th is that we don't have many members active here on the forums. Having members constantly getting your name on the forums where people looking for regiments can possibly see it. Deo has a good guide about things such as these. It'd be nice to see the bigger regiments (the FKI does this) support smaller regiments in helping them get a clean thread etc.

I've been in the 51st for 3 years and new people come and go. Only the people who stick around become more known.
But the thing in big regiments is that the newer members form sort of a club and the old members too. To become part of the later is difficult but mainly requires commitment.

Somehow this whole community is like a forest with big trees and smaller ones. The trees themselves are regiments and their own communities.
The shade of the larger ones tend to keep the sunlight off of the saplings, but some still seeps through.
And big trees have tree rings with the oldest members closest to the middle of course.
Makes me wonder who or what a lumberjack would be...

Kator Viridian said:
I'm just doing a quick summary its not 100% accurate as it depends on the regiment, their contacts in the community, with the larger regiments there tends to be a keep themselves to themselves, but it depends what you call big regiments right now the big 3 i'd say are 84e, 51st and 92nd and I have to say I rarely hear from them or their members anymore ... which is a bit of a shame really.
Don't forget the 33rd. And hello there!

1thecop said:
TheBoberton said:

I agree with you and see that as well. The bigger regiments can see Euro regiments like the 51st, 77y, 63, 91st, and others and are trying to model their regiment after that. For the NA community to be able to grow, larger regiments should be a little pickier with their recruits, allowing the smaller regiments to be able to pick up some recruits. In the 89th we have 33 enlisted members but we only get 15-20 actively attending events. If larger regiments were more picky with their recruits smaller regiments would have a bigger chance.

Some of this is also due to publicity. A problem we have in the 89th is that we don't have many members active here on the forums. Having members constantly getting your name on the forums where people looking for regiments can possibly see it. Deo has a good guide about things such as these. It'd be nice to see the bigger regiments (the FKI does this) support smaller regiments in helping them get a clean thread etc.

the 85th have the same problem, we have around 20 members in our regiment, but only about 8 active members. we try to recuit a lot, but it seems most people who play NW regularly are in regiments now. that means we really struggle to pick up new members, i think we have got 1 new guy in about 2 weeks. we post regularly on the forums, and make recritment threads, but with no sucess.

lFortune said:
Somehow this whole community is like a forest with big trees and smaller ones. The trees themselves are regiments and their own communities.
The shade of the larger ones tend to keep the sunlight off of the saplings, but some still seeps through.
And big trees have tree rings with the oldest members closest to the middle of course.

That was beautiful.

lFortune said:
I've been in the 51st for 3 years and new people come and go. Only the people who stick around become more known.
But the thing in big regiments is that the newer members form sort of a club and the old members too. To become part of the later is difficult but mainly requires commitment.

Kator Viridian said:
I'm just doing a quick summary its not 100% accurate as it depends on the regiment, their contacts in the community, with the larger regiments there tends to be a keep themselves to themselves, but it depends what you call big regiments right now the big 3 i'd say are 84e, 51st and 92nd and I have to say I rarely hear from them or their members anymore ... which is a bit of a shame really.

I'm a lumberjack and i'm OK ... I sleep all night and I work all day!

But besides that yeh I know you a bit fortune but havn't seen the 51st at all on mass for a long time now, which is a real shame tbh, even if its like 20 people, just don't see them around at all ... just a shame is all.

Lowlanders 33rd I saw today as I tagged along with the Brunswick Uhlans which was pretty funny at all times, had a good laugh tbh.

lFortune said:

Kator Viridian said:
That is one of the greatest ways to explain it.  Perhaps the lumberjack the lack of recruits? Beats me.

Karth said:
Well what do you mean by big? 63e, 32nd and 5thKGL all have 140+ members
That is rather large but how many do you have that regularly attend and interact within the regiment's community? Surely you don't field 70-140 members especially with the limits on what you can field during events.

The lumberjack would be the people who come into a regiment and attempt to turn its member against itself and try to take over, most of the time ending in the eventual complete annihilation of the regiment.

Frederickson said:
The lumberjack would be the people who come into a regiment and attempt to turn its member against itself and try to take over, most of the time ending in the eventual complete annihilation of the regiment.
After consideration I assume that the lumberjacks would be trolls. Although most lacking proper equipment, they can try to chip away at the big trees, but laziness will mainly make them go after saplings.

lFortune said:
Frederickson said:
After consideration I assume that the lumberjacks would be trolls. Although most lacking proper equipment, they can try to chip away at the big trees, but laziness will mainly make them go after saplings.

I Cut down trees, I wear high heels, suspenders and a bra! Not lacking proper Equiptment at all :wink:

But in the words of spike milligan:

"Stop Stop! Let us Pray, y'ay he commith to us like the seeds of a grave ..." *Notices everyone has left*

MaHuD said:
So how would you describe the small trees that can't die to trolls? :O

52nd born and bred?

crazyJoe said:
Its not that their are not allot of big regiments. Just the lack of commitment to some regiments is astonishing. So we usually only get like 8 people out of 30.

lol like in my reg out of about 40 people only about 15 come on and attend trainings and linebattles.

LORD SCHULZIE said:
crazyJoe said:
Its not that their are not allot of big regiments. Just the lack of commitment to some regiments is astonishing. So we usually only get like 8 people out of 30.

lol like in my reg out of about 40 people only about 15 come on and attend trainings and linebattles.

we have 20, yet the same 8 people show up to the training ans linebattles

lFortune said:
4chan das poet

Also@Kator, for 51st not showing up much, it's probably cause we barely play on the official servers. We still get good attendances and all during trainings. It's just lazy season atm. Very, very lazy...*melts away in chair*

Back
Top Bottom