Is it just me or...

Users who are viewing this thread

Was really interesting in picking this up, but after viewing a ton of playthrough, this game appears to only be like 20% done. I get that it's early access but it's really far from fleshed out for reasons mentioned all over these forums. Does anyone know how much more the devs plan on building this? It seems a year or so from complete honestly.

It's going to be a while before this game feels "complete". Snowballing tends to come and go depending on what they try with new patches, children system is a placeholder, perks functionality is gradually being introduced, AI is lacking and will be reworked at some point. If you are on the fence I would recommend that you wait (and probably wait for a sale).

Thanks for your input, I'm a college student so I try to be frugal with my gaming expenses. Hopefully by the Steam Summer Sale or something these things will be addressed.

Those don't seem to address the rampant snowballing or issues with inheritance, which seem very major from what I've seen.
My humble personal opinion is that snowballing at least in 1.3 has been fixed (as i have seen during my playthroughs) and many features will be ready before the end of EA.
I still have my concerns and issues about the game but overall i think at least with this simple roadmap we know what to except.
I am positive overall regarding the game and its prospects, but if you feel that the game may not be aligned with your expectations, then wait for a year.

Was really interesting in picking this up, but after viewing a ton of playthrough, this game appears to only be like 20% done. I get that it's early access but it's really far from fleshed out for reasons mentioned all over these forums. Does anyone know how much more the devs plan on building this? It seems a year or so from complete honestly.
They said it will be in EA for at least year so it seems your impression is accurate.

80/20 rule.

80% of the work has been done, and that produces 20% of the finished product. The remaining 20% of the work will produce the missing 80% of the finished experience.

Taken literally, that would mean 2 years of EA rather than the estimated 1. It's just a rule of thumb of course...

Back
Top Bottom