Is it just me or is the combat AI of soldiers really bad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Practically all my little tweaks published on nexus have RBM compatibility, I don't play without it enabled; I recommend it whenever I have the chance.

I just tried RBM a day or so ago. I started with a couple custom battles and you are right, it makes a huge difference!

Then I tried it with game saves using 1.7.0, but it ended up crashing during OoB when I was trying to separate archers from HA.
Have you been using it with 1.7.0? with game saves or did you start a whole new campaign?

I just tried RBM a day or so ago. I started with a couple custom battles and you are right, it makes a huge difference!

Then I tried it with game saves using 1.7.0, but it ended up crashing during OoB when I was trying to separate archers from HA.
Have you been using it with 1.7.0? with game saves or did you start a whole new campaign?
it makes a huge difference! Yes? .
---
Maybe you could hang out in the discord channel, I mean Philozoraptor and Marnah (the creators) are both willing to solve doubts, comment bugs, take feedback, etc...

I personally haven't had this happen to me, that's why I recommend you to visit that channel in their bugs section, maybe someone has witnessed it.

https://discord.gg/59rMXRJ

it makes a huge difference! Yes? .
---
Maybe you could hang out in the discord channel, I mean Philozoraptor and Marnah (the creators) are both willing to solve doubts, comment bugs, take feedback, etc...

I personally haven't had this happen to me, that's why I recommend you to visit that channel in their bugs section, maybe someone has witnessed it.

https://discord.gg/59rMXRJ
Thanks for the info...I'll have to visit it in the near future...

I'm gonna be honest, I just don't see the problem with the AI on this. Orders work well enough, if I get charged by cavalry and I need my infantry to distract theirs, I'm just gonna do it like in the old days and tell them to hold position on the enemy, then using the advance order when they actually come into contact. Making the cavalry engage their respective wings is a bit of a hassle, but I can't really shake my fists at the AI seeking refuge in their infantry when they lose. I don't see the issue of skirmishes between two lords taking just 2 minutes if you know what you are doing, and battles between armies are only cut short when I'm ko'd and I'm fast forwarding to the end.

It's definitely a gameplay changer as far as in-mission battles is concerned; it's a different philosophy I'd say.

Practically all my little tweaks published on nexus have RBM compatibility, I don't play without it enabled; I recommend it whenever I have the chance.

It's really fortunate that RBM exists, but it's sad that what the game offers by default doesn't pass the mark with something as basic and fundamental as the combat system.
So I tried it, and holy hell it is amazing. It totally addresses my issue in the OP. Awesome job @Philozoraptor!

The balance is kinda warped now mostly because of the armor buffs, so I might consider tweaking those. Also it's way too cheap to upgrade troops now if they end up becoming such tanky behemoths.

I'm wondering, is there also a comparable mod for the economy? Basically a total overhaul that makes it realistic and interesting :razz:

I tried RBM a week ago and it definitely changes the whole game, battles are awesome as they should always have been, with the new set up phase it is great as you can actually circle formations and use tactics... on the vanilla version every fight is over in 1 minute...

What's really sad is to see a group of infantry walking BACKWARDS into an enemy formation, facing away from them in order to present shields toward the lone horse archer 50 yards away.

Back
Top Bottom