SP - General Is it just me or are the tournament rewards almost always helmets now?

Users who are viewing this thread

I thought I was going crazy when I started seeing that glad Im not alone, also their not even that good of helmets cause I can buy a better one in any city so plz let me when some armor which is impossible to find.

Totally different experience for me in the Beta:

Chest, shoulder, and mounts quite frequently

this last save the first 2 prizes I got were body armor

Last edited:
I rarerly get mounts too. But mostly cheap helmets. Why they cant still fix the items I dont get it. The game ultimately became boring because I still fight wearing a cheap medium armor even though I'm rich. Markets sucks and tournaments dont offer much.

In e1.0.7 patch it was stated that rewards were changed, reward prize was capped and they should be random:
"Tournament maximum bet amount is reduced to 150 from 300 and odds for the player are now reducing after each tournament win. Max odds are increased to 3 from 2.* Tournament prizes pool now includes all items (weapons, armour, and horses only) which have a value between 250-2000 (average 500)."

Before beta I attended tournaments very often and had different prizes, but got the same ones often too.
Maybe you just weren't too lucky.

Also I never had one body armor as a reward, so not exactly all items are included. But maybe a body armor, which costs 2000 or less is just trash, that's why it was excluded from prizes.

Last edited:
It should be noted that in the Beta right now, it caps at a 4-1 payout, and if there are heavy hitters still floating in the 2nd round, I’ve gotten that 4-1 payout for two rounds in a row

After the latest patches in beta, I started a new campaign (didn't test the old saves), and now bets are even more profitable, than at the start of EA and prizes are much different, I even got a body armor useful for the start of the game. It's the first time I got a body armor from a tournament and I participated near 100 times :smile:
Also I never had one body armor as a reward, so not exactly all items are included. But maybe a body armor, which costs 2000 or less is just trash, that's why it was excluded from prizes.

I've got some armor pieces, nothing great, also a camel, some low level swords, an axe, but for the most part helmets, like in 4 out of 5 tournament I got an helmet, in the range of 20-25 head armor

I've recorded the rewards I've encoutered during a new playthrough

over 32 tournaments the rewards where:
- Helmets: 18 (56,25%)
- Body Armors: 3 (9,38%)
- Capes: 2 (6,25%)
- 1H Swords: 2 (6,25%)
- 1H Maces: 2 (6,25%)
- Polearms: 1 (3,13%)
- 1H Axes: 1 (3,13%)
- 2H Axes: 1 (3,13%)
- Horses: 1 (3,13%)

as of now I've been only in Empire, Aserai and Vlandia towns, I don't know if the culture of the towns can affect the rewards (maybe a bit), for the record I've counted the tournaments per culture:
- Empire: 17 (53,13%)
- Vlandia: 6 (18,75%)
- Aserai: 9 (28,13%)

I had gotten multiple helmets from all of the 3 cultures, here is the number of helmets per culture:
- Empire: 10 (58,82%)
- Vlandia: 5 (83,33%)
- Aserai: 3 (33,33%)

And here is the full list in chronological order
01 Helmet Jalmarys
02 Helmet Galend
03 Helmet Jaculan
04 Helmet Sargot
05 Helmet Rhotae
06 Helmet Amitatys
07 Helmet Poros
08 Armor Lycaron
09 Helmet Zeonica
10 Armor Jalmarys
11 Polearm Sargot
12 Helmet Rhotae
13 Cape Rhotae
14 Cape Lageta
15 Helmet Sargot
16 1H Axe Quyaz
17 1HSword Qasira
18 1H Mace Hubyar
19 Helmet Husn Fulq
20 Helmet Danustica
21 Helmet Phycaon
22 Helmet Lycaron
23 Armor Amitatys
24 1HSword Myzea
25 Gloves Onira
26 Helmet Danustica
27 Helmet Husn Fulq
28 1H Mace Iyakis
29 Helmet Qasira
30 2H Axe Sanala
31 Horse Quyaz
32 Helmet Sargot

Yeah, I don't bother with tournaments anymore. In an early update I got a sword called "The Ambassador" as a reward for my first win. Awesome. But since, tournaments are so not fun/rewarding I just don't bother with that part of the game anymore.

So Devs, please hear me out. Please make tournaments more rewarding by implementing:

1. Better rewards - this is probably obvious but the best tourneys I have player were ones for things like special horses, named weapons, etc. I would like to see a. named items return, b. more rare mounts, and c. genuinely unique items become available at tourneys, e.g. a crafted sword with a unique look/stats. I also think the items won should be powerful, not just things you can get for relatively cheap on the market.

2. More difficulty - I've been using an exploit to win tourneys (especially the sword and shield ones in Imperial towns) where I circle my enemy and spam the right-side, horizontal swing attack. For some reason enemies seem hesitant to attack back, so I am free to aim swings towards their heads until they're down. It's fun to win, but it's not as fun to be able to cheat your way through so easily. The reason I advocate for a difficult increase is, I think it'd make the whole experience more rewarding. The first tourney I won (prior to finding the exploit), my heart was pounding and I called my partner to tell her (lol). It was amazing. I felt I had earned it.

I'm just asking y'all to give other players that experience by making the tourneys feel like a challenge, and rewarding them like they really earned something. That's my idea of fun.

i think they take a random item out of the market at a capped, and considering the prices of equipment, extremely narrow range of value, 250-2000. my guess is there is just more helmets than other things at those prices. you would also likely get more variety in the larger cities that have more items to pull from. hopefully this is just a placeholder system.

Back
Top Bottom