Is it even viable to level scout/rogue/surgeon on your main character?

Users who are viewing this thread

Is that actually how it works, is it confirmed?
I'm asking because I had no trouble lvling up some skills from scratch even at lvl 30+, provided I had the attribute points to push the learning limit away.
well watch your learning rate before you level up and see that it does reduce learning rate after you level up. Maybe for some skills it's not an issue, like steward, but some skills already level up slow enough without that penalty... so for example, I definitely shouldn't level smithing on my character anymore, because even though it gives you 1 vigor and 1 endurance attribs, you actually lower your learning rate from all the level ups you do through leveling smithing, making other skills slower to learn...

It shouldn't but IT DOES :sad:

I know you said this before and I haven't tested it but I still have a very hard time believing that is how it works... I mean once you reach your limit, it shouldn't... but if it is so then I do really hope it will be fixed

It shouldn't but IT DOES :sad:

actually I want to retract that statement, I think it's a good idea to level up by doing actions even if you reached the hard cap. Leveling up is good, gives us more focus points and attributes. The only issue here is the reduced learning rate after said level-up. If that would be removed, everything would be great

actually I want to retract that statement, I think it's a good idea to level up by doing actions even if you reached the hard cap. Leveling up is good, gives us more focus points and attributes. The only issue here is the reduced learning rate after said level-up. If that would be removed, everything would be great
I agree that's the main problem. I think they could do without actual caps too, just have skills be ultra slow with no FP and reasonably paced the more you you put in FP. I feel like the whole process is just so long that it's silly to worry about capping or gating progress, especially since the character even dies too.

I actually like the hard caps. They force you to actually make decisions about your character's attributes instead of letting you just grind through anything to get max skills.

I actually like the hard caps. They force you to actually make decisions about your character's attributes instead of letting you just grind through anything to get max skills.
yes that's what I've been beginning to think too, actually... planning ahead sure is nice. So the only real baddie for me right now is the reduced exp upon level-up, + some really slow-to-level skills. I mean without removing hard caps, you can still have a support set of skills to max, and if you then go endurance you also get some extra attributes for combat. It's really nice, but really need to remove the mentioned culprit and adjust everything a little...

HOWEVER on recent games of 1.5.8 and 1.5.9 scouting seems much slower for me, not sure if it's just luck of if something is off (possible not as many tracks?) so I don't know if I will be getting uncanny insight on these playthroughs, even with 10 cunning.
Yeah something seems off. It's been taking me an awful long time to level up Scouting lately with new characters. Granted I usually don't put a lot into a Cunning (Maybe 3-4) but even with 2-3 Focus Points I'll be lucky to be at 25 Scouting by end of the first year.

It's never been a fast level up for me, but seems slower lately, IDK.

You can actually kinda-sorta get it to work that way by creating an army of your companion's parties. They'll draw loot from successful army battles at the same rate as a battle they won alone and anything above 5000 denars to their name goes into your pocket.
But I won't get to keep those nice pieces?

Sometimes you can get the hardened versions which are nice.

Roguery feels a little faster actually, Got a level 13 in sandbox mode with 3 cunning and 2 focus points and 37 skill mostly from ransoming looters and maybe 2 village raids, Slow yeah but the ticks feel like they are coming faster than in my last game where I was up around 70.

Scouting is only 29 with 3 focus points but I've never focused it on my main char so waiting to see if it picks up like it did for my wanderer scout once I get more skill going.

Medicine is real nice to have some of at least, Previous game was shooting for at least 50 for the perks and was 140ish the last I looked, slow but like the others once you have got enough skill to actually get more wounded instead of dead it picks up .. slightly but its real nice to have. Looks like I'm at 40 med with only 3 int and 2 focus in it on the new game not sure if that's faster or about the same.

Back
Top Bottom