Is having lords worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread

rounicarus

Recruit
Welp, I made myself king of norway... I got a crack army of hardened veterans together and took the whole swath of land and managed to button the whole thing down. After a few months of trying I have garrisons in all castles and the only thing I have to worry about is the constant invasions from the other side of the planet... I mean damn, i chose norway to be isolated from the rest of the world, but then irish lords keep coming over and trying to sack villages... Does this make sense? I think not...

So what I ended up doing was putting all the lords in the dungeon and denying their ransoms because they keep coming back with 30 men and they need to learn a damn lesson... There are about a dozen of them now... Three of them came to my court and became vassals. In past experience they dont actually do anything for you. I would just like verification, if I give them villages will they actually act to protect the kingdom while im away? Its almost always those three villages right by the landing that are under constant attack, so if i give those to lords will they take care of it for me so i dont have to?

This game really pisses me off for all the 'you have to do everything yourself' nonsense, i mean, i dont have to harvest the grain myself, i dont have to lead trade caravans myself, i dont have to row the ores of the ships by myself, so why cant i just pay someone to do all the recruiting and training and defending so i can actually appreciate the fact that i have land and income...

are you trying on purpose to piss me off? you say virtually nothing, and <what I choose to respond with is pure vitriol, and thus worthless>
Ignoring posts you find worthless to your question is much better. Keep your common courtesy-lacking remarks to yourself if you have some.

P.S. Warband section is barely alive and there are no users to respond to new topics, so you may be better off browsing through existing threads to find answers to your questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
are you trying on purpose to piss me off? you say virtually nothing, and <what I choose to respond with is pure vitriol, and thus worthless>
Keep your comments to yourself if you cant be positive.

Ignoring posts you find worthless to your question is much better. Keep your common courtesy-lacking remarks to yourself if you have some.

P.S. Warband section is barely alive and there are no users to respond to new topics, so you may be better off browsing through existing threads to find answers to your questions.
right back at you, if you dont like the things i say you <are free to say so in this public space, provided you are more respectful about it than I have been>

you literally have nothing to say <but it's still better than anything I have contributed to the conversation beyond my first post>
Your complaining about an issue ingame and my response to you was that it creates more content. Now your just insulting people. WHATS YOUR PROBLEM BRO

Inappropriate behavior, have you tried breathing today?
Your complaining about an issue ingame and my response to you was that it creates more content. Now your just insulting people. WHATS YOUR PROBLEM BRO
"mOrE cOnteNt tHe BetTeR!" you are so <moderate in your response to my seething hatred, I appreciate that>... liabilities and wasted money are not content, like adding lense flares as special effects, but <rather than explain my position in detail I'm just going to continue raging at the void>

<BEHOLD MY ALL-CAPS RANTING>

its clear you <have handled this situation better than I have, so I'm going to take a 3-day break from this forum and maybe find a healthier outlet for my frustration>

Back
Top Bottom