Is floris a overwrite of native?

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't understand.

Playing in "offline mode" while still requiring an active internet connection seems rather counter-productive to me. What's the point of that?

I don't understand.

Playing in "offline mode" while still requiring an active internet connection seems rather counter-productive to me. What's the point of that?

You need the connection to set the game to offline mode, after that, you can play offline.  So, basically, you have to foresee the loss of connection to the internet, or just keep your games in offline mode all the time.  And I agree, that is counter-productive.  You get the message that you can't connect to Steam, do you want to play in offline mode. You click the option for offline mode, then get a following message that you need to connect to Steam to set offline mode, then Steam will make sure your game is the most updated version, then allow it to be played in offline mode. 

He is using an illegal copy obviously, hence the comment. Even the illegal copies can go online they just can't connect to multiplayer games.

As an aside, steam is not required for any of the mount and blade games. To get your non steam copy, open up your steam library and right click on the mount and blade game of your choice. Then select view cd key and copy it down. this cd key can then be added to your taleworlds profile and will allow you to download copy straight from the developer.

He is using an illegal copy obviously, hence the comment. Even the illegal copies can go online they just can't connect to multiplayer games.

It may be wise of you not to make accusations such as this.  Someone with the resources, could find your real identity and sue you for slander.

I'm not running any illegal copies.  I bought Warbands through Steam.  If you aren't already in offline mode and you try to play the game with no internet connection, you will get a message that says you have to into offline mode first.  When you try to go into offline mode with no internet connection, you get a message that states you need to connect to Steam to verify the game is updated, before activating offline mode.

As an aside, steam is not required for any of the mount and blade games. To get your non steam copy, open up your steam library and right click on the mount and blade game of your choice. Then select view cd key and copy it down. this cd key can then be added to your taleworlds profile and will allow you to download copy straight from the developer.

This is good information to have.  I'll do this, then my connection to Steam for Warbands will be severed.  Do you know if it can be done with other games, as well?  I also play Civ V very often, and have the same problem of having to connect through Steam.

sidhos said:

This is good information to have.  I'll do this, then my connection to Steam for Warbands will be severed.  Do you know if it can be done with other games, as well?  I also play Civ V very often, and have the same problem of having to connect through Steam.

It depends on the developer whether they provide this option. Some will, some won't, and taleworlds has provide the option to use the cd key to register your game here at there website so you can download a non steam version straight from them. Off the top of my head the only other developer I know who did something like that was CDProject with their witcher games, you could register the games at gog.com to have an alternate backup download location. Not sure if that was a limited time offer or not.

Thanks Arikel.  After your post, I used my CD key to get the download from Taleworlds.  I lost my internet connection for a few days, awhile back, and didn't realize how many of my games are dependent on Steam until then. 

Glad I could help. I prefer www.gog.com for my old school stuff, which are drm free, but if you want something new or AAA as they call it, you need steam generally.

Just looking on that page and seeing Sacrifice made me nostalgic. I played the heck out of that game back in the day. lol

The line of Might & Magic games (not Heroes of, but the original ones), and the original Master of Orion, have cost me, probably a year or two of my life.  :roll:

Arikel said:
Glad I could help. I prefer www.gog.com for my old school stuff, which are drm free, but if you want something new or AAA as they call it, you need steam generally.

OH MY GOD! THEY HAVE INTERPLAY INCLUDING CASTLES 1 and 2!!!!!!!!!!!

Arikel.... i love you man seriously

Back
Top Bottom