Is floris a overwrite of native?

Users who are viewing this thread

General Darius

Sergeant
If so I highly recommend you make that clear as I just installed it and cannot find the installed folder of floris. I am slightly angry that if I wish to play true native ill now have to reinstall mount and blade to clear your files out and get mine back (yes i know with steam i can delete all files but the mod files and do a validation but thats a pita to even do.

when you start up the game, the window allows you to choose "native" or "floris mod blah blah blah" with the dropdown list thingie. with that, you can switch between Native and other mods.

And you can uninstall it by going into the Modules folder of your MNB Warband folder. there will be a uninstaller there. and the files for floris are there too

A picture of how to select Floris if installed right
gApeX.jpg
(And if installed it should look something like this: Steam\Steamapps\common\Mount&BladeWarband\Modules\Floris Basic/Gameplay/Expanded 2.54 or Program files\Mount&BladeWarband\Modules\Floris Basic/Gameplay/Expanded 2.54 )If it does not look like any of these,you did something wrong

ah so the install did NOT work as intended then

I did an install and it said it installed correctly however the mod is missing entirely

but alot of my warband main item type stuff has been written over

so the install glitched and destroyed my game =/

your game is saved in your documents folder, so it didn't destroy anything.  Just install them again.  It's up to you to ensure it is installing to the correct directory when it pops up.

You play with Steam... Then you have the same problem as me. the default foler chosen by the installer isn't the good one. Here is the good path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\mountblade warband\Modules

i know i did that pathway

it for some reason switched its path to the native folder under the mods

i fixed it though by renaming it to floris and validating to get the original native redownloaded

Yeah I second the OP.  The installer is NOT working properly.  It did the same thing to me AND I was darn sure that I told it go to the right place, and it went where it wanted to go (which was to overwrite native).  I happened to read this BEFORE I installed, while waiting for the download, so I'm 100 percent that I sent it to the modules folder, but it ignored that.

I don't think it is a bug in the auto-installer of Floris, but a problem of Steam. Steam isn't really Mod friendly and it sometimes leads to errors during installation and update.

Yeah I see where you're coming from. After going through the process of installing mods on Rome: Total War through steam I have not been a fan either. Not mod friendly in the slightest.

steam has never dmged any mods ive dealt with and i have 12 or so mods (not all up to date unfortunately) on M&B

first time a mod was harmed by steam IF that was the case but steam was not updating the mod during installation

I've never had a problem installing mods and have Steam.  You'll have to manually install to the right path and that can be hard to find with Steam, but once you find where the game actually is, the rest is easy.

I don't like Steam because we don't actually buy the games from them.  We buy access to the game, through them, which is a crock.  If I buy a game that doesn't need an internet connection for single-player play, then I expect to have just that, but with Steam, you better be online.  Even the off-line mode has to be initiated while online, so if you lose connection to the internet or connection to Steam for some unforeseen reason, you are screwed and can't play the games you BOUGHT.

I've never had a problem installing mods and have Steam.  You'll have to manually install to the right path and that can be hard to find with Steam, but once you find where the game actually is, the rest is easy.

I definitely had the right path and this isn't my first rodeo with downloading mods to games that are in my Steam folder.  You are right for the first-timer, though, it can be difficult to find.

no, you can go offline even if you log in without internet. They will tell you that you failed to connect, then give you an option to go offline. but no achivements and stuff i think

I don't want to claim, that I'm 100% sure, that this is a steam related bug. But I'm quite certain, since I and over 100 others that I know have installed Floris (without steam) and the installer has never overwritten the Native module. If you take into consideration all the other bugs, errors or problems related to steam that have been posted in this board, I think, your description of the problem strongly suggests that the problem is a steam related one.

no, you can go offline even if you log in without internet. They will tell you that you failed to connect, then give you an option to go offline. but no achivements and stuff i think

Nope.  Give it a try sometime.  Disconnect your internet connection, then try to set your games  to offline mode. It can't be done. The choice will appear, but when you choose "play in offline mode", you get the message that you need to connect to Steam to go to offline mode.  You have to set to offline mode while you are connected, then you can play after that point in time, without internet, if you don't reconnect for an update or such, at some point. 

So, if a router goes down between you and Steam, and you hadn't previously gone to offline mode, then you don't have your games that you thought you bought.  Needless to say, I won't buy another one that requires, or through,  Steam. 

Back
Top Bottom