Is divorce allowed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Everyone in here is really eager to murder their significant other just so they could remarry and bed their way to a comfy new castle with lush fields around it...
Why not take a fun day to reinvigorate your relationship by burning those fields, conquering the castle and putting the garrison to the sword? Nothing rekindles love like burning peasant huts.
On the other hand, don't you wish normal marriages work that way. I have married Ira a couple times in a couple run throughs, shouldn't that give me legitimate claim to the Southern Empire when Rhagaea dies or gets killed in battle? Wouldn't it be amazing if Rhagaea dying triggered an event for the player where, no matter which faction the player was a part of, he immediately had an option to lead a Southern Empire faction in a succession war for leadership of the Southern Empire.

Honestly it is missing stuff like this that makes Bannerlord feel hollow and shallow.

Why can't we arrange a marriage for ourselves? This could be by paying a large payment in money, influence, or property.
Not sure what you mean. I am pretty sure you can do this. I mean aside from going to the potential spouse yourself there is an dialog option when talking with the Clan Leader that says something about cementing a relationship through marriage. I also took this to mean that if you had enough relationship with a clan leader, you could go directly to them and ask them to arrange a marriage with one of the single Clan Members without actually taking to the spouse. I haven't tried this but I assumed that was the whole point of that dialog option.

Not sure what you mean. I am pretty sure you can do this. I mean aside from going to the potential spouse yourself there is an dialog option when talking with the Clan Leader that says something about cementing a relationship through marriage. I also took this to mean that if you had enough relationship with a clan leader, you could go directly to them and ask them to arrange a marriage with one of the single Clan Members without actually taking to the spouse. I haven't tried this but I assumed that was the whole point of that dialog option
I have never got the option for my own character. Just for my family members. I'd like the option to skip the whole dialog gamble if you have enough money or influence.

I married off my brother early on & his wife produced 2 children very quickly; I later got a devoted 20 year old wife & despite many overnight stays she hasn't got pregnant yet ; I would like to have some children ; if not will my brothers children take over?

I married off my brother early on & his wife produced 2 children very quickly; I later got a devoted 20 year old wife & despite many overnight stays she hasn't got pregnant yet ; I would like to have some children ; if not will my brothers children take over?
Your siblings and their children are eligible heirs. Almost anyone in your clan -- including companions -- is eligible. The only exceptions are children (under 1:cool:.

Why not enable the " recruitment " of several wives, anyway ?
We are trying to build our own clan, after all.
It would be appropriately immersive re the evident Aserai and Khuzait cultures, at least.
How would such a feature impact your game ? Some might enjoy playing this card, others might prefer the sole wife ( Vlandian? ) model.
It could not be a worse "exploit" than swinging a menavlion from the saddle, cavalry baseball - style ( " Mount and Bat ", anyone ? ).
And as for mistresses, and their bastards ..........
So, why not ? ( Too much work, and not core, I guess. Wait for a mod ........ ).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom