Is divorce allowed?

Users who are viewing this thread

There are no mechanics in the game that would enable that. I guess you could make your partner a party leader and send them into battle with the hopes of them dying, but that is about it.
Are you saying there is nothing like assassination at all? Or just not for use against people like your spouse?

There are no mechanics in the game that would enable that. I guess you could make your partner a party leader and send them into battle with the hopes of them dying, but that is about it.
Is it possible to marry the king's son, wait until the old king dies, pass it on to his own son, and then the husband is killed to seize the throne and become the queen?

Everyone in here is really eager to murder their significant other just so they could remarry and bed their way to a comfy new castle with lush fields around it...
Why not take a fun day to reinvigorate your relationship by burning those fields, conquering the castle and putting the garrison to the sword? Nothing rekindles love like burning peasant huts.

We can execute prisoners, though, yeah?

Is it possible to arbitrarily arrest people if you are powerful enough / kingdom laws allow it?
I feel that a lot of people compare bannerlord to ck2, and as cool as it would be for bannerlord to have as many options as ck2 does, I don't think it'll be anywhere near as flexible. The only way to "arrest" someone, I would assume would be to defeat whatever host they were attached to, and then take them prisoner.

I feel that a lot of people compare bannerlord to ck2, and as cool as it would be for bannerlord to have as many options as ck2 does, I don't think it'll be anywhere near as flexible. The only way to "arrest" someone, I would assume would be to defeat whatever host they were attached to, and then take them prisoner.

This!

Anyone walking into Bannerlord and expecting gameplay similar to CK is going to be sorely disappointed. Mount & Blade games put more of an emphasis on the action, i.e. being a soldier stood on the battlefield fighting alongside your troops in the thick of the action. The new clan and children features in the game are there purely to support the core mechanics and add additional layers to the game.

Gotta say I also had that wrong expectation when thinking about SP, I always found the idea of a mix between M&B and CK to be greatly appealing. I'll still give SP a try though when EA is out, maybe mods will cover that in the future.

I wasn't quite expecting CK levels of scheming, it's not feasible. But it seems like a waste for such a setting to not include any of those kind of features.

I guess we'll see once we play. Maybe the planned things like rebellions and inheritance will be enough.

This!

Anyone walking into Bannerlord and expecting gameplay similar to CK is going to be sorely disappointed. Mount & Blade games put more of an emphasis on the action, i.e. being a soldier stood on the battlefield fighting alongside your troops in the thick of the action. The new clan and children features in the game are there purely to support the core mechanics and add additional layers to the game.

Callum with all due respect, I don't think you reflect Armagan's ideas right now. Because I am sure he dreams a game deep as it goes. Today you are not on the same lane with CK2 for sure. But your roads are aligned.

Last edited:
Callum with all due respect, I don't think you reflect Armagan's ideas right now. Because I am sure he dreams a game deep as it goes. Today you are not on the same lane with CK2 for sure. But your roads are aligned.
Well dreaming is different than truth. Game is not like ck, and that is the truth. However you can't say that callum isn't dreaming of a game that is as deep as it goes.

Honestly I am very shocked it isn't available in the game because of one simple mechanic that IS in the game. Infertility. This game is supposed have a multi-generational aspect to it but if you happen to marry a spouse who is infertile or possibly becomes infertile due to a late marriage, how the hell are you suppose to have any sort of multi-generational gameplay?

I mean I am all for realism but if you want the realism of infertility, you have to add alternative ways to produce a heir. Historically, Rules often divorced if their wives did not conceive in a reasonable amount of time. Alternatively they would sire bastards and if not official heir came about, would adopt their bastards into the royal family. Other rules had harems or multiple consorts in addition to their official wives. A heir is a must and you must do what it took to ensure the line of succession. That is the reality of it.

So if we are going to have infertility, we have to have alternate way to produce a heir. We need to be able to divorce and find a new, fertile wife or be able to have bastards with our companions (I like this idea fyi) or occasional have a bastard show up in a city you visited at some time in the past or multiples wives or something to ensure you have at least one heir before you die. The other option is to remove infertility (and maybe even stillbirth) to ensure a heir is conceived and born.

You know society's ****ed when even in a game people fantasize about divorcing, lol. Why marry her in the first place? Getting that ultra expensive armor, ain't that so? Hope that's going to be fixed; I do agree with the argument about infertility though, and also having children with your companions would be cool. I want to be able to play as a commoner and marry a commoner, a companion, a villager, the THICC bar-maid. Not everyone wants to be royalty...

A feature where you could get to know a random NPC (a random villager that's walking around), and then that villager "gains a name", and you can romance them or even hire them as companion, would be really cool. Would breathe a lot more life into the world.

Honestly I am very shocked it isn't available in the game because of one simple mechanic that IS in the game. Infertility. This game is supposed have a multi-generational aspect to it but if you happen to marry a spouse who is infertile or possibly becomes infertile due to a late marriage, how the hell are you suppose to have any sort of multi-generational gameplay?
Infertility was removed at some point. But even if you married an infertile spouse, you still have your nieces and nephews to choose from, assuming you married off your brothers.

Ok, even if you can't remarry, can you marry npcs who were widowed?
You can remarry and you can marry widows.

I mean I am all for realism but if you want the realism of infertility, you have to add alternative ways to produce a heir. Historically, Rules often divorced if their wives did not conceive in a reasonable amount of time. Alternatively they would sire bastards and if not official heir came about, would adopt their bastards into the royal family. Other rules had harems or multiple consorts in addition to their official wives. A heir is a must and you must do what it took to ensure the line of succession. That is the reality of it.

So if we are going to have infertility, we have to have alternate way to produce a heir. We need to be able to divorce and find a new, fertile wife or be able to have bastards with our companions (I like this idea fyi) or occasional have a bastard show up in a city you visited at some time in the past or multiples wives or something to ensure you have at least one heir before you die. The other option is to remove infertility (and maybe even stillbirth) to ensure a heir is conceived and born.
How about this? day 1: your mc stumbles and brakes his neck. game over.
It is historically correct that people stumble and it would be realistic.

Back
Top Bottom