Is divorce allowed?

Users who are viewing this thread

This could be interesting, but I don't want it to be too easy, or it will take away the weight of the decision to marry. It's also a valid question as to how it would affect property and how the gender of the player character would affect it. Also custody of children has generally in the past been given to the man, as they were first and foremost his heirs, so what would happen if the player character was female? Would she lose her children? If so that would make it a tremendously heavy choice.

Different cultures have also had different approaches to ending marriages. In Catholic Europe it was basically impossible to get a divorce, only an annulment, while Roman civil law and Islamic law had provisions for divorce that either party could initiate. I recall reading that Norse women could also obtain a divorce freely. Some cultural differences would be exciting to play with.

I'm also curious about whether one can have extra-marital relationships, like mistresses, handsome young lovers, etc.

It would also be interesting if ladies can be captured and executed like lords, for example when you successfully siege a castle where ladies live.

I imagine you would acquire a mortal enemy when you do that

Just blind and/or castrate your spouse. Byzantine feels. I don't have a smiling Basil....

(If the Empire don't have the option to blind captives I will be a sad).

Fsc4g.jpg

Yea but she'll take half your castles and estates
I think half of the property should be divided as the price of divorce, but not including the fiefdoms. The custody of the children should be borne by the father.

If the player plays in a female role, then the child custody belongs to the female role played by the player

Can you execute, assassinate or outright murder your wife/husband if you want to take advantage by re-marrying into royal bloodlines if such opportunity presents itself?

There are no mechanics in the game that would enable that. I guess you could make your partner a party leader and send them into battle with the hopes of them dying, but that is about it.

There are no mechanics in the game that would enable that. I guess you could make your partner a party leader and send them into battle with the hopes of them dying, but that is about it.
Oh well... could you consider bringing this for suggestion to the development team? I think otherwise we have to rely on mods, when this is crucial to the gameplay?! Another example is to send your wife to some nun school, seek authority to break marriage from faction leader, with hefty reputation/honor loss.

Regards

Oh well... could you consider bringing this for suggestion to the development team? I think otherwise we have to rely on mods, when this is crucial to the gameplay?! Another example is to send your wife to some nun school, seek authority to break marriage from faction leader, with hefty reputation/honor loss.

Regards

I will forward the idea to the campaign team.

Thank you very much for your answer, can I remarry if my wife / husband is killed?

Yes.

[...] I guess you could make your partner a party leader and send them into battle with the hopes of them dying...

That's how to properly do it anyway. No blame can be assigned to you when there technically isn't crime.

Another interesting thought. If it's possible to remarry after your spouse's death, it should be possible to marry an old, wealthy widow for her titles and wait for her to die. Unless you generally don't get any lands of the partner's clan.

Back
Top Bottom