Is chambering going to remain useless? Why no dev has answered to this before??

Users who are viewing this thread

Revverie

Chambering was an important mechanic in Warband and I don't seem to understand why it isn't present in Bannerlord, at least not present as a viable an usable mechanic, it takes complexity away from the combat and makes it boring, I feel like I have less tools/mechanics to use in combat and it ends up being dull. Is there any reason why we're not seeing this mechanic work in the game now?

We will need to look at chambers at a later point. It would require a rework of all transition animations, or a whole new system. What's happening now is that we check if weapons are colliding, but (for swings) the profile/collision area of your weapons when transitioning is extremely flat, so its really hard to collide your weapon with an incoming one.

We will definitely look at it, but honestly will rather focus on other combat changes that are more urgent and require less resources to do.

TLDR, it is not a priority for them right now.

We will need to look at chambers at a later point. It would require a rework of all transition animations, or a whole new system. What's happening now is that we check if weapons are colliding, but (for swings) the profile/collision area of your weapons when transitioning is extremely flat, so its really hard to collide your weapon with an incoming one.

We will definitely look at it, but honestly will rather focus on other combat changes that are more urgent and require less resources to do.

This I cannot understand...this game is about fighting with several medieval or classic weapons like bows, swords and spears. That they work like the original or at least the model resembles the feeling of such a weapon immersive-wise should be paramount and yes, two weapons clashing should give a ringing sound and resemble a kind of block. The game has the potential for working swordsplay and fencing - if problem solved a big feature!

Back
Top Bottom