Is bootcamping my only hope? Mac

Users who are viewing this thread

willbbooks

Recruit
I only own mac computers, and normally I don’t run into too many problems with games, but I literally had this game in my steam shopping cart before I noticed it said windows only. Any chance this game will eventually release for Mac OS? Or is figuring out how to bootcamp windows my only hope for being able to experience this game?

I’d be surprised if the developers transition it to Mac soon or even ever. Making the game mac compatible would take time, which they currently don’t have since the game is in early access and they’re focused on fixing/updating it right now.

They’ve said they’re expecting to have it in early access for about a year, so I wouldn’t expect them to start to even look at a mac release until at least then.

if you’re fine waiting at least a year and likely several more then go ahead. Otherwise I’d suggest building a budget windows computer to run it, or trying to run a windows virtual machine on your mac. But that latter suggestion probably wouldn’t run it super well since it’s a virtual machine and not a physical one.

My experience is that Windows on your Mac via Bootcamp (a partition boot) is usually a better experience / performance than playing games directly on the Mac OS. If you use your Windows only for gaming, you can streamline it for that purpose. I personally like keeping my work and real-life stuff on my Mac partition and the gaming on the Windows partition.

These days, from what I can see, you can get a free and legal version of Windows.

Back
Top Bottom