Is balancing that important to the single player mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

When choosing between balancing and implementing new features, taleworld chose the former. But is balancing that important?
the current game has tons of functions that are not implemented, including many perks. I think fixing this is much more important than making player earn less money from caravan. I understand the economic system is hard to build. But it should not be the reason for it to become a black hole sucking most of your efforts at this time period. Not mention that some patches actually made the economic system more broken than before.
Secondly, deleting functions that cause trivial bugs does not seem wise to me. other games, in EA period tend to get more and more functions/features instead of getting fewer and fewer.
I am not sure if this is the feeling of majority of MB2 players. I just wish at least some old warband functions (like declares war) can be back. And I just wish to humbly ask taleworld, please try to implement those promised features first then do the balancing. Thank you for fixing those critical bugs so quickly and also for always hearing from the community.

I pretty sure they have teams on both, but adding new features takes more time.

Well for now it's all speculation because when it comes to what they are doing it's complete radio silence. Hell even the known issues list doesn't have some of the most discussed points. What we see, however, is that "team economy balance" has been way faster when it comes to implementing stuff, which throws people off because those same economy balances might be useless once new features are implemented. ESPECIALLY if they are being worked on by different teams that rely on us for playtesting.

balancing is important but focusing on balancing before the game is finished is plain stupid..

Yep, like I've said before.

Gamebreaking bugs > Content > Minor Bugs > Is everything working? > Okay now balance it.

Balancing the game before the majority of features are even implemented yet is just a giant waste of time because you'll just have to balance it again in the future. Prioritize getting everything working AND THEN balance it.

1 month since released ... players still cannot declare war or make peace in diplomatic (kingdom)option.

To declare war/make peace is a simple function, modders in nexus could easily make that function. I do not understand TW, why you wasting time and money in balancing? Small improvements in content would give you great credits as players desire them.

Balance for an issue that doesn't halt the players progress should be a low priority IMO. Kinda depends on how strict we define balancing though and some improvement/features could also serve as balancing. For instance, better trainer and surgery skills for lords and player would be a new addition but could also help the problem of lords having mostly recruits too often and players having to grind looters too often .

I think it's important to remember some types of balance may never happen, just like they never existed in warband. Swadian knights have more armor so they're better, period. Rhodok sharpshooters have higher base damage and armor and shield so they're the best ranged, by far. There's never an attempt to make factions or units equal in warband and it may be way to much to expect it Bannerlord too. ATM we overall problems though of infantry and cavalry just not blocking stuff and hitting stuff and that should improve....... I ****ing hope.

As far a money stuff..... that should be lowest priority because all our games right now are basically just test games.

Though I agree that feature implementation is more important, for the sake of bug fix, balancing can not be ignored. If most players are playing in the same way, bugs in other aspects of the game will be hard to be detected, which result in a slower bug fix progress

Contrary to popular belief, balance is just as important in single player games as well. Particularly weighing the "risk-to-reward" ratio, and "effort-to-results" ratio is of prime importance. If those factors are out of whack, then the very meaning of what a "game" is supposed to offer to the players, is diminished.

For example., imagine a "game" where you are spawned, walk for 2 seconds, and it immediately declares you the winner. Your only effort or risk involved with this game, is the fact that you pressed a key to walk for 2 seconds. Is this fun for anyone? Does it even qualify as a "game"?

Yes, this is an extremely exaggerated example, but in principle, this is essentially the end result of the claims that "single player doesn't need any balancing." Both the risk-to-reward and effort-to-results is totally out of whack, to the point where it demeans any player experience down to non-existence.

This is why there needs to be a balance between those who define their gaming experience solely in terms of overcoming challenges, and those who define their gaming experience solely as a process of gratification. There has to be a middle point between the two extremes of player preference, and that preference is only achieved through balancing.

Once the base game is balanced that way, then the individual is free to modify it to one's liking, and then nobody would care if the person makes it nightmarishly difficult, or makes it just boring cakewalk.

Yep, like I've said before.

Gamebreaking bugs > Content > Minor Bugs > Is everything working? > Okay now balance it.

Balancing the game before the majority of features are even implemented yet is just a giant waste of time because you'll just have to balance it again in the future. Prioritize getting everything working AND THEN balance it.
The number one gamebreaking issue is faction snowballing. So yes balancing should be top 1 priority right now

Basic features must go before balancing. Still not having basic diplomacy month after EA release is ridiculous.

They seem to be doing a little of both as they progress. Which is perfectly right and proper. Constant cycle of adding content, gathering feedback, and tweaking - until, gradually, the glorious whole begins to emerge with everything humming in perfectly synchronicity.

They seem to be doing a little of both as they progress. Which is perfectly right and proper. Constant cycle of adding content, gathering feedback, and tweaking - until, gradually, the glorious whole begins to emerge with everything humming in perfectly synchronicity.

Can you clarify, what content was added lately?

Back
Top Bottom