Is balancing that important to the single player mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

I know right? The saddest part of that is that's what everyone is worried about. M&B has a pretty long history of half-baked ideas and being an unfinished product that has to be fixed with mods. Not only do we want them to work on features before balance, we definitely don't want them to abandon the project before the core features are implemented.

The balancing itself isn't an issue in my opinion. A well adjusted system is always a good, solid base for new functions
However, I'm pretty :sad: about them adding nerfs at every corner to make sure players can't take the easy route.

The balancing itself isn't an issue in my opinion. A well adjusted system is always a good, solid base for new functions
However, I'm pretty :sad: about them adding nerfs at every corner to make sure players can't take the easy route.

I mean you could just use a cheat to give yourself millions of denars and all their economy nerfs would be pointless... another reason why Features > Balance.

I mean you could just use a cheat to give yourself millions of denars and all their economy nerfs would be pointless... another reason why Features > Balance.
Not quite. I'll admit, I greatly prefer games that let me cheese in peace as opposed to having to go and actually cheat. It feels very different.
Anyway, that's an excellent example as to why many balancing tweaks right now don't really help out. It only makes the game harder for those who want to be "honest, but not up for frustrating grinding"

Sure, but it's probably easier to add a new layer when the base is already working. Otherwise it's harder to tell where issues come from.

You also need to remember that people expect a playable game, even though it's early access. If you leave large areas of the game broken until it's feature complete there will probably be even more people complaining.

The case for balance before content is to make it playable now. The case for content before balance is to get closer to the full experience faster.

Personally, I've stopped playing because the features are incomplete and there is a severe lack of content.

Rebalancing will not bring me back, but the addition of further content and development of features will. Your experience may be different: perhaps you're happy with the content, and just want a tighter game.

The case for balance before content is to make it playable now. The case for content before balance is to get closer to the full experience faster.

Personally, I've stopped playing because the features are incomplete and there is a severe lack of content.

Rebalancing will not bring me back, but the addition of further content and development of features will. Your experience may be different: perhaps you're happy with the content, and just want a tighter game.

Content is very lacking, I am surprised about the lack of ideas regarding entering towns and villages. It has not changed at all.

But is balancing that important?
Yes, but:
When you balancing MP - your first priority is the things that are OP
When you balancing SP - your first priority is the things that are bad, inefficient.

Becouse in SP OP things doesnt hurt anyone and can make game fun
But a lot of underpowered things just cut variety from the game.

Buffs = adds new things, adds more ways to play.
Nerfs = doing nothing or only cuts a ways to play.

This is exactly why I’ve stopped playing. At launch the game was a broken mess, let’s be honest here. In the 1-2 weeks after they made it less of a broken mess... but barely. I had already done basically everything in the game after my first two playthroughs at that point during which I had already installed a dozen mods to make the game even remotely enjoyable (generally to counter changes that the devs themselves made).

Now literally the only thing I’m interested in is when they add new content, but I’m seriously cynical about how much they’re going to add considering we’re 1 month in and incredibly basic features like the declare war button still aren’t working. This is something that modders had not only fixed but expanded upon drastically with literally just access to a bunch of text files that they had to learn from scratch.

Majorly disappointed in the devs and if they come out with a M&B 3, I’m definitely waiting to buy it for the total overhaul mods to come out because I clearly didn’t realize what the actual competence level of TW is.

This is exactly why I’ve stopped playing. At launch the game was a broken mess, let’s be honest here. In the 1-2 weeks after they made it less of a broken mess... but barely. I had already done basically everything in the game after my first two playthroughs at that point during which I had already installed a dozen mods to make the game even remotely enjoyable (generally to counter changes that the devs themselves made).

Now literally the only thing I’m interested in is when they add new content, but I’m seriously cynical about how much they’re going to add considering we’re 1 month in and incredibly basic features like the declare war button still aren’t working. This is something that modders had not only fixed but expanded upon drastically with literally just access to a bunch of text files that they had to learn from scratch.

Majorly disappointed in the devs and if they come out with a M&B 3, I’m definitely waiting to buy it for the total overhaul mods to come out because I clearly didn’t realize what the actual competence level of TW is.

They say the game will remain in early access for around a year, but I easily can see it taking three to bring up to a completed state.

“While we do not have a set date for a full release at this moment in time, we expect that the game will be in early access for around a year. Our focus is on ensuring that the game is fun and enjoyable rather than imposing a deadline that might have a negative impact on the final product.”

Let's hope they do just that.

“While we do not have a set date for a full release at this moment in time, we expect that the game will be in early access for around a year. Our focus is on ensuring that the game is fun and enjoyable rather than imposing a deadline that might have a negative impact on the final product.”
I really dont understand what even "release" means. It will change nothing.
So you can hype a little bit more and try to sell this game again after year to not only hardcore fans?

When you have features that are implemented but poorly balanced they are closed to not being implemented aswell.

Both has to happen. A game needs a solid foundation

I really dont understand what even "release" means. It will change nothing.
So you can hype a little bit more and try to sell this game again after year to not only hardcore fans?
Release would mean it's feature complete and (mostly) bug-free and polished product. If that's a criteria for some people to buy the game, then yes, they will, of course, sell it to more people, but judging by the numbers and looking at estimates I'd say it had already sold very well.

Back
Top Bottom