Is anyone interested in creating balancing mods?

Are these popular opinions?

• Yes

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Would some people be interested in creating some mods to balance out the game in the meantime until Taleworlds finally does?
These are my opinions on what needs to be balanced and you are welcome to add your own / debate mine as they are all open to discussion

1) Kingdoms are too aggressive. War is constant and moves too fast. Kingdoms need to offer peace when they are losing terribly to prevent one faction from steamrolling the map
2) Factions should avoid multiple front wars. They should attempt to only be at war with one kingdom at a time if possible
3) Archers are a bit overpowered, the way to fix this is not to nerf the archers but to instead improve blocking on units with shields against archers and also increase damage resistance on medium to heavy armor against arrows. Unarmored units without shields should and would IRL get torn apart by archers
4) Forest bandits should be a mix of infantry and Archers, not just Archers.
5) Tier 1 recruits from all factions should be at the bottom of the troop trees for all types of units in a faction. Example: Battanian volunteers should be able to become archers
6) Possibly Single-Player auto blocking?
7) A few more difficulties for combat AI. Average is too easy for me and Good is too hard. I would like something in between.
8 ) Daily wages are a pain in the ass. I would much prefer weekly wages. It would make it easier to grow wealth and then take that hit all at once at the end of the week. It should also be lower. Why I am paying almost 1000 gold a week for an army of 30 recruits is beyond me
9) I am not sure about time in the game, should it move slower? Maybe add two months to a season instead of one? I haven't played for an extended amount of time days wise so I can't decide if it needs to be balance. I just know winter felt really short
10) Significantly more time should be allowed to pass between days when a lady or lord gets angry for not visiting. I will be gone for two days and a lady will be angry at me for not visiting
11) Tournaments should have Tournament armor to equal it out instead of the units armor
12) The weapons in practice fights are upsurd and not balanced. Why do I get a ****ty one handed sword at spawn and the other guy gets a shield, nice saber and a bow and arrow. I get picked off as I have no shield to block the archers with. We need to make it so we can pick our weapon or balance them out

Last edited:
I posted another thread about a realism rebalance mod I'd like to make. So far, no one seems to know where the files are so I could edit them, probably because TW has yet to give us access to those files.

The same is likely true for the problems you'd like to fix, sadly. All we can do is wait.

I posted another thread about a realism rebalance mod I'd like to make. So far, no one seems to know where the files are so I could edit them, probably because TW has yet to give us access to those files.

The same is likely true for the problems you'd like to fix, sadly. All we can do is wait.

I have been looking around in the files, give these files a look through and tell me what you see. I will be doing the same
They are in
Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\ModuleData

native_parameters.xml
managed_core_parameters.xml
managed_campaign_parameters.xml
combat_parameters.xml

Combat parameters has cooldowns for kick and bash. Other than that it is rotation stuff which doesn't appear useful.

I looked through native parameters, but don't remember anything useful.

Combat parameters has cooldowns for kick and bash. Other than that it is rotation stuff which doesn't appear useful.

You could possibly get rid of the swing lag in native parameters but I feel that was intentional to reflect the swing speed of certain weapons. You could also increase player speed although I feel like that is a bit realistic already

I'd consider increasing the player speed. A human can move a lot faster than the speeds you reach in Bannerlord. I would need to run around naked for a while at maximum Athletics, to work out what a good speed to set it to would be, of course.

Look through the Sandbox folder, you might find some useful folders. I am just now looking at it

Couldn't find anything useful there. You can change companion stats, and the equipment and stats of some bandits.

I agree with most of what you've proposed, but I think it would be much better to balance out factions steamrolling eachother by increasing garrison sizes across the board. That way, sieges aren't too common and they feel much more hard fought, while its harder to keep sieging multiple castles as your losses accumulate really quickly.

Couldn't find anything useful there. You can change companion stats, and the equipment and stats of some bandits.
I changed some of the forest bandit equipment. The lowest level bandits are now infantry, which actually really helped even them out to the levels of other bandits

I agree with most of what you've proposed, but I think it would be much better to balance out factions steamrolling eachother by increasing garrison sizes across the board. That way, sieges aren't too common and they feel much more hard fought, while its harder to keep sieging multiple castles as your losses accumulate really quickly.
That seems like a good idea too. I feel like that would make the AI less aggressive as a result but if you leave a castle undefended, they will take it very quickly which seems reasonable. I think pay for troops would have to decrease at the sane time to balance that. Along with food consumption

Oh yes, this is mostly required!

I hope to see a more in-depth diplomacy system in Bannerlord aswell. Right now even being a Vassal, you can't really vote for peace, only war and you can't even give your opinion on the matter, the king says we go to war, **** the senate, **** the diplomacy and laws, you gotta accept the consequences of a stupid king, even though there is a council for that. You can't annex rulers fiefs, even when you're the king, you can't simply gift the fief/castle to your vassals. There is no gift or alliance or even friendly/trade diplomatic relation with another faction. I would love to see a more in-depth system like that.

Bargains for a peace treaty by gifting land conquered during the war. I conquered a few castles, gifted them back (the ones that didn't have meaning to my kingdom) in order to declare peace with that faction, and the king simply replied "Well, alright".

I might turn my attention to that later on. For now, if it isn't fun to fight bandits, I figure I won't get to that point in the game.

Back
Top Bottom