Is a replay editor for all multiplayer matches still going to be a thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

You really think they are capable of making that? I bet if they added it to the game it'd break so many things at once that they'd rather not even try lol

You really think they are capable of making that? I bet if they added it to the game it'd break so many things at once that they'd rather not even try lol
They showed a working version of it 6 years ago. So either its 6 years in the making or they scrapped it and just havent said it yet, lets see if they respond and let us know

They'll probably say "its in the works" to hide the fact that they actually realized they can't implement such a large addition to the game without making it implode and then never mention it again lmao

you mean the one shown working in 2015?
thats the one

The footage of "Bannerlord" shown in 2015 was, in all likelihood, was probably using an entirely different engine than the Bannerlord we know today, with the replay editor being some kind of 3rd party software running independently of "Bannerlord" and something they simply mentioned for marketing purposes.

There's also speculation that the 2015 Gamescom gameplay footage itself was scripted.

Whether you want to believe it ran on a completely different engine, used outside software, or was scripted, either way it is extremely unlikely that the multiplayer replay editor you saw will be introduced in any way during Bannerlord's (short and tragic) lifespan.

Last I heard about the replay editor was back in 2020. Dev said it worked like Age of Empires 2 recorded games. Basically it takes a snapshot of game state and then records network messages. When you go to replay, it starts at the snapshot and just reruns the recorded network messages.

So from that conversation, it sounds like it is still a feature that might get released.

Last I heard about the replay editor was back in 2020. Dev said it worked like Age of Empires 2 recorded games. Basically it takes a snapshot of game state and then records network messages. When you go to replay, it starts at the snapshot and just reruns the recorded network messages.

So from that conversation, it sounds like it is still a feature that might get released.
good that it was mentioned in 2020, but no mention of it at all in any of the future plan posts this close to Q4 2021 is odd

Here is a conspiracy theory:

TW have it working and ready. They already introduced a photomode in single player as a part of it.

They won't let it out just yet because players would see combat flaws and/or hit detection inconsistency in 4K Ultra HD 360 fps.

They are waiting to get combat right and working before they introduce a tool that may be used against them.

The replay editor is one of the greatest things a competitive game may have. Same goes for single player. I doubt they will scrap a system that will add a whole new dimention to the game.

Here is a conspiracy theory:

TW have it working and ready. They already introduced a photomode in single player as a part of it.

They won't let it out just yet because players would see combat flaws and/or hit detection inconsistency in 4K Ultra HD 360 fps.

They are waiting to get combat right and working before they introduce a tool that may be used against them.

The replay editor is one of the greatest things a competitive game may have. Same goes for single player. I doubt they will scrap a system that will add a whole new dimention to the game.
Lol

The replay editor is not working at the moment, updating it takes a lot of time which during EA we use to focus on other things. But it still exists. Our (EA) Launch Trailer was made by using it for example.

Lol

The replay editor is not working at the moment, updating it takes a lot of time which during EA we use to focus on other things. But it still exists. Our (EA) Launch Trailer was made by using it for example.
Is this the reason why Observer mode is also not implemented yet?

Is this the reason why Observer mode is also not implemented yet?
Nope, its a completly different system and its coming together with some other matchmaking improvements at one point. In theory it works already, the problem as far as I know is the matchmaking backend atm and a few rare crashes caused by spectators.

Nope, its a completly different system and its coming together with some other matchmaking improvements at one point. In theory it works already, the problem as far as I know is the matchmaking backend atm and a few rare crashes caused by spectators.
I see, that is reassuring. Thank you for the update i'm glad to hear that it is making progress. With any luck we will hopefully be able to use it soon to monitor and showcase our future events to the community.

Lol

This brings joy!

Lol

Thanks for the response. Does this mean that we should expect features like this to arrive post release? Or is the replay tool not within the scope of initial release.

Back
Top Bottom