Is 16gb Ram needed?

Users who are viewing this thread

I have seen some talk on the forums for a while now that 8gb of ram is not sufficient for the Bannerlord and that 16gb of ram runs the game smooth fixes a lot of the problems in the game currently. I'm running on 8gb it's ok the game could run better also I get there are a lot of other factors not just ram this thread just is just to see everyone stance is 16gb of ram the way to go or is 8gb fine?

I think it's just that 8 isn't enough and people typically upgrade to 16. Haven't read anyone trying with upgrading just to 12 or such.
Since I went up to 16 I can play banner lord with no problems while having YouTube or other programs playing at the same time and what not. Basically I always have ram to spare is what I mean. I also got SSD and moved BL onto it at the same time so not sure which helped more but together it solved all my game running needs.

I have seen some talk on the forums for a while now that 8gb of ram is not sufficient for the Bannerlord and that 16gb of ram runs the game smooth fixes a lot of the problems in the game currently. I'm running on 8gb it's ok the game could run better also I get there are a lot of other factors not just ram this thread just is just to see everyone stance is 16gb of ram the way to go or is 8gb fine?
I have 8 gb ram and my game runs smoothyly on everything, on very high specs by the way

Upgrade to 36 since its cheap now.
Some games started to use more than 16.
Also it will benefit u if u have somthing open like chrom or other programs While playing the game

with upgrading just to 12 or such.
I think that is because pretty much everyone runs Ram on Dual Channel, so going to 12 seems... weird? I have never seen 3 or 6gb ram sticks.
Its usually 1,2,4,8,16 etc.
And its advised to always use the same ram, so going 2x2 + 2x4 may cause some problems, especially when both dual channel run on a different speed. Highely unlikely but still possible

I'm unsure, a lot of us are scarred from the memory leaks that existed for a few months. I believe most of that is fixed so you might be able to get away with 8g's now. The memory leaks from the past encouraged me to jump up to 32g's as ram is super cheap these days.

8gb = couldn't play
16gb = zero problems
this before even the first patch
nowadays idk how 8gb is but 16 can only be better

It was at the time when the game was crashing with 16gb, but likely overkill now with the leaks fixed. But now I won't ever have to worry about it.
no, i meant on a more broad scale, Bannerlord is not the only game out there. Because as i see it, for general purposes 16 is more than enough. one way or another it all comes down to a cpu and video adapter.

no, i meant on a more broad scale, Bannerlord is not the only game out there. Because as i see it, for general purposes 16 is more than enough. one way or another it all comes down to a cpu and video adapter.
If you ever want to play star citizen you'll need more than 16. For any other game out there 16 will be enough, unless you like to run multiple programs at once. But yeah definitely worth it, ram wont be your issue for things anymore and like you said you'll have to worry about your cpu/gpu.

Great job with the replies thanks I think I will be getting an upgrade soon seems like 16gb ram is the new norm think it will just help for general performance of the PC and games will be running a lot better

I personally have a triple monitor setup, and usually run Edge (just better than chrome in everything) and Teamspeak/Discord at once, all that uses 6 out of 32 gigs in idle.
So 8gigs nowadays is pretty much nothing, 16gigs is fine for Single Screen setup, but i would go for 32gb, usually only costs 10-20 more bucks than a 16gig kit anyways.

I personally have a triple monitor setup, and usually run Edge (just better than chrome in everything) and Teamspeak/Discord at once, all that uses 6 out of 32 gigs in idle.
So 8gigs nowadays is pretty much nothing, 16gigs is fine for Single Screen setup, but i would go for 32gb, usually only costs 10-20 more bucks than a 16gig kit anyways.
If you have a lot of ram Windows will try to use as much as possible. Non used ram is useless ram (a lot of people don´t understand the concept.)

So in your use case (Edge/Discord/TS) Windows would just use less ram if you would have got less ram.

But I agree, 16 GB is the miminum you should have nowadays if you play games.

Also agree that Edge Chromium is better than Chrome :smile:

I´m just watching Netflix right now and surfing...my PC uses also 8 out of 32 GB Ram, but it would still run fine if I´ve would have only got 8 GB Ram total.

If you have a lot of ram Windows will try to use as much as possible. Non used ram is useless ram (a lot of people don´t understand the concept.)

So in your use case (Edge/Discord/TS) Windows would just use less ram if you would have got less ram.

But I agree, 16 GB is the miminum you should have nowadays if you play games.

Also agree that Edge Chromium is better than Chrome :smile:

I´m just watching Netflix right now and surfing...my PC uses also 8 out of 32 GB Ram, but it would still run fine if I´ve would have only got 8 GB Ram total.
Thanks for explaining that.
You learn something new each day

Back
Top Bottom