Ironman Mode

Users who are viewing this thread

Everyone gets the temptation. However even with Ironman mode you could still Alt-F4; eventually it will just come down to self control I'm afraid.
There is one game called state of decay 2 , and somehow alt + f4 won't help you in this game . Probably the game have to autosave too often , but the fact is alt+f4 won't help you , you just load right on a moment when you pressed alt+f4. May be devs could do something about it too.
Anyway , even so , that's better than nothing. I can't resist to temptation to load after failure.

If you use Alt-f4, you will probably also soon lose interest in your Ironman campaign. You know you cheated and you can't take pride in any achievements that followed your cheating. You might as well play a normal campaign and reload.
The grown up thing is to accept failure when it comes, forge a plan B and recover the situation. Now that's achievement and it's also good for your character. It also teaches you to be less reckless and manage risks by having backup plans in the future.
The game is only required to plug exploits in the game itself, not have complex anti-cheat systems because you are a poor loser.

Even in games with enforced saving like Dark souls game(s) you can cheat it by manually backing up the save and restoring it when you're done, like if you use all your items on invasions and don't want to bother getting more you just restore the save when you're done.

I hope they at least add little more to it then just forced auto saves n such.

Back
Top Bottom