- Best answers
Iron Will - Wound ExperienceWith inspirations from Kenshi, this true "survival of the fittest" experience makes your troop battle hardened by just the simple fact of not dying after a possible fatal blow.
This decreases the grind for upgrading low tier troops and actually rewards the player for letting his weak troopos risk their lives by fighting in battle. It also indirectly buffs Medicine skill, by making it kinda useful to upgrade troops.
The mod works not only for the player, but for any mobile NPC parties too! That's right, even for the poor and dirty Looters! It only show as a message for the player character, his companions and owned troops by default.
This mod is compatible with the amazing Mod Configuration Menu (MCM) by Aragasas. This is a SOFT dependency and thus entirely optional but highly recommended.
Download and Links
- Iron Will - Wound Experience Nexus Mods page
- Iron Will - Wound Experience TaleWorlds Forums page
- Iron Will - Wound Experience ModDB page
- Iron Will Project GitHub
- Adds configurable Athletics Experience to any Hero wounded in battle (40xp by default) .
- Hero XP scales with Learning Rate. Current: xpValue * learningRateBonus. (can be turned off)
- Adds configurable Generic Experience to any Troop wounded in battle (40xp by default).
- Generic Troop XP scales with troop tier. Current: xpValue * (troop.Tier +1). (can be turned off)
- Player Character, Companions and Owned troops received XP appears in the ingame console. (can be turned off)
- Works globally to all troops in game, both in battle and campaing map.
- Optional in-game configurable values with Mod Configuration Menu (MCM). This is a soft dependency.
- Configurable Experience value for Heroes and Generic Troops at "xxWoundXPSettings.xml". (note: MCM configuration takes priority and overrides this file)
- NLogger for debugging reasons at "WoundExperienceLog.txt".
- Only valid for real battles, so you can't cheese it by getting wounded in tournaments and arenas heh.
The mod is pretty much done
There might be some minor tweaks/bug fixes here and there in the future.
Downloading Mod Configuration Menu (MCM) by Aragasas is highly recommended for best quality of life by changing mod settings in game. This is a SOFT dependency and thus entirely optional by the player. MCM settings takes priority before the XML settings file. So if the player haves MCM, the code will load stored info from MCM and then override XML file on startup every time.
However, if you choose to not install Mod Configuration Menu for some reason, you can change the desired values of "xxWoundXPSettings.xml ". In this case during startup, the settings loads from the XML at "\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\xxWoundXp\xxWoundXPSettings.xml".
Currently tested and working with e1.5.2 version. This mod rarely breaks, so try it out!
If you have any issue, please adress it at the Nexus Bugs tab in the Nexus mod page.
Kenshi, one of the major creative influences for this mod series.
But what is the "Iron Will" project?
Iron Will is a collection of mods for the game Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord that adds many utilities to aid the player and his party to survive even in the harshest, rock botton environments. The main objetive is add immersive actions to balance the game difficulty curve without decreasing the challenge. This modpack might be useful with any mods that makes the game harder and more punishing.
Check out the Iron Will GitHub if you want to do any contribution, see how something is coded or to look how I do my workflow.
Current Mod List: