MP Modern Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Wow! It's looking great! I really like how the trenches look and the background explosion sounds.

Skot the Sanguine said:
Those trench mortars look like a lot of fun.  I was going to say they look like a blast but I realized my subconscious was making a horrible pun joke.  :lol:
I love puns...  :sad:

Quick preview.

GxzFq.png

Update 22 will show some more of the redone French uniforms as well as some other stuff.

There are tons of primary source trench maps out there on the internet, would any of those be considered for import (e.g. creation) to the mod?

Skot the Sanguine said:
That looks superb, the dirt on the texture in particular looks very natural.
Thanks!

Gewehr98 said:
There are tons of primary source trench maps out there on the internet, would any of those be considered for import (e.g. creation) to the mod?
I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

I think he means all of the people who have made new maps for Warband and Warband mods, possibly some heavily based with trenches, that could be possibly put into the mod?

Gewehr98 said:
I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
[/quote]

For example, here's a trench map of the Le Transloy area:

post-5284-0-59948400-1338203413.jpg

Could something like that be created in the mod for a more historical/immersion feel?

Update #22 Revamped French Uniforms
This update shows a couple of our revamped French uniforms. The past few months have been spent focusing on Germany but France definitely needs some touching up. To reflect the uniqueness of each class, there are several different gear variations. Here are just a few of them.

Renders
All uniform models and textures by Rigadoon except for the boots and Chauchat pouches, by Betaknight.

This first image shows a M15 Poiret coat with full marching gear. Soldiers would often carry all of their equipment on assaults, so that they would be well supplied when holding enemy trenches.
OMrS2.png

Here is the uniform and equipment of a Chachaut armed automatic riflemen. The M14 type 4 Poiret was still largely in use during the mod's time period despite the M15 being introduced. Leather pouches allow the carrying of two Chauchat magazines. More magazines would be carried by an accompanying ammunition bearer.
ioHUW.png

Finally, we have an assault roll, which allowed soldiers to be fairly mobile while retaining the most important equipment. The greatcoat is a M14 type 1 modified into a type 4 by adding lower pockets. The type of blue fabric used varied widely throughout the war making it so that these modified uniforms often looked mismatched.
JvnW8.png

Little bonus, here's a morphine ampoule, available to the medical corps. Modeled and textured by KArantukki.
RxbS7.png

What's Next?
Like mentioned earlier, this update includes only small amount of the French uniforms. There will be far more variations and new equipment for officers and artilleryman. Modeling focus has shifted to artillery, specifically infantry support guns and mortars. As well, the mappers will be glad to here that we plan to release the mapping module for the next update along with some other fancy stuff that DanyEle has been working on.

Join our Steam Group
Watch us on ModDB

Update #23 Christmas Update
Merry Christmas folks! To celebrate the occasion, we're sharing some exciting news concerning the mod's release and website.

Release Date and Website
I'm happy to announce that the mod is in the final stage of development and we are now comfortable providing a broad release date. Development has been going on for more than a year and all that work will culminate in our first public version which we plan to release January 2014. I know that this isn't the 2013 release I hinted at but due to much of the team being out of action due to school exams, this is the best we can do. Unfortunately, to meet this deadline, we cannot release a mapping module this update. I am so sorry for making many false promises concerning the mapping module. It seems every time we try, an issue pops up that significantly drags out the time needed.

In preparation for the release, DanyEle has created an Iron Europe website. Keep in mind it is very much a work in progress. A quick look will reveal that we are now accepting donations. Anything you can offer is much appreciated and will go to website and server hosting.
http://www.ironeurope.eu/

Since we're so close to release, I ask that all of you increase efforts to spread the mod's publicity. Let your friends and clan mates know, or just random people on the public servers. If we manage to build a large active community, it'll mean more fun for everybody as well as bigger and quicker updates.

Renders
As I promised in the past, more artillery previews! Get a glimpse of some new artillery pieces we've created, both big and small.

This is the smallest artillery piece you'll find on the battlefield, the Granatenwerfer. It launches grenades only a short distance but can be moved around. By Rigadoon, Bsnott, and Wigster.
ueACj.png
Now for something much larger. This Canon de 75 modèle 1897 is one of the things that Olafson from the FSE team has been assisting us with. The current texture is a placeholder.
YkPBK.png

Demonstration Video
See the Canon de 75 modèle 1897 in-game and functional along with the following features implemented by DanyEle. Keep in mind that most things shown in the video are WIP.
  • Movement icons, showing whether you are in running, walking or crouching mode. Icons made by Karantukki and Peppe0
  • Limited ammunition crates. Ammo crates now have a pool that each ammo refill will draw from.
  • Morphine can be used to recover a bit of health. However, they do not stop bleeding so need to be used in conjunction with bandages.
  • Bandages now have limited uses.
  • New bayonet animation.
  • 75mm field gun demonstration.

Merry Christmas to all of you and thank you so much for your continued support over the past year.
http://www.ironeurope.eu/
Join our Steam Group
Watch us on ModDB

Beautiful mod, respectable work and research!

I guess the mod is only available in multiplayer mode right? Such a mod would be kind of unsuitable for single player.

I have had great interest in the Great War very recently, since next year, 2014 will make a full 100 years since the start of the Great War. It's a hard feeling to describe to watch all these actions at the distance of 100 years.

Back
Top Bottom