Iron Chieftain: Simulated RTS and Citybuilder

Users who are viewing this thread

EP3M4FPWkAEt7Z6

I introduce to you Iron Chieftain: An upcoming RTS Citybuilder with a strong focus on population management, city building and diplomacy. It is set in a fictionalised ancient world with a variety of factions to choose from.

Planned (complete or almost complete) features:
- Automatic civilian collection of resources and building, in the vein of games such as Banished or Black and White.
- A focus on Citybuilding and population management, where the strength of your workforce grows based on your ability to produce food and shelter.
- Large military units recruited directly from the population.
- Super-efficient pathfinding utilising the game's road system, hopefully allowing for large numbers of citizens and soldiers across the map.
- Fully dynamic lighting and weather.
- First person mode where actions have to be made at ground level.
- Interiors for all buildings

Future goals:
- Naval trade and battles.
- Some light Action-RPG mechanics, like buying items, owning a house, having a small party etc
- AI towns that grow dynamically as the game progresses, using the same rules as the player.
- Customisable military units various types of equipment to give to units on an individual level.
- AI military units which can do the same in response to you.
- City walls and siege mechanics.

Screenshots:
unknown.png

FSOpAhPXoAMmigq

FKwxA_zXsAEdoUX

FKwxXy8WYAQGjql

FKwx7UIXMAEggkD

FKlsyQZXwAEFqKn

FK9F7zEXEAAbZdb

unknown.png
EPzaqfXX0AIRoiD

EONZlWJXsAIkgHE

EOC-VpaWoAM1yoX

EN8WZJKWsAM1rVV

ELoHBEUXkAIACOD

ELiakJYX0AAoWhI

ELiakJOX0AMgWW5

ELhHyi4WoAASttL
DqNUv9QWkAA-Iwz.jpg
DqNUwDyWkAI7DWu.jpg
DqSJ_NAW4AAwjSG.jpg

Ds4tXv4WwAIUvwj.jpg
Ds4tXyGXcAEeJmW.jpg
Dq6eH__X0AArNJo.jpg
Dqx8MZ7XcAA_uCk.jpg
DqNUv4zWsAATGNK.jpg

Literally. I would rather boil my own scrotum in reconstituted pork cordial than look at these so-called screenshots, but at least they look better than BroneyLODS.

That water looks catastrophically terrible, terminally.

Bonerlard literally looks worse than these screensharts. I find that stupendously hilarious. BonnolAIDS, a game sharted out by professional Turkmenistan developers that get payed hard cash with a G somehow made their so-called game look WORSE than a 2-bit hacklord from Londinium with the technical ability of a fermented whelk.

How is that supposed to work? Are the BoneyMlords just pissing their cockends around? It has been EIGHTORNINE YEAR/S !! YOU CAN’T MAKE A SO-CALLED ISLAMIC STATE GAME LOOK BETTER THAN A 2-BIT HACKSTACK FROM DOWN PISSDINIUM UPON THYMES WAY AFTER EIGHTORNINE YEAR/S IN DEVELOPMENT HELL?

I’M SORRY, WHAT?

Last edited:
Is there a time-period/setting/culture for this (or maybe like Civ where it's random at the start)? Looks really neat though, looking forward to seeing more.

I admire your motivation as well as your skill. I get all kinds of dreams of stuff I'd like to do or make, but I can't convince myself of the point of learning how to do them when I know I'll never have the motivation to stick with it and complete what I start.

Arvenski said:
I admire your motivation as well as your skill. I get all kinds of dreams of stuff I'd like to do or make, but I can't convince myself of the point of learning how to do them when I know I'll never have the motivation to stick with it and complete what I start.

Agreed. Seems like your personal is quite accurate, btw.

Kentucky, is there an overworld map where you move resources/interact with the npc cultures, or is it all in one open-world? Also, any plans to incorporate some kind of 'duel' map or something where a small amt. (2-3 maybe) of players could attempt to build their cities in competition with other players? Anyway, screens look beautiful, and I look forward to a city builder where I don't have to move my mouse over the lumber camp every 5 minutes or the lumber 'rots'  :iamamoron:

Lol, Densetsu is too busy playing aoe2 and wololoing his enemies into submission to have a girlfriend. :iamamoron: Also, I'm incredibly happy that wololoing is apparently an accepted word

Out of curiosity, how much of a role will the military units play, and how in-depth is the combat mechanics? I know someone joked about aoe2 earlier, but will it be more early rts (aoe, warcraft II, Starcraft etc.), or more hands-on?

Roccoflipside said:
Kentucky, is there an overworld map where you move resources/interact with the npc cultures, or is it all in one open-world?

No overworld, just individual levels with islands up to 10km wide, and maybe 10-30 settlements on each one. Everything the player interacts with will be simulated. My aim is to allow you to screw up at any point of the logistic pipeline and for the AI to do the same.

Roccoflipside said:
Out of curiosity, how much of a role will the military units play, and how in-depth is the combat mechanics? I know someone joked about aoe2 earlier, but will it be more early rts (aoe, warcraft II, Starcraft etc.), or more hands-on?

I don't plan to compete with total war or anything, but the scale of individual units should be similar. I'm interested by the idea of battles being won before they even begin with things like logistics and wider strategic manoeuvres doing most of the work. I've even toyed with the idea of having actual historically accurate premodern battles where it's more or less a shouting match half the time, and have battle casualties be minimal.

Yes please Mr. Hinds. I love Hegemony because it's the only game that even tries to pretend to simulate logistics, and while it's a great series, it's very lacking in several aspects.

Have you ever thought about having us entertain midde devblogs until you give a release date?  :lol: :iamamoron:

Now seriously, you tell us that it will be an "fictionalised ancient world" ... can you tell us what period +- you're taking inspiration?

Back
Top Bottom