Iron Chieftain: Simulated RTS and Citybuilder

Users who are viewing this thread

Dead game

Reported. Game deleted.

I have mostly just forgotten to post here, but I've done a ton of work since then.
FKwxXy8WYAQGjql

FKwxA_zXsAEdoUX

FKwzYURXMAYtzbm

FKwx7UIXMAEggkD

FK9F7zEXEAAbZdb

It's more or less playable. All the game systems (except pathfinding, which I need to do more reading up on) are done. I'm currently ironing out bugs and making the UI usable, which is a pain in unreal's system, but that's mostly done too.

You should release it in early access!

:iamamoron:
a sucker is born every minute as so they say...

RESIST the urge to play a half-baked game. Don't give the developers money UNTIL it is a finished product. This is exactly the reason we are all eating a **** sandwich with Bannerlord. Btw, really nice project you got here KFC.

a sucker is born every minute as so they say...

RESIST the urge to play a half-baked game. Don't give the developers money UNTIL it is a finished product. This is exactly the reason we are all eating a **** sandwich with Bannerlord. Btw, really nice project you got here KFC.
I have had several conversations about early access with @Kentucky 『 HEIGUI 』 James , which is why I made that comment. So I am afraid you were missing a reference there my friend :smile: . I also have bought several early access games that I am perfectly happy with myself but hey to each their own.

I've started drafting some music for the game. Not exactly sure yet how I'll implement the different tracks and make them fit the gameplay, but at least now I have an idea of the soundscape of the final game.

Transition / Level loading https://vocaroo.com/1jD8mi1y75Nb

Main Menu https://vocaroo.com/1c5AGxkAuQkX

Battle Preparation https://vocaroo.com/1abWtyL8WJgR

I made these on Musescore 4 which is an excellent piece of software. It has VSTs built into the app and they sound great, plus you can do all the fiddly orchestral stuff like tremolo and dynamics that is such a pain in the ass in every other compsition software I've tried.

About the actual game, Im currently working on combat and NPC AI. I should probably record some videos but I can't be bothered, lol. I kind of don't want to show anything else until the first beta version, and also the VPN on my laptop hasnt been working for a while so transferring files is buttpain.

Last edited:
I really liked these songs! You mixed interesting styles so it has its own identity, it'll go well with the game since it also has a very unique visual style.

That's my issue with Manor Lords, it looks extremely generic medieval European and thus doesn't really pull me in.

I kind of don't want to show anything else until the first beta version,

Steam page when

The steam page is actually already up, but I can't publish it without putting screenshots and a trailer on it, which is part of the reason I wanted music for it, so this composition programme has ben a real godsend. I also don't want to make elements of the game work properly instead of "faking" them, which wouldn't even save me much time considering how much of the groundwork I've already done.

Back
Top Bottom