iPhone X, iPhone 8 & 8+

Users who are viewing this thread

Kataphrakt

Recruit
So Apple just unveiled these new iPhones a few minutes ago. Kinda disappointed about the 8 and 8 plus but the X is looking really good. Personally I have never had an apple device because they're so damn expensive but I like how this is going.
What do you think about them?
http://imgur.com/gallery/dUuC3

P.S. (Yes i f'd up and posted it into "other games" rather than just the off-topic board itself, sorry dad)

I sincerely thought there could be no way for an iPhone dedicated thread to appear here, but let me state a few things about all this.

First and foremost, Apple products are generally regarded as luxury accessories that cater to a special, yet broad audience that finds these gadgets as a label of their status or, like in the case of the environment I live it, makes it think that it has a status. Of course, such products are perceived differently from place to place, but I think we can agree that a significant part of Apple's customers don't buy their gadgets solely for their technology.
Secondly, the reason why the mobile market gets over-saturated with new products on a yearly basis is a fierce competition between technology giants aiming to secure bigger quotas to the damage of their counterparts, hence all the new releases.
To wrap this up, my personal opinion is that we don't have too many reasons to get excited about the new X or Y thing, because as the trends reveal, we are not going to witness any technological breakthrough that would objectively justify the acquisition price or the need to buy the new product altogether.

As long as the people will be enthusiastic about the new rectangular box of the year that contains nothing more special than the previous one, I can't see how the companies will be inclined to press the 'research' button more often.

You're not wrong, but I would say you missed a point about the audience. True, many people do have the illusion of status, however, you can't ignore that iPhones take up about 18% of the entire mobile phone market.

Wether you like it or not, millions and millions of people use EyePhonez. They aren't even that expensive with a good contract deal! Walk through any city and you will see hundreds of different types of people all using them.

If you are willing to spend slightly more money, an iPhone is a convenient and easy choice to make, which is one reason why so many people buy their products.

Adorno said:
This should be in the Hardware & Software section.
I know, like i said I f'd up :/
Now if a moderator was kind enough to move it to that specific section everyone would be happy

Concerning the price. To western countries, it is not expensive nor cheap, it is a good price. But for the people that live in the **** that we call Eastern Europe, specifically Romania (where I live), price is a much bigger problem. You see, economy is pretty damn bad, and in my country you may aswell be eating butter on toast for a few months after buying an iPhone. Keep in mind the minimum salary is 150$ which is unacceptable. I am considering moving to England or even USA through an experience exchange (hopefully) but that remains to be seen.
Having an iPhone here gives you quite a status of having more money than most people and usually we just buy it to show off more than to actually use it for ourselves *stupid people*. I personally have had a Samsung A5 2017 since May, replacing my old broken S3 mini (which was a horrible phone by the way) and it does it's job just fine. It is fluid, doesn't lag much and is perfect for browsing Facebook, Twitter, the interwebs in general as kids call it these days. But the iPhone just seems overkill for me because I wouldn't use it to play games in 4k for example.

Age of Empires II: The Densetsu ? said:
You're not wrong, but I would say you missed a point about the audience. True, many people do have the illusion of status, however, you can't ignore that iPhones take up about 18% of the entire mobile phone market.

Wether you like it or not, millions and millions of people use iPhones because they are very convenient and easy to use. They aren't even that expensive with a good contract deal. I know dozens of people that use them because they are a perfectly fine experience. Walk through any city and you will see hundreds of different types of people all using iPhones.

I probably don't know too much about they way iPhone products are perceived in highly developed countries, but if there is a place where one is ready to starve just to buy the new iPhone of the year or a Porsche Cayenne, that's Moldova. The people living here love to share their expensive jewels to their friends and make them think they're doing well even if their daily lives are close to miserable.

Indeed, it's probably different in Moldova. In superior countries like The United Kingdom and The United States of North and South America, they really aren't that much more of an investment than a new fancy Android phone.

With the way a decent network plan will arrange or cover your phone payments, often Google or Apple is just a personal choice. If you want to save money, you get a Windows phone. Of course, you lose out in the long run since your family will need to pay for your funeral after you commit suicide from trying to use a Windows phone.

Age of Empires II: The Densetsu ? said:
The United States of North and South America
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom