Resolved INVISIBLE CHARACTER ON SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN

Users who are viewing this thread

+1
This is happening to me now as well.

1. Missing player model
  2. Glitchy NPC models during combat. - When I hit them in combat I noticed hair or features would disappear for a second then come back
  3. Graphical assets like icons doing what you see in the picture
This is making it hard to play so ill have to put off playing till I can at least see my character.

Hey, i had this issue myself and read somewhere to make sure you dont have any facial decorations or tattoos.

Pretty random i thought, but sure, you can edit your characters appearance after creation(hit V when you are on the world map by default) and i didnt recall setting any facial decoration but it seemed to have chosen the very last one for me, and it wasnt showing on my model. i selected the first option to have nothing, and set it. Problem gone.

To be clear, hit V, click the seventh option to the right at the top of the screen, looks like a tattoo. Make sure the first option is selected for facial decorations/scars and click done.

For the sake of science if this doesnt immediately work, id be curious if you go ahead and pick a different option, click done to apply it, and then bring it back to the first plain option and click done again it may work. Or not. I tried to reproduce the problem right now as so far I cannot on the current beta branch. This fix worked before beta branch, however.

I had the same symptoms as above, tutorial was fine, then character model was missing at some point i cant pinpoint shortly after. was pretty fast. I figured i was having some first/third person camera problem but as i messed with it i noted i couldnt see my weapon swinging, and no horse visible along with my character in battle, but grass and snow physics still working. I was primarily doing trading so i ignored it for a while before i figured it out. Another thing i noted while having this problem was wonky camera as if i was floating into the air when entering taverns. or possibly it was invisibly making my character larger and moving the camera to that perspective? looked like id walk my head through rafters in some taverns, as a tall person irl i wanted to duck! This whole scenario was fixed the moment i talked to any character in the tavern however. My character model visible again and perspective as it should be.

@elysebluemoon

Last edited:
To be clear, hit V, click the seventh option to the right at the top of the screen, looks like a tattoo. Make sure the first option is selected for facial decorations/scars and click done.

Thank you I will give this a try. You are right this is my 4th character and I decided to add a scar.

Back
Top Bottom