In Progress Scene Editor Invisible and Bugged Terrain Paint Layers on 1.6.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
Summary: When testing a scene in-game, only the base terrain paint layer is every visible, nodes that are nearby the player are completely invisible when viewed at certain angles, nodes that are far away sometimes show a saturated version of the base layer. This is new to 1.6.2 and scenes that were made before 1.6.2 seem to be unaffected, but if you add a new layer to one of these old scenes, the new layer won't be rendered, and while nodes won't disappear completely, only the base layer will be rendered everywhere (though somehow the flora in each layer is still spawned correctly).
How to Reproduce
: Create a new scene on 1.6.2, add a few layers, do some painting, save, and try to play it in a custom battle.
Specific Tool: Scene Editor
Media (Screenshots & Video):
from Klassix:
also see the 'Bugged Terrain Layers on 1.6.2' thread in #bl-scenes: https://discord.com/channels/411286129317249035/894098670440546304
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
Hi every time I delete the folder it comes back and I have the same problem as soon as I click start mission, how do I permanently delete the folder

im still getting horrible terrain that turns black or flickers
Where does this occurr, on the world map or a normal scene? On your own scenes or native ones? Does it happen in the editor or in the game? Have you modded the game?... Please describe how to replicate the issue and attach screenshots if possible.

Where does this occurr, on the world map or a normal scene? On your own scenes or native ones? Does it happen in the editor or in the game? Have you modded the game?... Please describe how to replicate the issue and attach screenshots if possible.
Through a scene I edited from scratch, while editing the shaders and terrain look beautiful only when I hit test mission and begin it flickers or goes invisible to black terrain. No mods, nothing touched other than my specific from scratch scene, tried deleting shader folder that I heard from other peoples similar problems. No luck

Back
Top Bottom