Investigating companion stats.....Calradia is full of stupid people.

Users who are viewing this thread

yeah its dumb, my scout has a scout skill that is over her limit by default so when I put a focus point in it, she was still over her limit and now she basically has no chance of ever leveling up again since over half their skills never get used. They either need to have focused skills as said or they need to start at level one, or they need a progression mechanic that differs from the players

Your Subject says it all, and made me laugh hard after so much frustraction. Everybody has all their attribute points in the wrong place unless you hit the RNG-god-button somehow. I did get an _amazing_ scout one time, an Aserei "Wastes" with a 10 CNG that got me off the map on skill (well over 300) in a short few years. He could see hideouts across the map and over mountains.

So my latest play through I hired a smith thinking I don't need to worry about smithing and I can melt down any items I don't use so I won't break the economy. But seriously how the hell is he going to level up like this? :facepalm:
D667C69D20EE7EE75BD9187215409033136E1A18

I hope they add another title on the clan roles: something like Trainer/Centurion (since they claimed the hierarchy of Roman style)
This role would train your recruit or troops lower than t4 or t5 in better shape while sationed on the map or in camp (when bring it back), or moving (xp more slow than stationed or camped). It'd be nice addition

The Old Sumpter Horse and Worn Rugged Saddle was the inside joke for my clan. Every companion started out on the sumpter just so they could ride a horse.

Yeah, what's up with that? Why do all companions have Worn or Rusty gear? Sure, they need a job, but does all their equipment have to suck as well? Dude with 250 one-hand skill and a rusty f*cking sword? Just unbelievable -- he would treat that weapon like a goddamn baby, especially because if he's so damn poor it would be his prized possession. Need to just assign them gear that is level appropriate and not falsely force the player to spend denarii upgrading them. .

Id'e also like to see some more gender variety for the different companion types, its incredibly hard to find a male companion with skill points in the Steward or Trade skills, the only companions that fit this description are the Spice vendors and they are all female, not to mention they have the best stats to be generals for your army but are all named the spice vendor... Maybe add some name variety as well? I want to have a male companion with high steward to be one of my generals, but its incredibly hard to pull off a roleplay where I pretend that Arwa the Spice vendor from Aserai is a Sturgian warlord general because she's the only companion with the proper stats for the job. Not saying females can't be generals, i'm merely suggesting you give me the option to have some Male companions with similar stats so that I can choose whether or not I want a female or male leading my army.

Yeah, what's up with that? Why do all companions have Worn or Rusty gear? Sure, they need a job, but does all their equipment have to suck as well?

Their gear costs figure into their hiring costs. People complained that companions were excessively expensive early on.

Need to just assign them gear that is level appropriate and not falsely force the player to spend denarii upgrading them. .

In the case of weapons, the modifiers currently do nothing except reduce sell value. Armor takes a minor hit, but it is so minor (basically just -1 or -2) that I've never cared. In the cases where it is significant, I'd be replacing their armor anyway.

So my latest play through I hired a smith thinking I don't need to worry about smithing and I can melt down any items I don't use so I won't break the economy. But seriously how the hell is he going to level up like this? :facepalm:
If he would be a really good smith, why should he go and leave his smithy with a rusty sword for adventures? Seems he left a long time ago and spend years fighting and getting experience with weapons...

I agree the companions should show more gender diversity: All Smiths are males, all spicevendors female. That's not middleage, that 19th centrury. I agree tho those wo say companions should start with non-rusty weapons too - maybe TW could remove the double weapon in civilian gear to reduce the "hire companion, sell its eq and fire it"-moneymaking. And I think companions should have a wider variety of skills. Looking at Ubold: 0 in scouting - he must be blind and deaf. 1 in tactics - never learned something in his many fights. 1 in rougery? After years on the road? 0 in charm? Ok, he's a loner. 1 in leadership? Ok. 0 in Trade? Adter years on the road? Not realistic. A level 14 companion should have skills that resemble some life experience - maybe TW should just roll a virtual W20

If he would be a really good smith, why should he go and leave his smithy with a rusty sword for adventures? Seems he left a long time ago and spend years fighting and getting experience with weapons...

I agree the companions should show more gender diversity: All Smiths are males, all spicevendors female. That's not middleage, that 19th centrury. I agree tho those wo say companions should start with non-rusty weapons too - maybe TW could remove the double weapon in civilian gear to reduce the "hire companion, sell its eq and fire it"-moneymaking. And I think companions should have a wider variety of skills. Looking at Ubold: 0 in scouting - he must be blind and deaf. 1 in tactics - never learned something in his many fights. 1 in rougery? After years on the road? 0 in charm? Ok, he's a loner. 1 in leadership? Ok. 0 in Trade? Adter years on the road? Not realistic. A level 14 companion should have skills that resemble some life experience - maybe TW should just roll a virtual W20

My smith came with no weapons of any kind last game. He was fighting with fists.

Lol just make him smith the hardest 2 handed swords you can until you unlock the crazy javelins! Should be able to get fp for smithing anyways. Unless he gets red locked before he levels...... Good luck with anything else, but honesty you CAN just stick a bow on him and let him shoot, even with no skill it's good.
I find smithing on a companion a good way to sneak in a level for fp they need elsewhere too, since you can just MAKE THEM do it.

Lol just make him smith the hardest 2 handed swords you can until you unlock the crazy javelins! Should be able to get fp for smithing anyways. Unless he gets red locked before he levels...... Good luck with anything else, but honesty you CAN just stick a bow on him and let him shoot, even with no skill it's good.
I find smithing on a companion a good way to sneak in a level for fp they need elsewhere too, since you can just MAKE THEM do it.

You will learn to be a smithy, I don't care about your dancing and acting classes!!!!!

Every once in a while I'll find a companion who's attributes and focus points are unassigned and those guys are fantastic since you can actually make them useful, but its very rare to find them like that. It used to be fun leveling up your companions, but now its just a chore.

I can confirm that finding companions with unassigned points is possible.
I got 3 companions with a lot of unassigned attribute&skill points;

I did lots of tests. I literally spent my last 2 days to figure out what the factors are when it comes to make companions spawn. One of my tests was hiring a companion from a city(it was Diathma) and taking that companion to an another city by kicking from my clan. When I went back to Diathma after 1 day(in game time), a new companion was there. And this new companion had lots of unassigned points. After doing it, I tried it again on an another city and it worked again.I was successful literally twice in a row. But then, I tried it like 10 more times on other cities and didn't even work once. So I believe even though what I did was a factor, there are other factors that affect when&where&which new companions spawn.

One thing I'm sure about is, after new companions spawn, there is a limited time for getting them with unassigned points. That's why I'm checking every nearby city's tavern while I do other things on the map.

I can confirm that finding companions with unassigned points is possible.
I got 3 companions with a lot of unassigned attribute&skill points;

I did lots of tests. I literally spent my last 2 days to figure out what the factors are when it comes to make companions spawn. One of my tests was hiring a companion from a city(it was Diathma) and taking that companion to an another city by kicking from my clan. When I went back to Diathma after 1 day(in game time), a new companion was there. And this new companion had lots of unassigned points. After doing it, I tried it again on an another city and it worked again.I was successful literally twice in a row. But then, I tried it like 10 more times on other cities and didn't even work once. So I believe even though what I did was a factor, there are other factors that affect when&where&which new companions spawn.

One thing I'm sure about is, after new companions spawn, there is a limited time for getting them with unassigned points. That's why I'm checking every nearby city's tavern while I do other things on the map.

The limited time for getting companions is another thing I don't like about this game. I don't like to feel rushed when I play. Did you notice in 1.4.3 that there are no traits for companions now?

The limited time for getting companions is another thing I don't like about this game. I don't like to feel rushed when I play.
I said the limited time is for getting new companions *with unassigned points*. I don't think there is a limited time for getting new companions.
An another thing I'm sure about is that new companions sometimes don't show up in Encyclopedia. Sometimes we just go to a city, we click on tavern and they're added to Encyclopedia.

Did you notice in 1.4.3 that there are no traits for companions now?
I don't have 1.4.3 but since I read the patch notes and there is no change about how-when they respawn, I thought it's still the same and wanted to share.

I said the limited time is for getting new companions *with unassigned points*. I don't think there is a limited time for getting new companions.
An another thing I'm sure about is that new companions sometimes don't show up in Encyclopedia. Sometimes we just go to a city, we click on tavern and they're added to Encyclopedia.

I don't have 1.4.3 but since I read the patch notes and there is no change about how-when they respawn, I thought it's still the same and wanted to share.

Yep, I have seen a few companions show up without being in the encyclopedia.

Back
Top Bottom